Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I've tried searching this thread for the answer but am getting frustrated. Perhaps someone on here will have the answer!
Does anyone recall in the past if AM Shops offered a bonus X rewards the week before christmas?! I need to buy a tablet but would like some extra AM's but there are no offers at the moment. I could wait until later this week but then I risk the tablet becoming out of stock. If someone on here knew for sure they did that last year then I will wait!

There is a 5X on airmilesshop in the Unwrap the App offers today, starts tomorrow. Not sure if that helps but likely the best you'll find until Boxing day.

There is a 5X on airmilesshop in the Unwrap the App offers today, starts tomorrow. Not sure if that helps but likely the best you'll find until Boxing day.
THANK YOU! I looked at the app just after midnight and that wasn't showing yet. My Mastercard linked offer will be an order with Natura Foods and I was just getting ready to place the order. I'm beyond excited to have found this website and if anyone else deals with food allergies or any dietary restrictions like gluten-free, AIP, FODMAP, Paleo or others, you really need to look into the products they carry. They are based out of Toronto, only have an online presence and I'll be easily able to place an order for $100 to meet the terms of the offer. Pasta, cookies, chips, protein bars and more that are made with 💯 safe ingredients, it's like I found the holy grail

Looks like our plans to go see the grandbaby are going to need to be bumped forward a few days, HOLY CRAP! The original plans were to arrive on the 25th and stay till the 28th, no way we're driving in that poop storm!!!!
1671682374342.png

Yep it's going to be a rough few days.
This time I am putting the flashlight beside the door so I know where it is.
I've also designated my middle son to charge up all the devices and battery packs.
Tomorrow morning we are hoping to do a last minute grocery shop.
Stocking up on extra water.
Stay warm & safe everyone.
Happy Holidays
Hugs
Mel 🎄

My parents are no longer coming on the 24th, we'll see them later I guess. And I need to get dog food, was planning to do that tomorrow as I'm off but will be heading to the store this morning so I don't run out. It's the only thing I am low on. Then I will hibernate for a few days I guess.

I follow a guy on social media who is a bee keeper in the Niagara region and people swear this guy is accurate on the weather. It has something to do with bee behaviour. Anyway, he says that yes a storm is coming but it will not at all bee (yes, intentional) what the predictions are saying. So we shall see.

Storm or not, Christmas is pretty much a bust for us. My oldest will be dropping by in the morning but is going to her partners family for dinner. That's totally ok with us, we are not oblivious to the fact that there are other families involved. My mother has decided to have her usual Christmas temper tantrum and had a flip out at me on the phone last night. This has happened more years that I can even count. So she is not coming for diner and says she doesn't want to see or hear from anyone. This always happens when it's to late for us to make plans to go to my brother's or the inlaws. I think it was 2018 we went away for Christmas and it was the best Christmas I've had in the last 10+ years.

@dancin Disney style , have a great quiet time just the two of you. We don't need those who don't want to join in around us at this time.

I have a few things I forgot to get for dinner on the 25th. Will be heading out this morning to get those, then it will be hibernate in the house until this blows over. I hope things clear up a bit for the 25th as my children need to drive here (30-45 mins) for dinner.

Stay safe and warm everyone. Merry Christmas!

I follow a guy on social media who is a bee keeper in the Niagara region and people swear this guy is accurate on the weather. It has something to do with bee behaviour. Anyway, he says that yes a storm is coming but it will not at all bee (yes, intentional) what the predictions are saying. So we shall see.
I have seen him!!! It is amazing what you can learn from insects and animals. We need to start to listen and learn from them instead of what " we think we know better"
Storm or not, Christmas is pretty much a bust for us. My oldest will be dropping by in the morning but is going to her partners family for dinner. That's totally ok with us, we are not oblivious to the fact that there are other families involved. My mother has decided to have her usual Christmas temper tantrum and had a flip out at me on the phone last night. This has happened more years that I can even count. So she is not coming for diner and says she doesn't want to see or hear from anyone. This always happens when it's to late for us to make plans to go to my brother's or the inlaws. I think it was 2018 we went away for Christmas and it was the best Christmas I've had in the last 10+ years.
I am sorry you have (and many others) have to deal with loved acting in horrible ways over holiday season. I hope you are able to carve out some time and have some good memories from this year. Don't let others " blame game" ruin your holidays.

@Donald - my hero I hope your packing up the car as I'm writing this and get on your way before the storm hits!!! Enjoy that little one.

I'm sorry that you had to deal with that (again) from your Mom. Christmas was always hard on my Mom after my dad passed in 1990. I was unbearable when my sister died in 2006. She was never nasty, just very sad and there was very little that could help her through the season. It wasn't just one day, it was the lead up, too. :( Enjoy a quiet day with those around you.

I'm sorry that you had to deal with that (again) from your Mom. Christmas was always hard on my Mom after my dad passed in 1990. I was unbearable when my sister died in 2006. She was never nasty, just very sad and there was very little that could help her through the season. It wasn't just one day, it was the lead up, too. :( Enjoy a quiet day with those around you.
It wasn't always this way. There was a time when there we all got together and enjoyed it. There were often random friends or coworkers that joined us as well. I'm not sure I would go so far as to say that my mom is nasty but she is petty, holds grudges and keeps score.

Postponing the trip to see Arthur meant needing to hit up the grocery store for consolation snaaacks for hubby and food for meals that we didn't think we'd be here for... WOAH, really need to remember not to go shopping when I'm hungry and the texts that kept flying between us led to a cart full of $175 food and toilet paper (the *good* stuff had a bunch of miles attached!) and since it's a day that's included in the Mastercard offer I tossed in a Disney gift card with $350 added to it. Used some cash miles to earn a few more back (use 95 get 25)

It's not possible for us to leave early to beat the storm since they've been shovelling out since the 19th! The flash freeze and the wind are more concerning and I really hope people pay attention to the warnings and stay off the roads! We have electric baseboard heating so I got some big candles in case we need to keep one room warm, the power banks are all charged & phones are charging. I went to the drug store and filled our scripts, got Mocha's food and meds early as well and picked up water for her and us. Grew up in the country and know the drill because a storm meant we could be snowed in for a week until the plow could get to our house!

Looks like our plans to go see the grandbaby are going to need to be bumped forward a few days, HOLY CRAP! The original plans were to arrive on the 25th and stay till the 28th, no way we're driving in that poop storm!!!!
View attachment 726786
We've had a week of temps ranging from -28C to -40C (overnight). Today's high is -23C, and we're slowwwwwwly moving up to a 'high' of -19 tomorrow, but -1C for Christmas Day...

The weather reports I saw at 6:15am (yes I was up that early, I think I have forgotten how to sleep in) said that the weather would start to make the nasty turn between 10-12pm. He said that when it changes from rain to snow is when it's going to get ugly. Well...it started snowing at 8am and within about 15 -20 minutes the wind started to get really strong. Our fence is waving hello...or maybe help.

YYZ has cancelled all flights after 9am. Schools are closed. A lot of businesses are posting that they will shut down at noon. I've even seen a couple of posts from grocery stores saying to check before coming to the store.

So at this point in time I'm not sure that the bee's are going to be right. It seems pretty bad right now.

Oh BTW....I was browsing the group I joined for the cruise week we have. People have started getting their cabin assignments. I checked and we have ours too. We have been upgraded from a 7A to a 4B which is the larger family suite and we are forward. I'm so happy about that! I was thinking about asking at the port if we could upgrade to something with the larger verandah and we ended up getting it. I might still ask to move to a higher deck...I've read that the higher decks are more convenient to most things.

correction....we got 4E which is the oversized verandah but on the lowest deck

Last edited:
The weather reports I saw at 6:15am (yes I was up that early, I think I have forgotten how to sleep in) said that the weather would start to make the nasty turn between 10-12pm. He said that when it changes from rain to snow is when it's going to get ugly. Well...it started snowing at 8am and within about 15 -20 minutes the wind started to get really strong. Our fence is waving hello...or maybe help.

YYZ has cancelled all flights after 9am. Schools are closed. A lot of businesses are posting that they will shut down at noon. I've even seen a couple of posts from grocery stores saying to check before coming to the store.

So at this point in time I'm not sure that the bee's are going to be right. It seems pretty bad right now.

Oh BTW....I was browsing the group I joined for the cruise week we have. People have started getting their cabin assignments. I checked and we have ours too. We have been upgraded from a 7A to a 4B which is the larger family suite and we are forward. I'm so happy about that! I was thinking about asking at the port if we could upgrade to something with the larger verandah and we ended up getting it. I might still ask to move to a higher deck...I've read that the higher decks are more convenient to most things.

correction....we got 4E which is the oversized verandah but on the lowest deck
We had rain all morning with a temp of 4 degrees so we took a quick drive to Canadian Tire with a quick drive over our new bridge to do a drop off at sons house. We were fine on the drive over however on the way back, about 45 minutes ago, the temp quickly dropped and the snow started. Right now we have about a quarter inch of new snow and the wind is really blowing as well. This weather can certainly turn on a dime.

We were once upgraded to a cabin at the very back of the ship. HUGE balcony and great view. Not sure what category it was but it was similar to a handy-cap cabin. Very large. Loved it so much! The only problem with it was in the morning it would be covered in black soot. The room steward always cleaned it up but it was horrible stuff.

Since the bee guy and his bees are in Niagara I would say they were dead wrong. Everything is covered in ice , the bridges into the US have been closed and the US side has put out a driving ban. The wind gusts are pushing cars off the road and accidents everywhere.

In the London area 402/401 highways are now closed. There is a 100+ car accident. There are accidents involving emergency vehicles also.

Since the bee guy and his bees are in Niagara I would say they were dead wrong. Everything is covered in ice , the bridges into the US have been closed and the US side has put out a driving ban. The wind gusts are pushing cars off the road and accidents everywhere.

In the London area 402/401 highways are now closed. There is a 100+ car accident. There are accidents involving emergency vehicles also.
The bees were drinking their feremnted nectar early for christmas..dont blame them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter