Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information Superthread (READ FIRST POST FOR OVERVIEW!)

Hi,
As part of a larger California trip we are ending our vacation with 3 days at Disneyland. We will have a rental car upon arrival and I am debating whether to turn the car in our first day (in Anaheim) or return it to LAX at the end of our trip.

We do not plan to venture from the immediate area once we arrive so we won't need the car. I currently have a rental car for both scenarios and I wasn't sure which would be easier for us.

Our return flight to the east coast is at 615am on a Sunday. Would we have trouble getting a lyft or other transportation at that early hour?

First time visiting Disneyland so thought I'd ask the experts.

Thanks!
Ashley

You shouldn't have an issue getting a ride to the airport that early. I don't see any reason to pay for the car if it is just going to sit there. I am not sure where you are staying but some hotels charge a nightly fee for parking your car also.

You shouldn't have an issue getting a ride to the airport that early. I don't see any reason to pay for the car if it is just going to sit there. I am not sure where you are staying but some hotels charge a nightly fee for parking your car also.

Thanks for the input. We figured the lyft/parking would cancel each other out.

We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel.

The only issue is at the moment it costs MORE to ditch the car earlier than to hold on to it and return it to LAX. We are trying to decide if we want to pay more to not have to deal with a rental car return so early on that day we fly home.

Thanks for the input. We figured the lyft/parking would cancel each other out.

We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel.

The only issue is at the moment it costs MORE to ditch the car earlier than to hold on to it and return it to LAX. We are trying to decide if we want to pay more to not have to deal with a rental car return so early on that day we fly home.
DLH charges $25/night parking (self parking). Not sure if that changes things.

This is my first trip to DL. We are flying into Long Beach Airport , staying at the Hilton Anaheim then flying out of LAX. I don't know if we should rent a car or use a car service. There are 4 of us and we are only going to DL. Also, Which companies would you recommend or tell me to stay away from? I have searched the forums and couldn't find much information. I appreciate the help. Thanks

Either would be fine assuming you’re not flying in off a long haul. I generally shuttle to the hotel in Anaheim (from LAX), get a car after a few days and drive back to whichever airport I’m flying out from.

For shuttle services, I’ve used Karmel from LAX several times, I believe they also service Long Beach. Just use their shared service these days as they only make 2 stops at the airport and guarantee no more than 3 hotel drop offs. We stayed at the Hilton at Christmas and it was the first stop for our group.

If you need a car seat, Zippy is a good service I’ve used several years ago.

Parking at the Hilton is $21 per day so take that into account as well.

This is my first trip to DL. We are flying into Long Beach Airport , staying at the Hilton Anaheim then flying out of LAX. I don't know if we should rent a car or use a car service. There are 4 of us and we are only going to DL. Also, Which companies would you recommend or tell me to stay away from? I have searched the forums and couldn't find much information. I appreciate the help. Thanks
For 4 adults with luggage, you have several choices. As pp have said, Karmel Shuttle is one option. Also ride share -- Uber or Lyft should work. Just take into account how much space you'll need for all passengers and luggage. Lansky's Car Service gets great reviews on this board -- great service and they include a short grocery stop on the way to the hotel (very convenient if you'll want bottled water, snacks, fruit, etc.). Also check the first post in this superthread.

For 4 adults with luggage, you have several choices. As pp have said, Karmel Shuttle is one option. Also ride share -- Uber or Lyft should work. Just take into account how much space you'll need for all passengers and luggage. Lansky's Car Service gets great reviews on this board -- great service and they include a short grocery stop on the way to the hotel (very convenient if you'll want bottled water, snacks, fruit, etc.). Also check the first post in this superthread.
Thank you so much. I will give them a call.

I have visited Disneyland twice with my power wheelchair and both times used SuperShuttle to get from and to the airport. However, they have gone out of business. None of the other shuttle companies say anything about having accessible vehicles available. Does any one know of an LAX or Orange County (John Wayne Airport) shuttle company that would be able to take 5 adults including one power wheelchair?

We are holding reservations at Disney's Paradise Pier and a backup reservation at an Embassy Suites farther down Harbor Blvd. If we go with the later, it is my understanding the ART is accessible.

I have visited Disneyland twice with my power wheelchair and both times used SuperShuttle to get from and to the airport. However, they have gone out of business. None of the other shuttle companies say anything about having accessible vehicles available. Does any one know of an LAX or Orange County (John Wayne Airport) shuttle company that would be able to take 5 adults including one power wheelchair?
We are holding reservations at Disney's Paradise Pier and a backup reservation at an Embassy Suites farther down Harbor Blvd. If we go with the later, it is my understanding the ART is accessible.
The poster below was looking for shuttle or car service options for herself and her mother (uses a wheelchair -- regular size, foldable). You might want to call the service she reserved. Also try Lansky's Car Service -- they get great reviews here. I don't know if they have what you need, but they might.

I wound up booking xpress shuttle from john wayne for a lincoln town car. I was going to book through prime time because they have wheelchair accessible vehicles, I couldn't believe some of the reviews I was reading online, People getting canceled on last minute and being stranded at the airport. I looked on there facebook page and same thing. I find it hard to believe how they could stay in business with almost 100 percent bad reviews. Are they really that bad? Xpress shuttle on the other hand has nothing but glowing reviews, so keeping my fingers crossed.
I have reserved a lincoln town car shuttle for our upcominf trip in march, My mom has a wheelchair regular size foldable, Is anyone familiar with the trunk space for these vehicles, Will it fit in the trunk, we wil have one big suitcase and one small one and a couple of carry ons, They have offerd to giv me a minivan, but my mom has problem stepping up into vans or suvs. Plus I;ve wanted to ride in a Lincoln, How nice are these? Any help will be appreciated since I have never ridden or seen one.
i know choices are slim i wound up booking with anaheim towncar, really reasonable rates

From Disneyland to LAX Do you think it’s doable has anybody done it or is it too risky and we should get a shuttle we leave tomorrow morning in our flights at seven

I don't have specific info, but you can pre-order an Uber. If you're concerned about availability at 4 am (and I don't blame you) that's what I'd do.

Yes...I have gotten Ubers to catch 6am flights and was surprised how many were out actually out at that hour.

Pre-order does not guarantee an Uber, only automatically pings the next available driver when the time arrives. No real advantage.

I did pre order one but I haven’t gotten an email or anything that says someone will take us. Do we have to wait to morning to find out?

Yes...I have gotten Ubers to catch 6am flights and was surprised how many were out actually out at that hour.

Pre-order does not guarantee an Uber, only automatically pings the next available driver when the time arrives. No real advantage.
I was just wondering if they confirm me tonight or if no one wants to go that far in the morning how will I know?

Just looking for some recent experience with Prime Time Shuttles. Have a cruise booked leaving from San Pedro and need some type of shuttle from LAX and they seem most reasonably priced.

From Long Beach.... walk outside, cross the street and take a TAXI. Flat rate ~$46 (+ tip) to DLR area. Very easy, they are lined up and you can get a mini van for the same rate.

Will be going from Long Beach to GCH...will a taxi mini van fit 5 people--4 adults and one 7 year old?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter