AKV 1BR and Studio Models: New furniture, Updated: Photo links

Thanks so much for posting all the pics; they are great to look at! I love AKL theming, even enjoy the dark, so I like the old decor and the new. Although I have to agree with a few others, that I prefer the leather sofa.
I'll be there in May and hopefully have time to run over to SSR and check to see if there are any more changes.

Thanks so much for posting all the pics; they are great to look at! I love AKL theming, even enjoy the dark, so I like the old decor and the new. Although I have to agree with a few others, that I prefer the leather sofa.
I'll be there in May and hopefully have time to run over to SSR and check to see if there are any more changes.

I'm torn on the leather sofa.

I like the look of the leather better, but it DID take up a lot of room. AND it'd be a pain to maintain as leather is easily damaged and can be "sticky" when it's hot an humid.

Purely on aesthetics, I preferred the leather. On functionality, I think I like the new choice better.

Thanks for the pics Lisa!

I'm sort of torn as well. I like some of the changes, but the other changes I'm not so crazy about.

Like Lisa said, the other bench in the dining area had cushions and the new one does not. The other bench looked more comfotable. As for the couch, the leather and orange did look nicer, but I'm sure maintaining the leather would have been a big problem. Punctures, the heat and humidity could have caused our maintanence fees to go through the roof.

All of the other changes look great!

ohhhhh i can't wait to go "home"

i wish we were going next week but alas we aren't - we'll just have to live out our dreams through everyone else's pictures and trip reports until we can go down.

ahhh jealous.

so - to all who are going before us. Take care of our home and put the toilet seat down when you leave.:rotfl2:

YEAH! They finally hid the PVC pipe in the bathroom. Took them long enough!
That was one of the things I specifically asked him to photograph! I figured people would want to see if they did anything to hide that drain pipe.

Awe I am disappointed about the leather couch!! I really liked it! I don't like the new upholstered couch, it doesn't seem to have a pattern or anything? Very blah.....

I wonder what they did with that leather couch.....

Awe I am disappointed about the leather couch!! I really liked it! I don't like the new upholstered couch, it doesn't seem to have a pattern or anything? Very blah.....

I wonder what they did with that leather couch.....
I wasn't thrilled with the leather couch for several reasons and there was just too much brown in that room. So I was hopeful when I heard they replaced it but was sorry to see they replaced it with more brown, and a darker, unattractive fabric in my opinion. But the biggest problem is that the shape of this sofa with those thin square arms just looks uncomfortable.

the old sofa while leather was very, very dark - not quite black but close to it.

the other sofa in the studio was RED - fire engine red - when nothing else in room that was red.

- there was a ton of pillows on both beds - but oh yea - housekeeping (with all their spare time) has time to put a ton of pillows on the beds - these pictures seem to understand that a little more - but probably still too many pillows.

certainly don't want a real leather sofa in Florida - with the heat and humdity - plus it is next to a window - so the heat would definitely effective it.

HATE sticky stuff that won't let go - leather in heat and humdity - definitely qualities.

Westgate has the leather sofa and those things sticky to me all the time...

I'm not too fond of the models. I get the impression that they are really trying hard to just theme these rooms to the hilt, sometimes less is more. I dislike the cabinet with the animals etched in it (it is cute, but I agree with whoever it was that said it looked like juvenile furniture), the hoofed footed table, and I really hate the tiles in the bathroom. Just too much, IMO.

I think I liked the "old" style better, but honestly, I am just so happy and excited to own there and be part of DVC, it really doesn't matter a whole lot to me what they end up doing with the furnishings! :yay: I do like to look at the pictures, though!

Thanks LisaS for sharing.

I loved the orange sofa in the studio in the 1st model as well. Thought it looked terrific with all the brown. Too bad.

I really like the new look of the rooms, and I haven't been all that impressed with what I've seen of the floorplans, pictures, etc. so far. I think the new table and bench is a big improvement over the last one. It adds a unique style to that room. I really like the storage in the studio, that's very clever to tuck the pack & play away like that. That pack & play is a huge inconvenience in the small closet of the other DVC studios. I'm happy to see the changes for the better! I'm still concerned about the lack of closet space though.

Thanks for sharing! As nice as these pictures look, I'm betting seeing the final rooms in person will leave us awe struck.

Thanks for sharing! As nice as these pictures look, I'm betting seeing the final rooms in person will leave us awe struck.

I was just thinking the same thing...

I'm sure the final designs/furnishings will change a few times before everything is settled.

The only addition I would make at this point would be to add some type of artwork in the kitchen of the 1BR....right now that wall at the end of the kitchen area is just too plain....

Lisa S: Please give DH a huge thanks for all the photos. Maybe sometime we'll run into the two of you at AKV.

The "other" Debbie

Lisa S: Please give DH a huge thanks for all the photos.
Will do! One of DH's co-workers went with him to see the model rooms. While DH was busy opening every cabinet door and closet and snapping photos, one of the DVC people went over to DH's co-worker and quietly asked him if DH worked for Disney. I guess it didn't make sense to him that a DVC member would want to take pictures of the insides of all the cupboards and drawers!

Maybe sometime we'll run into the two of you at AKV.
Sounds good. I think they should let us use the concierge lounge for DIS meets!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter