Airmiles MEGA MILES ****Bonus miles are posting now*** Timeline added to 1st post

Just curious, for those who've bought multiple Sobeys GCs, are you planning to use them for groceries, or to buy other gift cards later?

I rarely shop at Sobeys, it's about a 20 min drive away, and they don't price match. I'm so tempted to get at least one $150 GC this time for the megamiles.

I used both NS offers for Children's place today.
bought the three graphic tees for 20 bonus miles. The cashier input the code and it appears on my receipt.
Then I bought over $50.00 and I asked the cashier if she needed the coupon for the bonus miles. She told me no, that one is automatic. Foolishly I didn't ask any further questions. I get home, look at my receipt and see she scanned my airmiles card but there is no coupon code on the receipt. Does this mean that the second offer didn't get used? or could it be automatic but I won't see it until it posts to my account (which I think says could be up to 6 weeks)?

AUUGGHHHH! I realize only one for Children's place will count towards my mega miles deal but since I used both (one as a back up) I'd like to get at least the normal bonus miles.

TIA!

Just curious, for those who've bought multiple Sobeys GCs, are you planning to use them for groceries, or to buy other gift cards later?

I rarely shop at Sobeys, it's about a 20 min drive away, and they don't price match. I'm so tempted to get at least one $150 GC this time for the megamiles.
this offer must only be in other provinces? I don't have this one available in NS.

For the Sobeys giftcards, do we get 300 miles for using the coupon? We are allowed to use it 4 times, right? I got 300 Miles each but was allowed to only use it three times maximum. I wonder whether I should try to get one more tomorrow. I didn’t print extra coupons for situation like this.

I bought a $150 GC today, gave her my coupon and my receipt only shows the 150 AM. Does your receipt show the 300 AM?

The Hudson Bay Reward website is the worst reward website! I couldn’t check if I am still enrolled in the auto-convert to Airmiles program. If I am not, I cannot use the MM coupon. I believe either I have to call or complete the enrolment form again. I don’t believe I can get the AM again for doing it the second time. They don’t ask for password when accessing my account. This is not good at all! I saw I last redeem points a year ago, but I cannot find out if it’s an auto-convert transaction. Very helpless!
I used to be an HBC member when we had Zellers. I don't as a rule shop at The Bay, and do not get emails (probably unsubscribed-or marked as spam- years ago). I called today, and I had 2 accounts-she even asked me about my address before this one (we've been here since 1989). She amalgamated the two cards-I have 290 points apparently-and ordered a new card for me. She gave me the number, so late in the promotion, I'll see if I can have the points go to airmiles.

Is the HBC to airmiles a regular promotion? If I don't need it, I might save it for the next Mega Miles event.

I used to be an HBC member when we had Zellers. I don't as a rule shop at The Bay, and do not get emails (probably unsubscribed-or marked as spam- years ago). I called today, and I had 2 accounts-she even asked me about my address before this one (we've been here since 1989). She amalgamated the two cards-I have 290 points apparently-and ordered a new card for me. She gave me the number, so late in the promotion, I'll see if I can have the points go to airmiles.

Is the HBC to airmiles a regular promotion? If I don't need it, I might save it for the next Mega Miles event.
I am not sure if it is a regular offer, but I vaguely remember there was a similar offer either for Mega Miles or Shop The Block a year or so ago. Probably the Duck is able to answer this when she is back from her MM hunting later today.

Could people also post which province they are in when they get the 300AM for the $150 gift card at Sobeys? Also, was it early in the day when you purchased them? Trying to decide if I should get more than one gift card, lol.

I bought a $150 GC today, gave her my coupon and my receipt only shows the 150 AM. Does your receipt show the 300 AM?
I purchased them in Thornhill, Ontario around 2:30 pm today. I bought 3 gift cards each at $150. I was told to ring as 3 separate transactions using the coupon each time. I asked to get one more after seeing it’s 300 AM each, but was told I could only use it three times even though the coupon stated 4 bonus offers max. I would go out and try to get one more after dinner for DD to use in London.

I bought 1 gift card and got 300 miles and my receipt shows the plu 31. Bonus I will have to go back and get more for that kind of deal. Bought in Ajax, Ontario at 3:30pm

Sorry i didn't add the flyer rundown in here as well as the weekly thread to clear up this confusion gang! Gift card promo is in Ontario and it appears that people are getting double miles -- 1 from the flyer and 1 from the MM coupon. Sobeys system across the province was having trouble today and is gradually working again . I bought 1 $75.00 gift card from the Urban Fresh on Queens Quay at 3:45 and got 150 AM .. 2 separate lines that say buy 75 get 75 AND the PLU code for the coupon. Just home from a very long day in the city so i won't get a chance to double check this thread till later, keep helping each other out :worship:

I'm going back to Urban Fresh tomorrow morning to see if they can manually adjust my purchases from today. Worst case I'm OK with 75AM per card but I'm worried that the PLU code won't post properly and one of the GC I just ran through as a store purchase (no coupon) so I want 75AM for that one.

So I just bought two 150 gift cards here in Ontario. They ran them through in one transaction and I only got 150 AM total. Had to go to guest services and they just gave me another 150 points.

Edited to add that my daughter just went and purchased one and only got 150AM. Sounds like the glitch has been unglitched.

Last edited:
I purchased them in Thornhill, Ontario around 2:30 pm today. I bought 3 gift cards each at $150. I was told to ring as 3 separate transactions using the coupon each time. I asked to get one more after seeing it’s 300 AM each, but was told I could only use it three times even though the coupon stated 4 bonus offers max. I would go out and try to get one more after dinner for DD to use in London.
I went again to use the coupon the fourth time but only 150AM are showing on the receipt. So, it only worked three times for me. Hope it works the fourth time for the others!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter