AKL (Jambo House)

I enjoyed reading about JH! We will be staying there for our Oct 2014 trip!!!! A DVC member reserved us a HC room, DD is in a wheelchair. A lot of helpful info! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

A week ago, I had 35 points to use and got a Sunday night CL 1 bedroom at AKV for January. With a family, one night would not do you much good. I think 4 nights would be an easier wait list. This night was "free" when I looked, it did not come from a wait list.

If you've decided you don't need the Savannah view and like space you might want to check out the value 2BR or 1BR. They have more availability that the studio value and all the amenities.

If you want the value villa, you need to book that as soon as possible or it might also be gone. Those go very quickly.

If you split your stay, you will have to check out and check into a different villa several hours later. Check out is 11 and check in is after 4PM. Do you really want to be homeless that long?

The odds of getting a multiple night waitlist are not good. Plus, if by good fortune, the waitlist comes through, are you prepared to pay the owner more for the reservation? Concierge villas require more points.

If I went "value" I think I would pick a 1 bedroom, but I'm still on the fence for a 1 bedroom "standard view" A Deluxe Studio Standard View would suit us just fine as well. The only reason I was even considering a "value" was because the owner I'm working with only has a certain amount of points to rent, so I have to make the 9 or 10 nights fit with the amount of points she has.

We don't mind doing a split stay at all! This past Oct we spent 16 days in Disney and stayed at 3 different resorts and LOVED it! Disney makes moving so easy, and I always made our "move days" a pool/relax day!

As for the "waitlist" for CL..I asked the owner to waitlist us for either the 1st 4/5 nights or last 4/5 nights. I've learned that getting CL for the whole 9/10 nights just won't happen, sadly:( And, yes, we have no problem paying more $$ for the extra points CL would cost:)

Thanks again for your help and input!

I enjoyed reading about JH! We will be staying there for our Oct 2014 trip!!!! A DVC member reserved us a HC room, DD is in a wheelchair. A lot of helpful info! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We will be there Oct 2014 as well!! :) We spent 7 amazing days at AKL this past Oct and had to go back! AKL was our fav resort out of the 3 we stayed at on our trip. We stayed at Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club, and AKL was hands down the best one for us!

I'm glad the info helped you because I know how much planning is involved when it comes to Disney!!

Have a Magical Vacation!! Maybe I will see you :thumbsup2

A week ago, I had 35 points to use and got a Sunday night CL 1 bedroom at AKV for January. With a family, one night would not do you much good. I think 4 nights would be an easier wait list. This night was "free" when I looked, it did not come from a wait list.

Thank-you! That's great to know! I was SO excited for CL and was so disappointed when I heard we couldn't get it for any nights of our stay:(

Enjoy your CL in Jan!!!! :goodvibes

If you've decided you don't need the Savannah view and like space you might want to check out the value 2BR or 1BR. They have more availability that the studio value and all the amenities.

I am actually leaning towards the 1 bedroom Standard View at the moment because of the space. When we stayed in the Deluxe Studio this past Oct it worked great for us, but I wanted to try something new, and the washer/dryer is great to have! We never ever cook on vacation, and will have the dining plan, so the kitchen isn't as important, but is nice to have a larger fridge for sure!

The owner I'm renting from only has a certain amount of points, so unfortunately, I can't do a 2 bdrm cause then I wouldn't be able to get 9 or 10 nights from her.

I'm thinking of doing possibly 3 or 4 nights Deluxe Studio Savanna View or Standard View and then 5 or 6 nights in a 1 bedroom Standard View. I don't think I want the "value" now cause I really don't want a view of the parking lot. I know not many have a parking lot view, but I don't think I'm willing to gamble that.

Only 20% of the values have parking lot view, 40% have savanna view and the other 40% pool view. That parking lot view is actually mainly looking at a lot of trees and bushes with some sighting of the parking lot in the distance through them.

If you want a w/d (and full kitchen) you need at least a 1BR. If you want standard or savanna view you still have a lot of time before you need to book because those will remain open for a few months . However, if you want the value room, you may have very little time to get it and should attempt to get it now.

Only 20% of the values have parking lot view, 40% have savanna view and the other 40% pool view. That parking lot view is actually mainly looking at a lot of trees and bushes with some sighting of the parking lot in the distance through them.

If you want a w/d (and full kitchen) you need at least a 1BR. If you want standard or savanna view you still have a lot of time before you need to book because those will remain open for a few months . However, if you want the value room, you may have very little time to get it and should attempt to get it now.

Well, after all this, and everyone's help, the owner decided they weren't going to rent out their points anymore. Thank-god I hadn't sent any $$ yet! They said they changed their minds and have decided to use the points for a vacation next year.

I am annoyed because maybe I would have found someone else pre this individual, and "maybe" they would have been able to get me CL! I only say this because the day she was supposed to go on and try to get it, she was MIA for 3 days, and I didn't hear from her on the day of, and 3 days later she then emailed me saying she didn't even have all my info she needed and couldn't even make the reservation. She was supposed to book on the 23rd of Nov, but didn't even try to book till the 25th.

I accepted the fact she couldn't get CL, but now I'm left with nothing and back to the drawing board!

So, my next question is, does AKL- Jambo house sell out fast in regards to the inventory for Studio's (Standard or Savannah View?) I now have to start over and find someone to rent points from again.

Thanks to everyone for your help! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter