Airmiles MEGA MILES ****Bonus miles are posting now*** Timeline added to 1st post

HBC conversion to Air Miles also not working....not off to a great start! It simply says 'the information provided cannot be processed'

My friend came out shopping with me this morning and also spent $80 at Staples. She used her Air Miles Mega Miles coupon. THEN later, she said she had to go back and make a second purchase. Since she knew I presented my husband's air miles card on my purchase, she took MY air miles card and presented it with the AM MM coupon on her purchase. Yayyy!! So nice.

My husband is getting gas at Shell tonight using his card. 3 different retailer purchases on his card and 1 (without my spending a single penny!) on my card done today.

I was just about to mention the Staples ink sale. Our store had 10%off your order for International Woman's day and they were giving it to the men too.

Just went to staples to use my coupon but they had a special 10% off for International Women's day so she said I couldn't get both so I took the 10% off as it was a better savings.

Oh, yes. I totally forgot about that. Our Staples had that as well. They were combining the 25% off the printer ink & 10% for International Woman's Day, but when I asked them to scan the Air Miles coupon the Cashier told me she could put the Air Miles coupon code in OR the 10% off - not both. I opted for the Air Miles coupon. :) I figured 25% off ink was a great deal anyways and my 2 inks put me just over $80 before tax. I wanted the coupon to count towards my husband's 1 of 5 mega miles instead of the extra 10% off.

It looks as though I can get 4, maybe 5 this time. We are heading to Mexico next week so my mind is really not in the AM game, I will have to get cracking on it when we get back.

Have a nice time! Enjoy!

I was just looking at the offers on the Quebec site and there is one there for signing up for an IGA account get 10AM and it is a coupon used. Sobeys owns IGA in Quebec so I'm wondering if this would count as a separate sponsor or would I not have to use the Sobeys one. Cross provincial boundries, I'm not sure this will work but it seemed like and easy one to do. Can we do offers from different provinces? I can shop at an IGA, they are just across the river.

edit: So I did an online chat and we are able to do offers across provincial borders (knew that one) and the IGA sign up (in Quebec) and Sobeys (in Ontario) will count as two sponsors. Think! you have a cottage in Quebec:ssst:

Yes it works! In Quebec only Sobeys stores (IGA, Rachelle-Béry and Marchés Traditions) offer airmiles. Metro has it's own point system. The three banners also count as separate partners. If you register online to their website and then go shopping at IGA or IGA express, it will only count as 1 merchant (btw if there's a IGA Express in Gatineau, it's a very easy one to do since it's only 15$). Also, online you can print a coupon for Nickels restaurants and kids eat for free on Sundays so that will be another easy offer for me!

Staples, you can do it online. Enter the coupon number in the coupon code field and it pops up as megamiles, you can check it by clicking on the add/edit coupons field and it will popup something like this:

View attachment 307642

I never saw the coupon field!!! Maybe because I used the French version?!? Anyway, I went to a store this afternoon and did my ink purchase there.

So far I have 3 offers on my card (Children Place, IGA Express and Staples) and 2 offers on DH's card (Les Marchés Traditions and Shell). Hubby will do his first survey tonight and I will register him to the IGA website so my tonight he should have 4 offers already.

So far, I saw the bonus miles appear on my receipt for Shell, IGA Express and Les Marchés Traditions. Staples has a coupon code on the receipt but no bonus AM appears.

Here's my update for my attempts to get some actual coupon booklets when i was in Toronto bright & early today ... There was a transport truck stalled on the side of Gardiner (for those who don't know the TO area think main *expressway* into the downtown core that is in a cement tunnel essentially, no shoulders, very few exits -- things like this lead to it being call the Gardiner Parking Lot) meaning i was later than usual but determined to hit up Rexall, Urban Fresh & Metro so i could compare booklets , here's what happened!

Stopped in the first Rexall and they had no booklets out yet "I could go look " uhm no I'm running late"

Charge up Yonge street and stop in Metro asked for the booklet, that resulted in an over the shoulder wave "over there somewhere, help yourself" so I snagged 2.

Sobeys Urban Fresh "no we don't do that here" while leaning on the big sign that says "earn MegaMiles here" I asked again and mentioned that the promo starts today "those get mailed but we don't give out Airmiles, never have" (the gazzillion chocolate bars that came into this house would prove that wrong!) Okie dokie nevermind!

Across to THAT Rexall and their answer "that doesn't start till April " uhm no it starts today" With a very loud sigh paged the manager who brought the box muttering about being on her coffee break hands me one and says "these are for customers only" uhm ok then
1f61c.png

Finished up at the hospital and popped back into the first Rexall and the cashier saw me enter the store, stopped dead in her tracks and muttered (a tad too loudly) "AWW Crap i forgot AGAIN" (cleaned that one word up a bit to avoid a TOS) came back and gave me about 5!

*Side note, i did manage to get over 12,000 steps in
tenor.gif

So much for the 3rd store completed on hubby's Air Miles card. He walked in the door, handed me the gas receipt and announced he forgot to give Shell the coupon when he paid... (sigh)

I wonder if I drive over and ask nicely if they would refund and ring up the gas again? :rolleyes1

Ok Ok
I have calmed down--I must remember not everyone is an airmile megamile shopper BUT
Tonight at Sobeys (Mississauga)
Me:WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HAVE NO AIRMILE MEGA MILE BOOKLETS!!!
(note : At this point my middle son (the quiet reserved one) grabs the cart and dashes off to another cashier.
Me: Get me a manager NOW!
So I had my little 2 year old temper tantrum with the supervisor and manager and then I apologised.:o:o:o
I brought up the airmiles mega site on my phone and had the head cashier scan the barcode
I did the OTC offer. x 2--doing two cards this time around.
scanned ok,,,,,,,, apologised to my son who actually just laughed at me.
How can they run a megamiles promotion with signs and flyers hanging everywhere and have no coupon booklets?

On a positive note I did a shop at Foodland today and they had already torn out a pile of coupons ready for shoppers to use.
And they have stacks of the coupon booklets.
And some of their food prices were reasonable.

My shop at the LCBO went well with the miles posting on the receipt and the decorative canister the Port came in was a nice added bonus.
Bought two of these
Buy one Ferreira Dona Antonia Tawny Reserve Port 750mL #157586, get 10 Miles
They checked the code to make sure it was one of the airmiles mega miles promos for me also.

Anyone hear what Metro's promo is.?

Hugs Mel

Last edited:

So I sweetly asked my husband if he would mind going to Foodland and LCBO on his way home from work tomorrow. And then said “Oh.. and don’t forget you have to shop at Shell too.”

He asked me if there were any divorce attorneys that give airmiles. :rotfl2:

Ok now don't laugh but I filed for a divorce last week,,this is a good thing and I've waited 20 years to do it.
Sooooooooooooo........................... I asked them (lawyer) can I use my Westjet Mastercard as a form of payment and they said YES!
Got to get those points and companion flights somehow.:dogdance:
Hugs Mel

it's been a long day and I have read all the posts but brain is tired, is the concenus that if we buy 4 sobeys gift cards we can get 600 am but it only counts once for the mega miles?

Hi Hon
Yep it will only count as one (1) megamile Sponsor/Partner,(you need 5 different partner/Sponsors to qualify for the 1,250 airmiles) ,but yes you will get 600 airmiles by buying 4 $150.00 Gift cards.
Hugs Mel

Ok now don't laugh but I filed for a divorce last week,,this is a good thing and I've waited 20 years to do it.
Sooooooooooooo........................... I asked them (lawyer) can I use my Westjet Mastercard as a form of payment and they said YES!
Hugs Mel
No laughing here! I hope you get enough for a flight somewhere wonderful!!

it's been a long day and I have read all the posts but brain is tired, is the concenus that if we buy 4 sobeys gift cards we can get 600 am but it only counts once for the mega miles?

Just remember there's only 3 days you can actually buy the gift cards! I forgot which at the moment..

Just in case anyone is wondering... Sobey's and Sobey's Pharmacy are counted as ONE not two shopping partners. Below is copied from Facebook:

Madonna Leah
Is sobeys pharmacy and sobeys two partners?
Manage

· Reply · 5h

AIR MILES Canada
Hi Madonna, Sobeys Pharmacy and Sobeys are considered as one partner for the Mega Miles promotion. You will have to visit 3 or 5 different Partners and use applicable coupons to qualify for this promotion. We hope this will help you take advantage of this promotion successfully!
Manage

· Reply · 5h

Dena Thomas
Just wondering will Needs be a separate partner from Sobeys and Sobeys pharmacy??
Manage

· Reply · 4h

AIR MILES Canada
Dena Thomas Hi Dena, Needs and Sobeys will count as 2 different Partners. Using both will provide 2 of your 5 Partner offers.
Sobeys and Sobeys Pharmacy will count as the same Partner so using both will only be 1 Partner. Hope that helps!
Manage

· Reply · 3h · Edited

Dena Thomas
Thanks
Manage

· Reply · 3h

AIR MILES Canada
Dena Thomas You are very welcome Dena!

I'm really confused about earning 600 AM on Sobeys gift cards? Where is everyone seeing this? Is it in a particular province?

its in the offers for Sobeys. Both Sobeys around here - Kanata and Stittsville - neither have received the booklets and neither will honour the coupons until they get their own in the mail. The Kanata staff had no idea what I was talking about - clearly Sobeys has not bothered to communicate to their own staff. Hopefully they get this sorted out soon

Staples, you can do it online. Enter the coupon number in the coupon code field and it pops up as megamiles, you can check it by clicking on the add/edit coupons field and it will popup something like this:

View attachment 307642
Perfect! My sisters and I are getting my mom a shredder for Mother's Day, and I'm at a loss of time to shop. Thank you.

Here's my update for my attempts to get some actual coupon booklets when i was in Toronto bright & early today ... There was a transport truck stalled on the side of Gardiner (for those who don't know the TO area think main *expressway* into the downtown core that is in a cement tunnel essentially, no shoulders, very few exits -- things like this lead to it being call the Gardiner Parking Lot) meaning i was later than usual but determined to hit up Rexall, Urban Fresh & Metro so i could compare booklets , here's what happened!

Stopped in the first Rexall and they had no booklets out yet "I could go look " uhm no I'm running late"

Charge up Yonge street and stop in Metro asked for the booklet, that resulted in an over the shoulder wave "over there somewhere, help yourself" so I snagged 2.

Sobeys Urban Fresh "no we don't do that here" while leaning on the big sign that says "earn MegaMiles here" I asked again and mentioned that the promo starts today "those get mailed but we don't give out Airmiles, never have" (the gazzillion chocolate bars that came into this house would prove that wrong!) Okie dokie nevermind!

Across to THAT Rexall and their answer "that doesn't start till April " uhm no it starts today" With a very loud sigh paged the manager who brought the box muttering about being on her coffee break hands me one and says "these are for customers only" uhm ok then
1f61c.png

Finished up at the hospital and popped back into the first Rexall and the cashier saw me enter the store, stopped dead in her tracks and muttered (a tad too loudly) "AWW Crap i forgot AGAIN" (cleaned that one word up a bit to avoid a TOS) came back and gave me about 5!

*Side note, i did manage to get over 12,000 steps in
tenor.gif
Yeah for the steps! And so glad you have a sense of humour over the senseless things that have happened.

Hugs Mel
Congratulations on all points!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter