• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKV Jambo Studio - Closets?

SandyCA

Mouseketeer
I had not seen this anywhere and was wondering if the remodeled Jambo rooms (studio) will have any closet space or will is just be an armoire? TIA:goodvibes

armoire - the closet in the other section (Ka something) is very, very small - just enough room for the cleaning supplies.

I am expecting the same at Jambo.

There is an armoire in the studio according to the artist drawings of Jambo House in the packet that was sent out a month or so ago. The drawing doesn't include the bathroom or kitchenette area though.

Totally hijacking. I also noticed that the AKV studios do not have an "entranceway". I asked the guide at the models if this would be the same at Kidani. She had no idea what I was even talking about even when I showed her. I guess I've looked at one too many condo plans in my life!!!!

I know some people could care less or think "what?". However, I noticed instantly and really enjoy that part of DVC. The small area when you walk in. Not walking right into the room makes it feel more homey to me. Weird, eh? I mean that everyone has something that is really important to them.

okw is that way too - so it doesn't bother me.

the only models and the plans that disney has send is for Kidani not Jambo.

the only thing I have seem for Jambo is the architecture plans that the Lisas's have gotten.

so you may need to wait until Sept - when some of us are going.

I stole Lisa S.'s pic of one the drawings submitted to Orange County...

This is Jambo House (Unit 25). No closet is drawn in the studio portion.

81115Unit_25_Medium_Image.GIF

There is also no closet in the Master and no seperate shower. There is no entry way into the 1 bedroom. You enter right in the kitchen.

the only models and the plans that disney has send is for Kidani not Jambo.

the only thing I have seem for Jambo is the architecture plans that the Lisas's have gotten.

But there are the drawings of the studio and 1 BR sleeping areas and the living room in the brochure, right?

At least that's how I read it. The page says Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas and the subtitle is Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Vacation Homes.

It also says "These Vacation Homes are scheduled to beging opening in fall 2007." Also has the typical disclaimer "All interior images are proposed artist renderings."

And those drawings do show armoires.

But there are the drawings of the studio and 1 BR sleeping areas and the living room in the brochure, right?

At least that's how I read it. The page says Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas and the subtitle is Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Vacation Homes.

It also says "These Vacation Homes are scheduled to beging opening in fall 2007." Also has the typical disclaimer "All interior images are proposed artist renderings."

And those drawings do show armoires.

you might have gotten a different one than I did.

the only ones I have are for Kidina not Jambo. It says so underneath the layout.

The one I have has green pages on the righthand side with floor plans for Kidani Village. But the brownish pages that face them are drawings of Kidani Village lobby and of AKL Vacation Homes.:confused3

It looks like the dedicated studios in Jambo House will have a closet. Here is a floor plan for one of two dedicated studios in Unit 43. There are variations in the floor plans (due to working around structural issues in the building) so not all dedicated studios will be exactly like this one.

81115Dedicated_Studio_Medium.JPG

The one I have has green pages on the righthand side with floor plans for Kidani Village. But the brownish pages that face them are drawings of Kidani Village lobby and of AKL Vacation Homes.:confused3
Yes the artist's renderings of the master bedroom, living area and the studio on the brownish pages are for Jambo House. So the lockoff studios will have an armoire. Most/all of the dedicated studios will have a closet unless perhaps some structural element of the building precludes putting one in. I haven't studied the floor plans enough to notice whether every dedicated studio declared so far has a closet.

ETA: OK, I see that one of the dedicated studios in Unit 42 does not have a closet due to one of those structural elements I was talking about. So not every dedicated studio will have a closet.

EATA: And I see the lockoff studio in Unit 45 DOES have a closet. The connecting door between the studio and the 1BR is after the kitchenette and there is a closet near the entryway. But then Unit 45 is very strange because the tub in the master bath is in a different place as well -- very strange layout.

EATA: And I see the lockoff studio in Unit 45 DOES have a closet. The connecting door between the studio and the 1BR is after the kitchenette and there is a closet near the entryway. But then Unit 45 is very strange because the tub in the master bath is in a different place as well -- very strange layout.

Do you think it could be an accessible unit? Is it near an elevator?

Thanks to everyone who responded - special thanks to you Lisa:goodvibes. Your information is always so helpful. The closet/no closet is not a big deal and certainly not going to ruin my stay, was just curious. I would like someplace to hang all those clothes my sister and I will bring ( we are such overpackers).:rotfl:

I can't wait until our trip - come on September!:hourglass

Do you think it could be an accessible unit? Is it near an elevator?
That is what I thought when I first looked at it. The master bath is rearranged and instead of a sliding door to the balcony off the master bedroom, there is a door that opens out. The kitchen is laid out a little differently as well. There is something labeled "MW" (microwave?) that is across the room from the rest of the kitchen (which isn't fully drawn in on this floor plan). So it had some elements that made me think it might be an accessible unit. But there is no roll-in shower. :confused3 So I'm not sure what is going on with this particular villa. It is close to an elevator.
81115AKV_Unit_45_V2.JPG

ok im going back and forth with akv and ssr, what is the diffrnets between all the houses..ive seen like sevrel diffrent names for houses in the vills akv. and do any open in dec 08 or any time in 08??

okay I know no ones probably knows this one - anyway

aren't the clothes to go in the armoire regardless.

the closets that I saw in the models (and yes I know this is not the models) were smaller than the other DVC closest and they have the cleaning stuff in them. so they were full.

aren't the clothes to go in the armoire regardless.

the closets that I saw in the models (and yes I know this is not the models) were smaller than the other DVC closest and they have the cleaning stuff in them. so they were full.
Yes, the closet in the model studio was really a broom closet. The ones in the Jambo floor plans look larger, but I agree with you that once they stuff the high chair, vacuum cleaner, etc. in there, there won't be much room left for clothes.

ok im going back and forth with akv and ssr, what is the diffrnets between all the houses..ive seen like sevrel diffrent names for houses in the vills akv. and do any open in dec 08 or any time in 08??

Some villas in Jambo House (AKL) will open next month. More sections will come online as they're finished.

Kidani Village which is the new DVC only building is scheduled to open in early 2009.

LisaS,accessible rooms can have tubs as that fits the needs of some. In BCV I think 1/2 of the accessible studios are configured with a tub. From our experiences with accessible rooms at the Polynesian over the years, I'd guesstimate 1/2 of those have tubs as well.

ok well i tryed lol no luck they wont sell deeds to that proprety yet. maintnce fees would start in sep or when i buy in

LisaS,accessible rooms can have tubs as that fits the needs of some. In BCV I think 1/2 of the accessible studios are configured with a tub. From our experiences with accessible rooms at the Polynesian over the years, I'd guesstimate 1/2 of those have tubs as well.
Then perhaps it is an accessible villa. Then need to have some available from the start and this particular unit is in the July '07 phase of the resort. I just wish they had the kitchen drawn out fully because it looks a bit different. It looks like the microwave is opposite the stove rather than above it, so perhaps it's located at a more convenient height for guests who use wheelchairs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter