Airmiles MEGA MILES ****Bonus miles are posting now*** Timeline added to 1st post

I just placed my Staples order, using the Mega Miles coupon code online. I was excited because 1) my sister suggested this for Mother's Day 2) the shredder was $2 cheaper than the ad I had in my hand 3) it counts for Mega Miles and 4) It include 50 bonus miles + the mega miles 10x base points. 1 Mega Miles partner done. Colour me happy. :banana:

Just a heads up on the Sobeys Pharmacy - the stittsville store says you must have one single product that costs $10 in your order. This seems to match the front of the coupon, but the small details say 'total spend'. They also refused the paper coupons I printed out and insisted they must be the glossy ones from their customer service.

The CSR must have been misinformed. I literally just came from Sobeys and purchased 2 Aleve and 1 travel Tylenol to make up the $10 and the coupon worked completely fine and showed up on my receipt properly.

Also, I absolutely used a printed off coupon in black and white. The cashier just asked, "Oh, is this is Airmiles coupon?" and I said yes and she put it through.

EDIT: I should add, finished up my 5 today with some running around town. This has been the easiest Airmiles promo for me so far. Good luck and happy hunting to everyone else. :)

Last edited:
Last time I tried to use Sobeys’ gift card at Sobeys Urban Fresh, I was told that it couldn’t be used there. I have checked and Sobeys Urban Fresh doesn’t seem to have its own gift cards. There is one Mega Miles coupon “buy $75 Sobeys gift card and get 75 AM”. Does it mean I can buy this from Sobeys Urban Fresh but I cannot use it there? I wonder whether I should get one or two gift cards from Sobeys Urban Fresh instead of getting the gift cards solely from Sobeys. This way I can have two coupons done!

Ok Ok
I have calmed down--I must remember not everyone is an airmile megamile shopper BUT
Tonight at Sobeys (Mississauga)
Me:WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HAVE NO AIRMILE MEGA MILE BOOKLETS!!!
(note : At this point my middle son (the quiet reserved one) grabs the cart and dashes off to another cashier.
Me: Get me a manager NOW!
So I had my little 2 year old temper tantrum with the supervisor and manager and then I apologised.:o:o:o
I brought up the airmiles mega site on my phone and had the head cashier scan the barcode
I did the OTC offer. x 2--doing two cards this time around.
scanned ok,,,,,,,, apologised to my son who actually just laughed at me.
How can they run a megamiles promotion with signs and flyers hanging everywhere and have no coupon booklets?

On a positive note I did a shop at Foodland today and they had already torn out a pile of coupons ready for shoppers to use.
And they have stacks of the coupon booklets.
And some of their food prices were reasonable.

My shop at the LCBO went well with the miles posting on the receipt and the decorative canister the Port came in was a nice added bonus.
Bought two of these
Buy one Ferreira Dona Antonia Tawny Reserve Port 750mL #157586, get 10 Miles
They checked the code to make sure it was one of the airmiles mega miles promos for me also.

Anyone hear what Metro's promo is.?

Hugs Mel

I really feel bad for all of the people who face the brunt of your wrath on what seems like a more than regular basis over Airmiles. I personally find the constant complaining and venting on here quite tiresome.

Last time I tried to use Sobeys’ gift card at Sobeys Urban Fresh, I was told that it couldn’t be used there. I have checked and Sobeys Urban Fresh doesn’t seem to have its own gift cards. There is one Mega Miles coupon “buy $75 Sobeys gift card and get 75 AM”. Does it mean I can buy this from Sobeys Urban Fresh but I cannot use it there? I wonder whether I should get one or two gift cards from Sobeys Urban Fresh instead of getting the gift cards solely from Sobeys. This way I can have two coupons done!

Last time I had this issue with FreshCo, I called and confirmed with Sobeys customer service help line. I will try and call to get the point clarified tomorrow. The fine print on their website says that the Sobeys GC is honoured at all Sobeys... stores. Sobeys Urban Fresh should fall under the Sobeys banner although it may not. I think I've used a Sobeys card at the one near me before but I can't be 100% certain.

Sobeys Gift Cards make giving the perfect gift simple and effortless. They make ideal gifts for friends and family who love to entertain, or just love discovering good food and good food ideas. Sobeys Gift Cards are available in $25, $50 and $100 denominations. Or you can custom load a card with any dollar value from $5 to $250. Gift Cards are redeemable at all Sobeys, IGA, Garden Market IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods and Price Chopper locations across Canada. (Please note, these gift cards are not accepted at Marketplace IGA locations in B.C.)

I'm just reading an article about the opening of the Sobeys Urban Market in Ottawa and it appears to be a Sobeys brand and should take the Sobeys GC. Will confirm tomorrow.

Last edited:
I really feel bad for all of the people who face the brunt of your wrath on what seems like a more than regular basis over Airmiles. I personally find the constant complaining and venting on here quite tiresome.

I'm sorry you find us tiresome. This is our safe place to come and vent with other like minded individuals who understand the frustrations we all face from time to time. We have lots of positive insightful tips to add as well. You have to take the good with the bad.

Last time I had this issue with FreshCo, I called and confirmed with Sobeys customer service help line. I will try and call to get the point clarified tomorrow. The fine print on their website says that the Sobeys GC is honoured at all Sobeys... stores. Sobeys Urban Fresh should fall under the Sobeys banner although it may not. I think I've used a Sobeys card at the one near me before but I can't be 100% certain.

Sobeys Gift Cards make giving the perfect gift simple and effortless. They make ideal gifts for friends and family who love to entertain, or just love discovering good food and good food ideas. Sobeys Gift Cards are available in $25, $50 and $100 denominations. Or you can custom load a card with any dollar value from $5 to $250. Gift Cards are redeemable at all Sobeys, IGA, Garden Market IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods and Price Chopper locations across Canada. (Please note, these gift cards are not accepted at Marketplace IGA locations in B.C.)

I'm just reading an article about the opening of the Sobeys Urban Market in Ottawa and it appears to be a Sobeys brand and should take the Sobeys GC. Will confirm tomorrow.
Thanks! Really appreciate it!!

Ok Ok
I have calmed down--I must remember not everyone is an airmile megamile shopper BUT
Tonight at Sobeys (Mississauga)
Me:WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HAVE NO AIRMILE MEGA MILE BOOKLETS!!!
(note : At this point my middle son (the quiet reserved one) grabs the cart and dashes off to another cashier.
Me: Get me a manager NOW!
So I had my little 2 year old temper tantrum with the supervisor and manager and then I apologised.:o:o:o
I brought up the airmiles mega site on my phone and had the head cashier scan the barcode
I did the OTC offer. x 2--doing two cards this time around.
scanned ok,,,,,,,, apologised to my son who actually just laughed at me.
How can they run a megamiles promotion with signs and flyers hanging everywhere and have no coupon booklets?

On a positive note I did a shop at Foodland today and they had already torn out a pile of coupons ready for shoppers to use.
And they have stacks of the coupon booklets.
And some of their food prices were reasonable.

My shop at the LCBO went well with the miles posting on the receipt and the decorative canister the Port came in was a nice added bonus.
Bought two of these
Buy one Ferreira Dona Antonia Tawny Reserve Port 750mL #157586, get 10 Miles
They checked the code to make sure it was one of the airmiles mega miles promos for me also.

Anyone hear what Metro's promo is.?

Hugs Mel

I’m wondering if the LC in Manitoba is like the LCBO in Ontario in terms of receipts-any Manitoba people here who may know? I did two separate transactions today (my card and my husbands) and the cashier scanned the coupons, but nowhere on the receipt does it say anything about miles. Just shows the airmiles number...

I was looking at the offers for other provinces and I have to admit to being SUPER jealous at all the liquor offers you guys are getting! :drinking1

I am just too sensitive,,yes your post upset me and made me cry....
I am sorry my posts upset you and you have a right to share how you feel,,
BUT so do I and I will continue to do so.

Mel

Last edited:
I'm sorry you find us tiresome. This is our safe place to come and vent with other like minded individuals who understand the frustrations we all face from time to time. We have lots of positive insightful tips to add as well. You have to take the good with the bad.

And not only that, it serves as a heads up to others who may face the same situation. How many people have been cheated out of their Air Miles only to not bother with going after them? People on this board show that it is important to go after what you are owed and give great advice on how get resolution.

Last edited:

Have they even tried to see if the cash will accept the Sobeys GC? I’m in Mtl where there’s no Sobeys or Foodland and I was able to use my Foodland GC at my local IGA. The cashier didn’t know what Foodland was but I told her to try to see if her cash will accept it since it’s owned but Sobeys like IGA and it went thru with no issue.

Ouch. That's a bit extreme. Maybe this is not the thread for you.

I appreciate hearing from different venues on what issues I may run into and how I can avoid them. I certainly don't look at it as constant complaining and venting. Thanks everyone for sharing. :)

Mel
Mel, I enjoy reading your hunting adventures! It’s amusing sometimes and I don’t find anything negative about reading them. You always write in a humourous way and once I read about your second son turned away (I could actually visualize it), I started laughing aloud. Please continue with what you have been doing, venting or no!
:flower3:

So I am in NS and a heads up to others: I (like others) was also planning on using the Staples coupon in the booklet for ink... well to my surprise the "coupon" in the booklet shows the Staples logo and then says "Visit airmiles.ca/megamiles to get Staples Bonus Miles offers". Sigh. Luckily I am not OUT of ink and just low, but seriously?

Also I'm jealous of all the other provinces' Sobeys offers. We have the pharmacy one here, so that's good. But our big one? It's spend $150 or more and get 95 AM (only valid Mar. 22-28 and limited to 1 offer per collector account). Not on gift cards like other places, but just spending in the store. My husband works at Sobeys so he buys what we need daily, I hardly ever go in and spend $150 at once, plus our GC stock was low and I was hoping to collect a few points on buying more soon!

Will make do with what offers we have though. Happy Hunting.

The CSR must have been misinformed. I literally just came from Sobeys and purchased 2 Aleve and 1 travel Tylenol to make up the $10 and the coupon worked completely fine and showed up on my receipt properly.

Ditto. Bought two items and receipt clearly says Air Miles Mega Miles Promotion, 20 miles.

On another note, I was trying all day to play a children's place order online and it wouldn't go through. By the time the system errors were resolved, half of my items in my basket were gone/sold out. Grrr.

I activated my 20 Mastercard transactions and my 4 Irving gas transactions, plus that Sobeys one.

Mel

Can you imagine how boring this thread would be if all that happened was we posted how many points we got? Variety is the spice of life! Please continue to post as you had been....this is a discussion board, after all, not a glowing reports board. Up until this point, it had been wonderfully civil and hopefully it will remain so.

Mel

I'm like the other regulars on this thread and love your posts and input Mel! Yes there's negativity sometimes on this thread and can be from anyone but never against someone else as it should be! This is a public forum, everyone is free to read or not the threads. I don't like drama and people shaming and I think this thread is so not that!

Mel

I must admit I thought your initial reaction was a bit extreme. They just didn't have booklets, it's not like they were trying to scam you out of any points or anything and yelling at a CSR for such a thing is really out of line (my sister works in retail and I feel so badly for her sometimes). BUT then you advise you apologized for your reaction (hopefully not just to the manager but to the initial CSR as well) which means you realized you overreacted and attempted to fix your mistake which redeems you. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter