Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information Superthread (READ FIRST POST FOR OVERVIEW!)

From Long Beach.... walk outside, cross the street and take a TAXI. Flat rate ~$46 (+ tip) to DLR area. Very easy, they are lined up and you can get a mini van for the same rate.
And how do we get back to LGB? We are former Super Shuttle people, so all of the sudden transportation is an issue. Staying at a Best Western. TIA

The hotel will call a taxi for you.... not the same company, so no flat rate for the way back. I think it runs around $55 for the trip back.
There are shuttles at LGB too. They are also across the street, where the rental cars are. We have actually checked over there in the past and gotten a shuttle for cheaper than the taxi rate; and the driver gave us his name and number and booked us for a ride back to LGB for the same rate. You might take a few minutes at LGB to check that out as well.

We (just 2 adults) used Lyft from sna to Camelot (across the street from Disney) and back and it was very quick and easy both ways... including tip just under $30 each way. At the airport I messed up initially and called for a car via the app right when my plane landed since it gave me a 28min time estimate and since I'm not that familiar with it I thought that was how long it would take for the car to arrive but it was actually the time to get to the hotel and not even a minute later the car was there ready and waiting but I wasn't so I canceled not knowing how long it would take me to walk there from the plane. After that I was scared to call for another until I was ready and waiting and then I got another immediate arrival but it canceled and sent me another driver that took about 7 minutes to arrive. This was about 2pm Wednesday. My 8am return car arrived in about 4 minutes.

Oh I didn't even think of this. What options are there for this?
We will be using the Mifold booster seat. I bought it for $30 at Target. Folded up, it is slightly smaller than a pack of baby wipes! I’ve also heard good things about the Bubble Bum.

We (just 2 adults) used Lyft from sna to Camelot (across the street from Disney) and back and it was very quick and easy both ways... including tip just under $30 each way. At the airport I messed up initially and called for a car via the app right when my plane landed since it gave me a 28min time estimate and since I'm not that familiar with it I thought that was how long it would take for the car to arrive but it was actually the time to get to the hotel and not even a minute later the car was there ready and waiting but I wasn't so I canceled not knowing how long it would take me to walk there from the plane. After that I was scared to call for another until I was ready and waiting and then I got another immediate arrival but it canceled and sent me another driver that took about 7 minutes to arrive. This was about 2pm Wednesday. My 8am return car arrived in about 4 minutes.
Thank you for the info!

We will be using the Mifold booster seat. I bought it for $30 at Target. Folded up, it is slightly smaller than a pack of baby wipes! I’ve also heard good things about the Bubble Bum.
Lol, I see lucky had it covered :)
Always helpful to have first hand reviews and reports from "real" DISers! :) I think the one difference I read consistently between these two boosters is that the Bubblebum requires inflating. So if the parent/adult has asthma or any kind of respiratory issues and there will be repeated rides to/from the parks daily and anywhere else during the trip, having to inflate the Bubblebum can get tiresome. So the Mifold wins in that regard.

And how do we get back to LGB? We are former Super Shuttle people, so all of the sudden transportation is an issue. Staying at a Best Western. TIA
We do Lyft each way. Somewhere in the neighborhood of $35-40 after adding on a tip. You just pull up the app and select what you want. I've had some issues before having our hotel order my taxi--like $60 for a 1-way trip to LGB--so I just order my own Lyft. I can see the price ahead of time, so there's no financial surprises.

We just booked an Airbnb .5 miles from Disneyland. We will have a 3 year old who requires a car seat and and a 6 year old who requires a booster. We will not be renting a car. How can we get from John Wayne airport to our Airbnb?

I’m really into public transportation. OCTA bus 76 leaves the airport to Disneyland every hour M-F 6am to 6pm. No car seats needed on big buses. Use google maps to figure out best bus to transfer to get to Airbnb.

We just booked an Airbnb .5 miles from Disneyland. We will have a 3 year old who requires a car seat and and a 6 year old who requires a booster. We will not be renting a car. How can we get from John Wayne airport to our Airbnb?
It sounds like a lot of people have had good results using Lansky's, which I understand provides car seats and booster seats that are in high quality condition, and will stop at a grocery store on the way if you like. I hear they're pricy though.

Another option would be to get a travel booster seat for the 6 year old, like a Mifold or a Bubble Bum. Both run in the neighborhood of $30-$35. We own a Mifold, and it is very compact; a little smaller than a pack of baby wipes when folded up. For the 3 year old, you could look at something like a Cosco Scenera Next if he/she weighs under 40 pounds or Cosco Finale if he/she is close to or more than 40 pounds. Both Cosco seats are about $45-$50 and lightweight, and are FAA approved. We've always taken a car seat on the plane for our son and never once regretted it. Aside from the practicality of keeping him contained, it is actually more comfortable for him to snooze, and he is a lot safer in the event of turbulence. He just turned five, and this is actually the first year we are going without a car seat, because we've "promoted" him to the Mifold instead.

I’m really into public transportation. OCTA bus 76 leaves the airport to Disneyland every hour M-F 6am to 6pm. No car seats needed on big buses. Use google maps to figure out best bus to transfer to get to Airbnb.

where is the Disneyland pick up for this bus, how much is it and how long does it take to get from Disney / Anaheim to LAX? This might be an option for me in the summer, as I'm looking for alternative shuttles now that SuperShuttle is gone.

He was talking about SNA. Since you brought it up, I can provide some more information on public transportation. It is more based on weekday schedules.

I am not actually based in LA area, so these might not be the best options. However, I visit LA about once per month from the bay area, I did all of the options below. Generally it is not a good idea unless the number of people going is small.

LAX: One option is to take green line light rail to Norwalk (need to take a shuttle to the green line airport station), then Metro 460 to Disneyland, 460 is nearly all local and takes very long. It takes a little more than 2 hours, but most of the time is spent on Disneyland -> Norwalk (around 90 minutes). Total cost is $1.75... If you replace the 460 part with Uber/lyft, it is much faster. You can also do Flyaway (to Union station) + Amtrak (or Metrolink) + OCTA 43/543 (for Fullerton) or ART 15 / OCTA 50 (for Anaheim). It also takes about 2 hours, cost around $20.

LGB: Long beach 104 (to Norwalk / Wardlow) + OCTA 46. About 1.5 hours, cost $3.25.

SNA: As mentioned above, OCTA 76 (to MacArthur / Harbor) + OCTA 43/543. About 1 hour, cost $2 (OCTA's single ride ticket is valid for 1 hour, can be used for transfer, though I do not know if it is the intention...)

ONT: This one... too difficult...

BUR: You can take the train, either Amtrak or Metrolink (need a transfer at Union station), and then either OCTA 43/543 (if you use Fullerton station) or OCTA 50/ ART 15 (if you use Anaheim station). Cost around $20, takes 2 hours.

OCTA 43/543 Metro 460 is right on Harbor outside the door, OCTA 46 is on Ball near the TRAM, OCTA 50 is on Katella. In order to utilize transfer feature for public transportation in LA area, you need a "TAP" card which you can obtain on ticket machines for $1. For OCTA fare, you can use the app.

where is the Disneyland pick up for this bus, how much is it and how long does it take to get from Disney / Anaheim to LAX? This might be an option for me in the summer, as I'm looking for alternative shuttles now that SuperShuttle is gone.

Last edited:
He was talking about SNA. Since you brought it up, I can provide some more information on public transportation. It is more based on weekday schedules. I am not actually based in LA area, so these might not be the best options, but they are doable, I did all of these. Generally it is not a good idea unless the number of people going is small.

LAX: One option is to take green line light rail to Norwalk, then Metro 460 to Disneyland, 460 is nearly all local and takes very long. It takes a little more than 2 hours 15, but most of the time is spent on Disneyland -> Norwalk (around 90 minutes). Total cost is $1.75... If you replace 460 with Uber/lyft, it is much faster. You can also do Flyaway + Amtrak (or Metrolink) + ART 15 / OCTA 50. It also takes about 2 hours, cost around $20.

LGB: Long beach 104 + OCTA 46. About 1.5 hours, cost $3.25.

SNA: As mentioned above, OCTA 76 + OCTA 43/543. About 1 hour, cost $2 (OCTA's single ride ticket is valid for 1 hour, can be used for transfer, though I do not know if it is the intention...)

ONT: This one... too difficult...

BUR: You can take the train, either Amtrak or Metrolink, and then either OCTA 43/543 (if you use Fullerton station) or OCTA 50/ ART 15 (if you use Anaheim station). Cost around $20, takes 2 hours.
I'm going to add this to the first post since there isn't a lot of information there for public transportation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter