• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Well looks like I need to drive around the city this evening so I can do the 30L fill up at Shell.

I am hoping I can get three of the four fill-ups for December for another 50 miles as well.

I've tried searching this thread for the answer but am getting frustrated. Perhaps someone on here will have the answer!
Does anyone recall in the past if AM Shops offered a bonus X rewards the week before christmas?! I need to buy a tablet but would like some extra AM's but there are no offers at the moment. I could wait until later this week but then I risk the tablet becoming out of stock. If someone on here knew for sure they did that last year then I will wait!

I've tried searching this thread for the answer but am getting frustrated. Perhaps someone on here will have the answer!
Does anyone recall in the past if AM Shops offered a bonus X rewards the week before christmas?! I need to buy a tablet but would like some extra AM's but there are no offers at the moment. I could wait until later this week but then I risk the tablet becoming out of stock. If someone on here knew for sure they did that last year then I will wait!
Why don't you buy one now, just in case, and then buy it again if the AM deal pops up. Then return the first one.

Unfortunately the last one is usually around Dec 15, sometimes 1 day, sometimes longer. This year was Dec 13 to Dec 16 10x promo so the next one is likely boxing day 10x.

This year:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...-on-page-1596.3442770/page-1599#post-64481746

Last year listed here:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...3-earn-up-to-800-miles.3860105/#post-63535863

Why don't you buy one now, just in case, and then buy it again if the AM deal pops up. Then return the first one.
Hmm, that's an idea! Thanks.
Unfortunately the last one is usually around Dec 15, sometimes 1 day, sometimes longer. This year was Dec 13 to Dec 16 10x promo so the next one is likely boxing day 10x.

This year:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...-on-page-1596.3442770/page-1599#post-64481746

Last year listed here:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...3-earn-up-to-800-miles.3860105/#post-63535863
Thanks for the info. Yes I saw the last 10x promo but my dear sister did not tell me about the tablet until yesterday. Never fails. :sad2:

I think i need to stand in the corner and cover my face in shame -- I didn't get to Shell for the car wash offer, didn't get to Metro on the weekend for the Mastercard threshold spend OR the flyer offer, in fact I actively chose to stay home and leave those miles unearned. Got excited when I saw the 2 offers this morning but still didn't leave the house, too many other things that need to be done and my energy is finite these days. Here's hoping another Shell offer pops up before we head to see Arthur (and his parents :P ) on Christmas day. I'll go to Metro tomorrow to use that offer since I can rarely walk out without spending over $100.

I made 2 last minute gifts for Arthur before I packed up the sewing machine until next year. Crinkly taggy blankets that he should enjoy slobbering on. Look closely at the ribbons and see a few friends
1671488851312.png
I know our son will get a few jabs in about me mixing franchises on this one
1671488922949.png

I used to cross stitch quite a bit, but it was getting more difficult to find nice patterns and I had no one to really make them for.

Now, with the help of Ms. Amazon, I am sure I could find some more modern patterns.

I also used to love doing paint by numbers. I would use toothpicks instead of the brush as it would be more controlled and the paint would be more “puffy”. Again, no one to pass them along to so I stopped. Plus, cats and painting don’t really work lol

This was nice to see drop into the account tonight, even if I'm not sure what they're for?! I think the 2nd one might before linking the Mastercard for the offers? Or perhaps downloading the Shell app? 1st one, hey I'll take it! I've somehow managed to earn just over 2,600 miles this month and I'm not done yet! Total for the year so far is almost 22,000 and I used 8240, the account is sitting at over 40,000 now 😱 I'm glad they've added more security to the sign in process, just need to make it harder to redeem in the stores if you askme!
1671510392221.png
And just in case anyone thinks the surveys are a waste of your time, check THIS one out! I had to do daily entries of any shopping trips I did for a week, took maybe 5 minutes a day
1671510514221.png

My shell miles posted from last night, but the 50 bonus miles for unwrap the app did not. How long should I have to wait to see those come through?

This was nice to see drop into the account tonight, even if I'm not sure what they're for?! I think the 2nd one might before linking the Mastercard for the offers? Or perhaps downloading the Shell app? 1st one, hey I'll take it! I've somehow managed to earn just over 2,600 miles this month and I'm not done yet! Total for the year so far is almost 22,000 and I used 8240, the account is sitting at over 40,000 now 😱 I'm glad they've added more security to the sign in process, just need to make it harder to redeem in the stores if you askme!
View attachment 726387
And just in case anyone thinks the surveys are a waste of your time, check THIS one out! I had to do daily entries of any shopping trips I did for a week, took maybe 5 minutes a day
View attachment 726388
Wow that's awesome! I was surprised I earned around 9000 this year. Once we're back from this Christmas trip I will be more on top of airmiles deals. And PC points. Been too busy with work and courses (I'm too old for this... lol) my AM collecting has fallen to the wayside.

I think i need to stand in the corner and cover my face in shame -- I didn't get to Shell for the car wash offer, didn't get to Metro on the weekend for the Mastercard threshold spend OR the flyer offer, in fact I actively chose to stay home and leave those miles unearned. Got excited when I saw the 2 offers this morning but still didn't leave the house, too many other things that need to be done and my energy is finite these days. Here's hoping another Shell offer pops up before we head to see Arthur (and his parents :P ) on Christmas day. I'll go to Metro tomorrow to use that offer since I can rarely walk out without spending over $100.

I made 2 last minute gifts for Arthur before I packed up the sewing machine until next year. Crinkly taggy blankets that he should enjoy slobbering on. Look closely at the ribbons and see a few friends
View attachment 726340
I know our son will get a few jabs in about me mixing franchises on this one
View attachment 726341
I also chose to take a pass on the offers. For one thing, Monday is my day to work from home so going out requires getting dressed properly. I was dealing with some work issues that took far too much time.....that type of stuff that is just ridiculous and should never have turned into anything. Also, I was trying to figure out if DD and I could go to WDW for a couple of days to use her Maingate pass before she goes back to the ship. I don't think we can....the flight prices are just too high for my liking.

Your little baby toys are so cute! I'm sure he will love them.

Quick question
Starting tomorrow Walmart has their Boxing week sale start.
I am not familiar with what *Open stock means and have tried to google it.
This would be for Corelle Dishes,, page #1 50% off instore.
Can anyone tell me what I should expect from this type of sale?
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10179/1495726?page=1&sourceID=10&position=2
Google please define meaning of open-stock.
Open-stock as a noun means Merchandise kept in stock so as to enable customers to replace or supplement articles, such as dishes, ...

Thanks Mel

Quick question
Starting tomorrow Walmart has their Boxing week sale start.
I am not familiar with what *Open stock means and have tried to google it.
This would be for Corelle Dishes,, page #1 50% off instore.
Can anyone tell me what I should expect from this type of sale?
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10179/1495726?page=1&sourceID=10&position=2
Google please define meaning of open-stock.
Open-stock as a noun means Merchandise kept in stock so as to enable customers to replace or supplement articles, such as dishes, ...

Thanks Mel
I believe it means loose individual pieces as opposed to buying in a set.

So I did the subway offer, and tomorrow I am doing the shoe company offer. So I should earn 100 bonus miles for each cardlinked offer?
I know this was discussed but I don't know what the answer was. Can the Subway offer be two $10 gift cards....purchased the same day but separate transactions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter