Airport to Restaurant - Reservation Timing

fujamaga

Mouseketeer
I originally had a T-Rex reservation at 2:15, but was able to get a new reservation at 12. M Since my flight was supposed to land at 9:30am, I cancelled my 2:15 reservation. The VERY next morning, I received notice that my fight was moved and I'll now land at 10:50. Thoughts on whether I can get from MCO (carry on luggage only), pick up the rental car and then get to T-Rex by 12? Is there any leeway on timing? Unfortunately, there aren't any available reservations now (and totally kicking myself for cancelling the 2:15 reservation)!!!

I originally had a T-Rex reservation at 2:15, but was able to get a new reservation at 12. M Since my flight was supposed to land at 9:30am, I cancelled my 2:15 reservation. The VERY next morning, I received notice that my fight was moved and I'll now land at 10:50. Thoughts on whether I can get from MCO (carry on luggage only), pick up the rental car and then get to T-Rex by 12? Is there any leeway on timing? Unfortunately, there aren't any available reservations now (and totally kicking myself for cancelling the 2:15 reservation)!!!
Have you checked at opentable.com to see if there are any reservations available at the time you want? The site tends to have more time slots than WDW's site.

Landing at 10:50 AM and trying to make a reservation at noon sounds difficult to accomplish.

Have you checked at opentable.com to see if there are any reservations available at the time you want? The site tends to have more time slots than WDW's site.

Landing at 10:50 AM and trying to make a reservation at noon sounds difficult to accomplish.

I didn't realize you could make Disney reservations on Opentable. I'll have to check that, thanks!

You can also call T-Rex directly to see if they have other times open. They normally only load a fraction of their ADR slots onto the Disney site.

I didn't realize you could make Disney reservations on Opentable. I'll have to check that, thanks!

Disney owned restaurants aren’t on open table. But many of the Disney Springs restaurants are owned by other companies & can be found on open table.

Landing at 10:50, getting off the plane, getting your rental car, and getting to DS and the restaurant by noon could happen, but I think that is way too tight. Any number of things could mess that up.
I didn't see T-Rex listed on opentable, maybe I missed it. Calling the retaurant may be your best option to change times.
You an also keep checking as times do become available. Or use Reservation finder.
Good luck

if you are flying in on a weekday I highly doubt you will have an issue being a walk up. Depending on the time in the afternoon you will likely have a short wait time... BTW there are no true reservations for any of the Landry's owned at Disney it goes by when you check in -- it however is not impossible to be turned away as a walk up but unlikely unless it is a very busy day. The only priority you will get is with the Landry's card in which case you will have little wait at any as you are the first to be seated no matter the number of reservations or walk ups in front of you.

Landing at 10:50, getting off the plane, getting your rental car, and getting to DS and the restaurant by noon could happen, but I think that is way too tight. Any number of things could mess that up.
I didn't see T-Rex listed on opentable, maybe I missed it. Calling the retaurant may be your best option to change times.
You an also keep checking as times do become available. Or use Reservation finder.
Good luck
:( You didn't miss it; now the 2nd DS restaurant I know of that hasn't set up an account w/ opentable with the first being 'Homecoming.

Get a Landry's Select Card. It's $25, but that $25 goes toward your bill. You can show up at TRex (or the Rainforest Cafes in DS or AK) whenever you want and you will get priority seating even over those with reservations when you show the check-in host your Landry's card.

Never schedule a non refundable anything on arrival day. Too many variables, you may be on time or not.

I was in Tampa airport last month and there were planes of people redirected there from mco due to weather. It happens.

Hope for the best but plan for the worst.

Thanks for everyone's input!! I called them and they were able to change the reservation time. I set it for 1:30, hopefully that's sufficient time for an arrival time of 10:50.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter