AKL Addonitis

disnutt

<font color=teal>I don't know how you can make ope
I apparently have no immunity to this illness because I just got my mailing and now can't think of anything else!:sick:

Having never considered adding on until now, what is the fewest # of pts I can do? I saw postings about 50 pt contracts and see the minimum for the $8discount is 100. Because of the addonitis fever I can't make sense of the multiple postings.

Please help!

THe minimum you can add on is 25 points if you pay cash outright for them.

If you need to finance you need to add on a minimum of 50 points.

The AKL special is if you buy a minimum 100 points and you do NOT want the developer points you can receive $8 off per point. If you want to keep the developer points, it will be the 101 per point

If you want to be a founding member and have your name on the tapestry, you need to purchase a minimum 150 points.

UGH! I could do the 25 pts outright after our tax refund comes back but that won't be until after Feb 28! Can I put them on Disney Visa until I get the refund? (I can't believe I even asked that.)

Also, what is the benefit of being a founding member other than your name on a tapestry?

We just bought into SSR today and our options were to pay by check, credit card or Disney financing. I'm a "newbie" but I imagine the same options are available for add-ons.

You don't have a time limit on when you can buy the 25pts. The only "deadline" is to be a founding member with your name on the tapestry.

UGH! I could do the 25 pts outright after our tax refund comes back but that won't be until after Feb 28! Can I put them on Disney Visa until I get the refund? (I can't believe I even asked that.)
Yes you can pay by credit card. You will have to put at least 10% on your CC when you call. You can pay the remainder by check when you send back your paperwork. I don't know if they will do this for a 25-point purchase, but for larger purchases they will charge you 10% now and the remainder in one month.

Also, what is the benefit of being a founding member other than your name on a tapestry?
That's it. I passed on spending another $5K to get my name on the tapestry. If they had offered something more (like a week's head start booking concierge level) I would have given it some serious consideration...

As of right now there is no cure, or vaccine, for addonitis.

We bought 160 SSR points two years ago; added on 60 BWV points last year; and right now I'm absolutely obsessed with adding on 50 more BWV points. If I mention it to my husband he will think that I'm nuts and may have me locked away. But 220 points really aren't enough, right? Don't you think I'm right? I must be right because 220+50=270 and if you add the numbers 2,7,and 0 together you get the number 9 which John Lennon said was a mystic, magical number. So it must be fate.

So, I think that if I can just add on 50 more points then my addonitis should go away and all will be well with the world. Do you think I'm right?

The AKL special is if you buy a minimum 100 points and you do NOT want the developer points you can receive $8 off per point. If you want to keep the developer points, it will be the 101 per point

You people are killing me!!!:scared1:

So, can I get the developer points if I only buy 25? What are the developer points? No that I feel a case of Addonitis coming on or anything...........:rolleyes1

As of right now there is no cure, or vaccine, for addonitis.

We bought 160 SSR points two years ago; added on 60 BWV points last year; and right now I'm absolutely obsessed with adding on 50 more BWV points. If I mention it to my husband he will think that I'm nuts and may have me locked away. But 220 points really aren't enough, right? Don't you think I'm right? I must be right because 220+50=270 and if you add the numbers 2,7,and 0 together you get the number 9 which John Lennon said was a mystic, magical number. So it must be fate.

So, I think that if I can just add on 50 more points then my addonitis should go away and all will be well with the world. Do you think I'm right?

Did you take a breath when you were typing this post?:lmao:
We originally bought 220 points and 10 months later I added another 120 points. So 220 points absolutely isn't enough!

Did you take a breath when you were typing this post?:lmao:
We originally bought 220 points and 10 months later I added another 120 points. So 220 points absolutely isn't enough!

I took a few breaths, yeah, but it all just came to me as I was typing it out. And I'm sure that I'll be happy with 270 points. Okay, well, I won't really since I actually want 160 total at BWV, but I'll be happy for now with just an extra 50. I can always add on 50 more next year, right?

So this is going to be a chronic illness for me since I'm no where near 220 yet and we have determined that even that number of points doesn't cure this sickness.

Maybe a little of the hair of the dog that bit me will help me manage my symptoms. I may be making my call Monday to add on.

I took a few breaths, yeah, but it all just came to me as I was typing it out. And I'm sure that I'll be happy with 270 points. Okay, well, I won't really since I actually want 160 total at BWV, but I'll be happy for now with just an extra 50. I can always add on 50 more next year, right?

I think points are kind of like closet space...you always use up what you have and you always need more!;)

I hear ya sister!! I will go to any length to rationalize a DVC point purchase. :thumbsup2

The addonitis got us too. At first we thought - nah, we will wait and maybe do it later. And then Greenban had to start alllll those threads about AKV. So, I will just blame him entirely rather than my lack of willpower against the Addonitis Monster.

Then I'll blame him, too. I had thought about adding on, but was able to keep it to the back of my brain until all of the AKV posts and all the people doing add-ons. So, now my WANT has become a NEED.

I emailed my husband at work and he seems "interested", so we'll see if I can call Judy on Monday and get on the waiting list.

Oh, and he didn't even mention institutionalizing me.:banana:

I don't think you'll need to get on a waiting list. I believe AKV points began selling yesterday.

Don't open this thread, don't open this thread. . . .

Hey, look at that thread! I'm not crazy after all!

But I must be crazy, why else would I have spent most of the day thinking about adding on points at AKV all because of a little--albeit nice-looking--postcard that arrived in yesterday's mail.

Our points don't add up to 9. . .
Our points don't cover our November vacation every year. . .
I have a mutual fund (in my name, no less, so sheesh, I could buy points as a present for DH, right, and he wouldn't even have to know about it, 'cause that would ruin the surprise). . .
Our 10th anniversary is coming up . . .
We haven't gone to AKL yet, but we really want to and if we had points there we couldn't keep putting it off. . .

I had addonitis before and I didn't succumb. . .
The mutual fund money will continue to grow if I leave it alone. . .
Sometimes you need to be happy with what you have. . .

I have no clue now how I talked myself out of it last time. . .oh dear. . .

I would like to point out that although this is like a support group, it functions in reverse because you've all given me reasons why I should succumb, rather than the opposite. .

My name is Meg and I have a DVC problem (but it's only a little 150 point problem so far, and that's part of the problem!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter