Airmiles Shop the Block 2018 - BONUS MILES POSTING NOW

Airmilesshops has posted on my DD's account but not mine so far. All is good....DD's account NEEDED that one, I'm fine because I've done 9. Only thing is, that it posted to cash miles again. So I think the theory that miles will post to your account with the setting on the day it posts is totally wrong. Everything has been posting to her account under the settings that applied the day of purchase.

Awesome to see the Airmilesshops posting though for everyone....even though I haven't posted much during STB I read the boards pretty religiously and I could feel the stress, anxiety and uncertainty through all of your posts! :)

Grrrrr, just checked my Metro receipts from yesterday. One has the 50 on it, one doesn't. And of course it's the account that I only had enough AM for the one cash transaction. If I go back to the store, can they do anything? I really don't have the funds to add another store for my 7th...

oddly I did Metro on 2 cards and both receipts are correct. But one posted and the other didn't. I did transactions at same cashier same store within 5 min of each other!

Airmilesshops has posted on my DD's account but not mine so far. All is good....DD's account NEEDED that one, I'm fine because I've done 9. Only thing is, that it posted to cash miles again. So I think the theory that miles will post to your account with the setting on the day it posts is totally wrong. Everything has been posting to her account under the settings that applied the day of purchase.

That's actually how the miles are supposed to post, based on your setting the day of the transaction. The only time they post differently is for big promos or extra bonuses like the mastercard promotion, for those they post according to your setting at that moment. That's why it's important to be sure to have it switched before we expect these miles to show up.

Grrrrr, just checked my Metro receipts from yesterday. One has the 50 on it, one doesn't. And of course it's the account that I only had enough AM for the one cash transaction. If I go back to the store, can they do anything? I really don't have the funds to add another store for my 7th...

I could do Shell for you if you have not done it already

Unfortunately I don't think this is something they can fix, I'm not even sure if it would work even if you could get a sympathetic person willing to 'make it right ' It's worth a try, maybe start an online chat to see if someone from airmiles would know.

I'm sooo sorry this happened to you and paranoid it will happen to my card that only has 99 cash miles
:crazy2:

I got my 3 (ha ha ha) AM for my well.ca airmileshop however no sign of the bonus 50 for the STB. Hopefully they appear at some point. I was well over the $100. Actually I would have thought I earned more than just 3 AM for that shop online. They only gave me 3 which is $60 worth and I spent $130, everything shipped at once... how annoying! Gah I hate using that site for online shopping.

That's actually how the miles are supposed to post, based on your setting the day of the transaction. The only time they post differently is for big promos or extra bonuses like the mastercard promotion, for those they post according to your setting at that moment. That's why it's important to be sure to have it switched before we expect these miles to show up.
Somehow I thought it was the other way around. It’s really never been a thing for me as I’ve always been 100% dream. This only came into play when I set up DD’s account last year.

I really hope that no one is giving cashiers a hard time just for doing their job. If an item goes on sale, that's not the cashier's fault. Definitely ask for a manager to override it or tack on the extra 2 bucks, but please please don't make the cashier out to be the bad guy.

Signed,
A former cashier who remembers all too well.

I think we were mostly talking about when cashiers refuse to input codes or scan coupons. For sure its not normal to want to pay full price for an item instead of a sale price! :)

I think we were mostly talking about when cashiers refuse to input codes or scan coupons. For sure its not normal to want to pay full price for an item instead of a sale price! :)
I've been lucky, especially at Rexall and Thrifty's (Sobey's) many of the cashiers HAVE the coupons at the till and will scan the before I can hand them my copy or phone.

I really hope that no one is giving cashiers a hard time just for doing their job. If an item goes on sale, that's not the cashier's fault. Definitely ask for a manager to override it or tack on the extra 2 bucks, but please please don't make the cashier out to be the bad guy.

Signed,
A former cashier who remembers all too well.

No worries there. I feel that I was firm but polite. I knew there were going to be issues so I took the cake straight to Customer Service. I told her I ordered it from the Fresh2GoMetro catering website (handed her my printed order form) and that I was sure there would be a problem with the price. Sure enough, the cake wanted to ring in at $23.99 instead of $25.99. I explained that I needed the price I was quoted/confirmed on my order in order to use the coupon and qualify for the STB promo.

Sigh. The lady tried to ring up an Air Miles rain check for 50 miles. I had to explain that no, that would not work. It's not just about the 50 miles but the 2,000 miles this last coupon will provide. The Air Miles system will not recognize a rain check air miles as the catering miles. I explained I needed her to override the sale price and ring in the price quoted, then use the coupon code on the back. When she insisted she could not, I asked her by all means, please call a Manager, because I know it can be done and I need it done correctly before I pay for the cake in order to complete the Shop The Block promo.

She cancelled everything and just rang it in correctly as a $25 bakery item. Typed in the promo code and the 50 miles came up with no further prompting.

I realize not all Cashiers are going to know all promotions and how to do them correctly. I just wish when presented with something they do not know, they call another employee or Manager who does know and can explain or fix things.

I completed a Foodland, LCBO and Metro catering for a couple of people. I'm afraid the only other offer I can complete at this point is a gas Shell. I figure it's highly unlikely anyone needs this but if you do, feel free to send me a PM. Between two cars I'm fairly certain I can get another 25L into one of them before the deadline.

I completed a Foodland, LCBO and Metro catering for a couple of people. I'm afraid the only other offer I can complete at this point is a gas Shell. I figure it's highly unlikely anyone needs this but if you do, feel free to send me a PM. Between two cars I'm fairly certain I can get another 25L into one of them before the deadline.
Or even just buying $10 worth of stuff in the store. Lottery tickets if you buy them.

Question please...a while back there was some talk about Children's place coupon. I am placing an order online. Can I make a purchase for $50 and it still count as a coupon for Shop the Block promo? Other than entering my airmiles #, is there anything else I need to do? It appears no code is required. Is that correct? Thanks all!!

Question please...a while back there was some talk about Children's place coupon. I am placing an order online. Can I make a purchase for $50 and it still count as a coupon for Shop the Block promo? Other than entering my airmiles #, is there anything else I need to do? It appears no code is required. Is that correct? Thanks all!!
Children's Place doesn't usually require a coupon code for the bonus Airmiles, I've never used one online and always get the bonus. Just make sure you put your number and it should post within a week or so. They are usually pretty quick.

Children's Place doesn't usually require a coupon code for the bonus Airmiles, I've never used one online and always get the bonus. Just make sure you put your number and it should post within a week or so. They are usually pretty quick.
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter