• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information Superthread (READ FIRST POST FOR OVERVIEW!)

Yeah I can see it would be a lot of transfers and coming back the next day I'd have to get back earlier to get to the train station (Metrolink) in Santa Clarita, which I'd had to do- and then someone would have to pick us up there. We live in a very rural town (Pop 805) north of Santa Clarita about 50 minutes and there are NO buses that come out here. So Santa Clarita looked like best option. I may even be able to get to Burbank airport and then shuttle that way somehow, but then again, need someone on this end to pick us up from airport to get back home.

Hopefully we'll manage to be able to drive a car ourselves, but right now that's not an option and I figured you veterans and experts were the best place to go. Said many times- I love this forum!

I came across this thread as I was about to book on Disneyland express, and wanted to see if anyone has had any problems with them as of late.

Also felt this is a great thread and great work by OP. Seems like this should be a sticky if it isn't already

I came across this thread as I was about to book on Disneyland express, and wanted to see if anyone has had any problems with them as of late.

Also felt this is a great thread and great work by OP. Seems like this should be a sticky if it isn't already
Its a sticky already.

I'm glad the thread is still being found useful by other Disneyland afficiandos! I haven't been posting on the Dis recently, but still peruse a few times a month just to stay caught up with major trends and I'm checking now before a quickie Christmas visit.

Does anyone know rates on taxis? Last I can find on here is 1/12.

We are going to need a rate for SNA and LGB. I am coming in one and going out the other. Our hotel is DLH.

Trying to see if Taxi or Karmel is more inexpensive.

BTW the Yelp discount for Karmel was 4$ higher than the CVB4 discount from Anaheim OC coupon.

Does anyone know rates on taxis? Last I can find on here is 1/12.

We are going to need a rate for SNA and LGB. I am coming in one and going out the other. Our hotel is DLH.

Trying to see if Taxi or Karmel is more inexpensive.

BTW the Yelp discount for Karmel was 4$ higher than the CVB4 discount from Anaheim OC coupon.
From SNA to DLR a taxi will cost roughly $45. Call it $50 with a tip. Don't know about LGB.

Thanks for the info everyone. Now I need to check the links for 3 adults I. July.

:surfweb:

Awesome thread! Thanks for helping answer my questions and solve my Disneyland transportation needs. I LOVE the DisBoards!

What a great thread! Thanks for taking the time to help us newbies with our 1st trip to DL.

I will be flying into SNA from PA (a senior citizen) and am looking for any suggestions for the easiest mode of transportation for me. I don't want to have to be lugging my baggage for a long distance. I am looking to keep the cost (rt with tip) under $100 if possible. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. TIA.:)

What a great thread! Thanks for taking the time to help us newbies with our 1st trip to DL.

I will be flying into SNA from PA (a senior citizen) and am looking for any suggestions for the easiest mode of transportation for me. I don't want to have to be lugging my baggage for a long distance. I am looking to keep the cost (rt with tip) under $100 if possible. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. TIA.:)

Super Shuttle would be much cheaper than $100.

This is such a great thread, thank you OP for creating it :goodvibes. We are flying into SNA in June and plan on taking a taxi to DLH then back to the airport from VGC. I have been reading about a flat rate and was wondering how much it would be and is it still being offered? We are trying to get our budget in order and wanted to add this cost into it. Thank you for your help.

We are flying into SNA in June and plan on taking a taxi to DLH then back to the airport from VGC. I have been reading about a flat rate and was wondering how much it would be and is it still being offered? We are trying to get our budget in order and wanted to add this cost into it. Thank you for your help.

I had a friend at DL two weeks ago, and she said the flat rate voucher available at the DL hotel (would be the same at the VGC, or other hotels in the area) was $35 to SNA. Don't know about a flat rate from the airport to the hotel though.

I had a friend at DL two weeks ago, and she said the flat rate voucher available at the DL hotel (would be the same at the VGC, or other hotels in the area) was $35 to SNA. Don't know about a flat rate from the airport to the hotel though.

Thank you so much for the info :goodvibes

My transpertation situation...
Booked with Mike of Super Saver Shuttle. Everything started good but the day arrival he didn't show up and sent Bon Voyage to get us.
BV was almost 2 hrs late because they went to the wrong airport.
I didn't feel I should have to pay for the ride at this point but Mike and BV disagreed and not only wanted to charge me but now charge mé more.
Once at the hotel BV thought it would be nice to put our bags in a mud puddle.
Of course I cancelled the return ride and Mike got mad and started yelling at me.

The hotel recommended AMG.
AMG was right on time, friendly, upgraded us to a limo for free.

I would not for a second recommend Super Saver Shuttle or Bon Voyage.
I would recommend AMG and use them again. They also have car seats/boosters for free

Hello all! We will be traveling from LAX to the Best Western Anaheim Inn tomorrow morning. I'm all of a sudden getting very confused about how the Disneyland Express works. That would be the best option for two adults still right?

Hello all! We will be traveling from LAX to the Best Western Anaheim Inn tomorrow morning. I'm all of a sudden getting very confused about how the Disneyland Express works. That would be the best option for two adults still right?
Best as in cheapest? I have never used DL Express but when I think of a best it depends a lot on how much time it takes. To take a shuttle that saves $10 but have it take 2 extra hours does not make it best for me. I value my time. I am not saying DL Express will take that long, but different options take different amounts of time.

For me with a party of two I would look at a town car or something like that. It would cost more but waste little time.

:wizard:

Best as in cheapest? I have never used DL Express but when I think of a best it depends a lot on how much time it takes. To take a shuttle that saves $10 but have it take 2 extra hours does not make it best for me. I value my time. I am not saying DL Express will take that long, but different options take different amounts of time.

For me with a party of two I would look at a town car or something like that. It would cost more but waste little time.

:wizard:

Well the day we arrive we aren't trying to make it to a park that day so time isn't too much of a problem but will it take us directly to our hotel or do we have to transfer at some point?

You should look into taking super shuttle. You can search online for a coupon.

We used Sunny's town car service from SNA and really liked it. The reason I chose them is because they supplied a car seat and booster seat. It was the same price as a shuttle for 4, but much nicer vehichle and they didn't pick up anyone else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter