AKL Addonitis

I would like to point out that although this is like a support group, it functions in reverse because you've all given me reasons why I should succumb, rather than the opposite.

My husband calls the DVC a cult. He says we speak to each other using strange words and letters that most people don't understand. He says that we know things that most people don't know and maybe we shouldn't know either.

But, on the lighter side of the news...I'm pretty sure that I'm getting my 50 point add-on.
:banana: :banana: :banana:

My husband calls the DVC a cult. He says we speak to each other using strange words and letters that most people don't understand. He says that we know things that most people don't know and maybe we shouldn't know either.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Ok, stop it!! This sounds just like my husband :rotfl2: He says I'm been DVCnoptized..;)

Actually, I meant to say that he thinks the DIS is a cult, not the DVC. He loves DVC too...but he never gets on the DIS. He says that we're too weird and obsessed.

My DH thankfully only shakes his head for a few seconds, says "you bought points again" and after hearing the answer replies "ok, but does that mean I have to sign more junk?"

I love being in charge of the checkbook. :thumbsup2

My DH thankfully only shakes his head for a few seconds, says "you bought points again" and after hearing the answer replies "ok, but does that mean I have to sign more junk?"

Well, hubby just asked why we needed more points and I told him that as of next year we'd need to start getting 2-bedrooms anyway since our son will be 4 and our daughter 17 and they won't be able to share a bed anymore.

I told him that it's not a problem if he doesn't want to add on...we should be fine if he wants to only go on vacation to WDW every 2 YEARS. (He refuses to stay in anything smaller than a 1-bedroom now.) So, he looked thoughtful for about half a minute and said for me to call our guide on Monday and see what's available.

See!!! The number 9 IS a mystic number...

Oh I can top you. I'm crazy enough to have a family DVC account in the truest sense of the word (the signatories are myself, my dad, my sister, and my two brothers). When we do an add-on, I need to get 5 signatures, and copies of driver's licenses. It's my own vacation club business!!! Yeah.

Course, that can also help or hurt the Addonitis bug. My dad and I were buying for our vacations and thought it'd be nice to extend the perks to my sibs. If we couldn't go, we could also let them use the points, right? So we thought 200 pts would be a good start for extending our usual one week Marriott trips with a few studio stays. Then we stayed in a one bedroom and the ungrateful sibs said "thanks for the perks but when can WE stay?". Damn, need more points for a two bedroom.

Ok, F&F deal makes 120 pts look real nice. We can do a one bedroom stay in spring and two bedroom in fall. Make the deposit, get the package, gather everyone for Christmas and before you go... oh surprise! Quick, read & sign this (next to the ears thank you), give me your license so I can run it throgh my photocopier.

My brother just burst into laughter. AGAIN?! When will you people ever stop? Oh, but we can now take you with us, and your 4 kids. And, and, one year we can take everyone and book a Grand Villa or a bunch of studios.

Fine, if they'd all just agree to keep our family size the same. But nooooooo, one brother's wife has to get pregnant and another invites her disabled faither to live with them.

And oh that AKV brochure is so cute. A stay in a Savannah view room for a few days a year, perhaps bank and borrow for a bigger trip. Take everyone on a Sunrise Safari? How cool would that be?

But think, the paperwork. All those damn signatures. And taxman is coming. New baby gifts. Trip to London. Ramps and things for the disabled FIL. But there's cash in my savings. It would be so easy just to dial or send an e-mail.

MUST RE-SIST! MUST RE-SIST!

Anyone know a purification dance?

I think they spike the drinks with something there ;)

I agree, but whatever it is that they put in our drinks usually has a delayed reaction. I'm guessing it's so that we don't tie the two together. The urge to add-on doesn't really hit me in force until about a month after the last trip. I can usually resist for another month or two but, as the Borg says...resistance is futile.

My name is Meg and I have a DVC problem (but it's only a little 150 point problem so far, and that's part of the problem!)

I was in your position exactly a year ago. Now we have 530 points after adding 180 at VWL and now 200 at AKV...

Join us! It's fun on the dark side...

You know this addonitis is a very real affliction. If you'd had asked me two days ago if we would be doing another add-on, I would have said absolutely no way in the world. Then DW and I get on the boards here and start reading about AKV and bam, we both get it at the same time. It helps alot that AKL is DW's favorite resort. Then the brochure comes in the mail and that makes it worse. So now, we're just waiting for our guide to call us back so we can get the paperwork going. We're kind of disappointed we didn't hear from her yesterday. I'm thinking if we don't hear today by noon, I'll call her back.

Don't open this thread, don't open this thread. . . .

I had addonitis before and I didn't succumb. . .
The mutual fund money will continue to grow if I leave it alone. . .
Sometimes you need to be happy with what you have. . .

Meg-- go right over to the Budget Board for a reality check-- don't cash out your mutual fund! Step away from the DVC board-- you WILL be all right! (Now if I could just take my own advice;) )

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: all you guys are making me crazy!! I JUST added on 50 at SSR 2 weeks ago and I told my guide NO to AKL....now I'm reading all these posts and pondering yet another 50 at AKL!! :rotfl2: but I think the smarter me will prevail and not rush into this headfirst.....wish me luck!

Michelle :cloud9:

Well the addonitis has now been officially diagnosed. Just got off the phone with our guide and we are now the proud owners of a 60 point add-on. Usual paperwork will arrive next week. Wow, when we first bought into DVC I never thought we would ever do any add-ons. Now we've done two. Can't wait to stay in the AKV in December. But wait, we have a weeks stay in June at OKW to look forward to. Like I've said - retirement is wonderfull.

Well the addonitis has now been officially diagnosed. Just got off the phone with our guide and we are now the proud owners of a 60 point add-on. Usual paperwork will arrive next week. Wow, when we first bought into DVC I never thought we would ever do any add-ons. Now we've done two. .

CONGRATULATIONS on the add-on! I also just got of the phone with our guide as well and that wonderful woman sold me my precious 50 point BWV add-on. I'm sure that 270 points will be enough for us. Well, pretty sure. Okay, so I'm not sure at all but I can wait another year for another add-on. Wouldn't want to break tradition, ya know.

CONGRATULATIONS on the add-on! I also just got of the phone with our guide as well and that wonderful woman sold me my precious 50 point BWV add-on. I'm sure that 270 points will be enough for us. Well, pretty sure. Okay, so I'm not sure at all but I can wait another year for another add-on. Wouldn't want to break tradition, ya know.

I'm new to message boards and don't really know the technical aspects.
Can I ask you how do you list your prior vacations on your posts? Thanks.

I'm new to message boards and don't really know the technical aspects.
Can I ask you how do you list your prior vacations on your posts? Thanks.

Go to User CP at the top of the page and then Edit Signature.

Meg-- go right over to the Budget Board for a reality check-- don't cash out your mutual fund! Step away from the DVC board-- you WILL be all right! (Now if I could just take my own advice;) )
Thanks Roadtripper, but when I go to the Budget Board it just convinces me that I can be frugal in plenty of ways to support the DVC purchase!!--sheesh. . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter