Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Just stumbled across something on the HBC website that might be of interest to some of you, it sure is to me! You can combine a bunch of things happening and collect several different types of rewards.
  • Bay Days = some great deals on all sorts of things
  • Free Shipping Friday
  • Sweetest 16th online portal shopping today's bonus store for 5X miles
  • Mega Miles online shopping coupon if you haven't used it yet for spend $100 get 50 AM
  • And THIS is what has me thinking about placing an order that I'll pick up next Friday (need to wait to place it till close to midnight though or they will put it back in stock, only hold orders for 7 business days) These 2,000 points will convert to 50 AM!! Side note, i can't find WHEN this ends :confused3
Limited-Time Offer
RECEIVE 2,000 HUDSON’S BAY REWARDS POINTS
with your $75+ purchase when you shop online and pick up in store.
2,000 POINTS = $10 HUDSON’S BAY GIFT CARD
Disclaimer copy: Bonus Rewards offer is valid 30 days from receiving confirmation email that your item is ready for pick up. Offer is redeemable in store only with an online purchase totaling $75+ before taxes. Offer will only be honoured using the Shop Online Pick Up In Store functionality.

Has anyone received their “miss you” AM yet from Sobeys/Safeway for the March promo? Just wondering as the December ones posted right after the end of the promo date.

Just finished up a trip to metro that we dream about :rotfl2:

Bought 6 boxes of granola bars and the following played out

• Cost 2/5 buy 3 get 15 AM
  • Found a coupon for buy 3 get 1 free
  • Used 95 cash miles and the mega miles coupon
  • Loaded threshold spend offer
Total out of pocket cost, $4.45
Snagged 85 miles PLUS the flyer offer of 50 that will follow in a couple of weeks

That means they just PAID me $5.55 to buy the granola bars, right?

I found the coupon hanging by the oatmeal and it's extremely easy to miss because there are no pictures, here's what it looks like

Screenshot_20190412-155127_Gallery.jpg

Walking on the treadmill this morning and watching the news this random thought entered my mind. The Ontario license plates should have had the logo "Party ON" on them instead of whatever it is they decided on.

Not meant to start a discussion just thought it might bring a laugh to those of us in Ontario.
Seeing as how our premiers' priority seems to be alcohol...Party ON would fit right in

I just had an interesting Metro experience. I went to grab a pizza for dinner...using the MM pizza coupon and the redeem 95 Miles coupon. I added in a carton of eggs to get over the $10 hump. The cashier was unsure about the codes I showed her on the app so she called someone else over. He just keyed them both in, no problem. I got the 25 for the pizza but it says ‘deli’ and then I got the 50 for redeeming the miles. Both are on the receipt so I wonder if I will get an additional 50 later on which is usually how it works when the redemption offer is in the flyer. Sad to say that I’m actually a tad excited at the prospect of an extra 50 Miles which would make it 125 and only $4 OOP.

Has anyone received their “miss you” AM yet from Sobeys/Safeway for the March promo? Just wondering as the December ones posted right after the end of the promo date.
Hi Cari
I am still waiting for my 2 x 75 point airmiles to post,,airmiles chat says it can take up to 120 days for bonus points to post,,,uck so I guess I am waiting.
Hugs
Mel

O/T sort of
We have been gently notified that our contract is up for renewal in Aug of this year.
Heaven help us with the current Ont gov.
In preparation our organization is telling us to put a little away in the event of Strike.
So I bought a bunch of Foodland Gift cards and plan to stockpile them.
At Least I got some airmiles!
Hugs
Mel

Did anyone else do that American Express promo back in February where you had to spend so much for bonus points? It was targeted. Anyone see them post? I did it on both cards but haven't seen anything yet.

O/T sort of
We have been gently notified that our contract is up for renewal in Aug of this year.
In preparation our organization is telling us to put a little away in the event of Strike.
Hugs
Mel
And beer. Stock up on beer. If you're striking near a park, with a truck and tail gate, it might not be so bad! :confused3

(Ugh...so not funny thinking of what's to come!)

O/T sort of
Hugs
Mel
I remember those days. It is going to be a hard round this year, since the gov't has already changed the contract by changing the # of students in class-a negotiated item.

I LIKE BEER!!! (said one Supreme Court Judge in the US)

Lots of Colgate toothpaste at my Sobeys,,
I picked up 3 pkgs and got.............
15 + 50 airmiles
65 airmiles total
also got the spend 15o get 150 airmiles coupon for next week but if there is no Blue Friday deals we won't be shopping there.
I was able to flip a few Shell G.C.

Went to Rexall but this is the 5th time products listed in the flyer are expired or near expiry.
can soup--Expired
cheese bricks Expire June 2019
Tim Hortons Coffee Expire May 2019
Crackers --Expired
Cookies---Expired
If they are going to sell food they really need to up there inventory rotation system.
The Tims coffee was on sale for $7.99 and they offered it to me for $5.99,,,uh no thanks...

I made the $50 spend but had a hard time doing so.

On a great note Whole Foods Oakville donated 70 paper bags to my school for costume storage!!! Thanks Whole Foods!!!Very much appreciated!!!

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter