AKV 1BR and Studio Models: New furniture, Updated: Photo links

LisaS

DIS Veteran
My DH is attending a conference this week near WDW. He stopped by to see the AKV model rooms this evening. He was told that they swapped out some more of the furniture just recently. He also mentioned there is a sign as you enter the models that everything is subject to change so bear that in mind when you look at the photos!

He is going to send me some of the photos he took when he gets a chance. Here are some of the changes that have happened so far:

- As already reported, the leather sofa is gone. They said it was too big and didn't fit the space. It has been replaced with an upholstered sofa.

- The dining bench and dining table were changed.

- The kitchen cabinet finish will be changing.

- They swapped out that very dark dresser from the living area of the 1BR and replaced it with something lighter. (Hurray! I thought that was just way too dark.)

- The band of plain gray tiles in the bathroom has been replaced with tiles with a nice savannah sunset theme. It is a deep red with silhouettes of trees and clouds and possibly some birds. The "savannah" tiles run all along the tub area and continue into the shower.

UPDATE: DH took quite a few pictures so I opted to put them up on photobucket.

AKV 1BR: http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s50/LisaS_myphotos/AKV Model Rooms/1BR/

AKV Studio: http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s50/LisaS_myphotos/AKV Model Rooms/Studio/

I tried to order them the way you would see everything as you walked through.

I like them both.
I don't think dark is a bad thing, especially when it's true to theme. In the case of AKV (or VWL), dark is indeed true to theme! :thumbsup2

I get the idea that many would prefer some sort of light pastals at AKV... :rotfl: :rotfl:

MG

Sorry it's taking so long to post the rest of the photos. DH took a lot of pictures! And this isn't going to be your typical set of photos: I asked him to open up cupboards and drawers in the kitchen so I could see how much storage space is left after the dinnerware and pots and pans are stored away, and he also opened up dresser drawers (and found something interesting in the studio that way!) and closets.

The new dining table is very interesting: it has legs with hooves! And the new bench is very African looking, though maybe not as comfortable as the former bench because the new one does not have a cushion.

It also looks like the orange studio couch was replaced with a brown one. I think I was in the minority, but I liked the orange one -- it added some badly-needed color to brighten up that sea of brown.

Anyway, back to uploading... I'll post a link as soon as I have the first set of photos ready to go.

Just make sure and weed out the pictures that can't be shown on DISboards. -- You don't want to accidentally upload the "marital duty" pictures... :teeth:

MG

Thanks for giving us the latest scoop. I guess those rooms are still a work in progress. I also liked the orange couch, although it is hard to have a real opinion given the color reproduction of all the digital devices the images are going through.

YEAH! They finally hid the PVC pipe in the bathroom. Took them long enough!

definitely liked the new stuff much better!!!!:thumbsup2

thank you so much for posting - these change was quite recent when I was there they still have the old stuff.

this is beginning to actually look like the pictures in the booklet.

It has very lite wood, so they still have some to go.

Thanks again!!!:banana:

I like them both.
I don't think dark is a bad thing, especially when it's true to theme. In the case of AKV (or VWL), dark is indeed true to theme! :thumbsup2

I get the idea that many would prefer some sort of light pastals at AKV... :rotfl: :rotfl:

MG

VWL is not BLACK - there is a big different in brown wood (what VWL is) and black (what they have AKV might be)

pictures are still not working

anyway here is a link
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/10896/sort/1/cat/546/page/1

I like the new stuff too! I also see they covered up the pvc trap in front of the vanity. That was pretty unsightly before. Not convinced about the walls. Looks like they lightened them, but it might be a determent for the theme. Makes it easier to see in there though.

I loved the leather sofa, so I'm not liking the new one much. I agree it looks cheaper. LOVE the dinning area!! Love the bathroom tiles too!

I really hate to give my opinion based on pictures but... I will anyway.

I really liked the old stuff better. Kitchen bench looked more interesting and cushioned in the previous version. The TV/dresser looks a bit hokey with the animals on it, more like a children's dresser. I liked the leather couch and orange couch. The orange gave it a touch of color to blend with the browns. The new brown couch looks so ordinary.

I did like adding the orange tile to the bath. I was thinking it would be more abstract but it looks like a nice addition.

It looks like they didn't leave any room for groceries in the kitchen cabinets.

I was a little disapointed with the studio dresser. They took the bottom drawer for linens and pack-n-play! That doesn't leave much space. Couldn't they squeeze them in that tiny closet?

I do like the over all idea but I thought the changes were not going the right way. Except for covering the drain pipe of course.

I'll be there mid May, so we'll see if it changes yet again. I'll be sure to take photos then too, so we can compare all the different versions. Sounds like it is a work in progress. I hope the decide on something in time to order furniture for the September opening!

Honestly, I am more concerned that they get the room dimensions correct and that all dedicated 2 bedrooms have 2 queens.

Thank you for the pictures. We are going back in April (not a DVC visit, but a definite visit to Epcot's Flower and Garden) and then again in June, so we too will make it a point to stop by and see what's what.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Is it possible to get pics of the old and new side by side?
I would imagine someone here is skilled enough to pull that off..

That's probably the only way I could pick which I like better.. :smokin:

MG

Is that the size of the bath in the rooms. Its tiny compared to the circular ones everywhere else! No more sharing a bath with DW :-(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter