Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I just picked up a couple of tickets on airmiles for
Hotel Cirque Eloize at Sony Centre/Toronto
two tickets/Orchestra seating
Feb 7 2019.
1,550 airmiles

eloize-2019-e.jpg

http://www.sonycentre.ca/calendar-event-details/?id=431
This is my last airmile gift for my son and daughter inlaw for awhile ,,now I am saving just for me,
Universal tickets.

Hugs
Mel
tempting ,,,have to think about this one for the girls. they love cirque.

They have a new Shell promotion.
Text the word “SHELL” to phone number 111222 before March 20, 2019. You’ll be asked to provide your 11-digit AIR MILES Card Number.
Starts Jan 1, 2019

The offer will be loaded onto your AIR MILES Card and ready to use for a 10 week period. Your specific promotion dates will be sent to you via text.

Once you get that text simply use your AIR MILES card when you fill up with at least 25L of fuel and get 10 Bonus Miles every time – up to 100!

Offer can be used in store or at the pump.

Standard message rates apply.

Link below to website.

https://www.shell.ca/en_ca/motorists/loyalty-and-payment/more-air-miles-with-shell.html

edited to add doesn't start until Jan 1, 2019.

Last edited:

Those of you who have 5 figure miles for the year - how do you do it?! I feel like it'll be impossible to do just with gas, groceries, and Rexall - - but is it possible???

Looking back at the past 12 months my biggest earners were the Shell offers; Rexall; STB; Mega Miles; maxing out the grocery gift card offers from Sobey's/Foodland; Blue Friday's; Back to School; Miss Fresh and erewards. Plus I refuse to let go of even 1 air mile. I figure if I spent the money I am owed the air miles. I track them and will chat to get my missing miles. I especially refused to let go of the extra 750 air miles (for both cards) that Sobey's promised to honor. They did finally honour and give the extra miles to me.

They have a new Shell promotion.
Text the word “SHELL” to phone number 111222 before March 20, 2019. You’ll be asked to provide your 11-digit AIR MILES Card Number.

The offer will be loaded onto your AIR MILES Card and ready to use for a 10 week period. Your specific promotion dates will be sent to you via text.

Once you get that text simply use your AIR MILES card when you fill up with at least 25L of fuel and get 10 Bonus Miles every time – up to 100!

Offer can be used in store or at the pump.

Standard message rates apply.

Link below to website.

https://www.shell.ca/en_ca/motorists/loyalty-and-payment/more-air-miles-with-shell.html

Awesome, thanks! I had this number in my cell already but it looks like the last time I had any offers from them was back in July 2017!

I came in at 26,000 for the year. I joined AM in late Feb so really 10 months. This number includes an accrual for Stb. I built up a lot from gift cards at shell and sobeys offers. I find I don’t get Rexall points much being a guy. Looking forward to seeing if I can max more next year. Props to all of you smart ladies and dudes on here

I did a chat with airmiles on facebook today about my missing airmilesshops miles for Black Friday/Cyber Monday. I expected the "wait 60 days" answer, but instead she had me provide the dates/amounts/shop/shop multipliers/pre-tax, pre-inclusion spend and then credited them all! Almost 2900 airmiles (I was still waiting on our Dell PC purchase, which made up most of that). They posted as "missing miles" with today's dates - so two things. If you have a significant amount, maybe wait till January so they count towards next years Onyx (wish I had, I thought they would post as the purchase date), and make sure they know if one needs to count to STB - I had another one post properly that was over $100, so I didn't worry about that.

I just did a chat on FB air miles and it was not as successful. I wanted my 500 miles for the Sept. BMO offer! She wanted me to send her three transactions from my statement, but my statement only went as far back as Sept. 23 and I only had one partner transaction that I could tell her about.

I'm not paying $5.00 to get a copy of my earlier statement for this. I guess I will just have to wait until tomorrow and so a live chat with another rep.

Our total for this year is 13,661 AM. In the past I would say we probably did about 8,000 AM per year but thanks to this group, we have a nice jump in AM earned. We mainly earn from Safeway and our BMO Mastercard. However, due to tips and encouragement from all of you kind folks, I now go to most Blue Fridays (never really bothered before but am more creative with them now thanks to tips found on this board) and achieve the big promo's like Mega Miles and STB which has made a significant jump in our total.

I love coming here to see if there are any promo's I don't know about and tips for achieving them without spending money we wouldn't normally spend. I'm with those that will not spend just to earn miles. Thank you so much to Donald for keeping things so organized and highlighting the important deals; and to all of you for the many tips and tricks to earn more miles!

My total earn this year was over 23,000 AM. Amazing! We have both the MC and Amex Airmiles cards, charge everything and pay in full each month, this along with Shell (we drive two vehicles that only take VPower) and my online shopping addiction (joking but not really) contribute the most to my annual AM balance. I only recently started doing the Mega Miles and STB offers and I think I only did two Blue Fridays. I used to ignore these types of offers but you guys all helped me strategize and up my earning potential! I just basically wiped out most of my AM for our upcoming WDW/UO/IOA trip, so very eager to earn more in 2019! Thanks all!

I earned just over 10K AM this year. Not bad really considering the budget restrictions I've had. Hoping to do as well next year!

I got my Miss Fresh box last week and actually cooked! AM has led me to cooking real meals where I have to chop things and everything. Hopefully the airmiles will come soon. Though perhaps I'd rather they show up in the new year to start off 2019!

I'm also curious how the new travel site will work, though I think I want to plan a cruise so I remember seeing that won't be available for awhile.

This year I used my Airmiles for a couple flights, a hotel, a fancy suitcase, a new toaster oven that works super and an awesome lock for the front so kiddo can get in without having to carry a key! It also lets me know when he unlocks the door (in case he "forgets" to call me when he gets home). I think I got some movie passes along the way. Plans for 2019, flights? hotels? crusie (if possible) and maybe the fancy robot lawn mower... :)

Quick reminder for those of you who like to have a copy of all of your transactions for 2018 that you have until 11:59 to do that. Some of us like to have that to refer to when we need an idea of how long miles take to post. You can either go old school and print it out or save it as a PDF, just go to your transaction record and toggle to the last 12 months. It will look grim next Sunday morning when our status updates!!

I've been quiet the last couple of days because we went on an impromptu get-away to London (ON that is!) with the hopes of going to the movies, out to eat and spend some of our multitude of gift cards that we buy from our kids (my mom insists on giving them cards they have no use for and we turn around and buy them :P ) Turned out there was NOTHING on we wanted to see, we had 3 horrid meals out and the one thing i really wanted to buy was nowhere to be found :( Soooooo, we spend 3 days basically in bed, eating junk food (bought at Sobeys with our StB & MM gift cards) and started our annual binge-movie watching that typically makes up our New Year's Eve. We picked Harry Potter this year, great choice! We had a suite but decided the bed was more comfy, tossed a blanket on it to contain the cheesie dust, dropped chocolate pieces & slopped pop we rarely drink and had a BLAST! When we got home this afternoon, we unpacked, whined at each other about being home, changed into our PJ's, grabbed bowls of cereal and watched the next HP movie :P

I think I'm going to be screwed when I go to chase my Sept BMO 500 miles. On the fb chat yesterday, the lady asked for 3 transactions I made at partners, dates, amounts, etc. When I went to my October statement, I could only tell her one as the statement only went back to Sept. 23! I would have to pay $5.00 to get a copy of the earlier statement. Would you pay the $5.00 to get the statement? I can see in my air miles account for Sept. I did a Lawton's and Sobeys transaction on Sept. 22 and I made a payment to my CC on that date to my MC for those amounts. So frustrating!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter