AKV maps available on sales site

NorCalTim

Pluto’s Pup
This may be changing by the minute but I noticed the new resort maps available on the sales site and not yet on the members site. It shows all of the 3 phases for the existing AKL conversion. I'm not allowed to post the link yet but just go to the sales site and check out the AKV section under maps and I'm sure someone else can post the map here.

I just checked out the DVC member site, and they have a short preview clip, as well as the map of the entire resort, and floorplans for the different rooms. I can't wait to see it in a few years!

Wow...the more I see, the happier I am with our purchase.

One interesting thing: Note on the maps it lists a piece opening in JULY of '07. Maybe the time tables got pushed back...??

My understanding was the first stays would start on Sept. 1st. If July 1st is the new date that's news to me.

OMG, NO NEO-ANGLE HOT TUBS IN THE SUITES!!??? What are they thinking?!

Well, I guess it's back to dreaming of staying in the Royal Assante Suite someday! I know for a fact that Disney does read these boards, so I can only hope they see my RANT and bop their architects on their heads and knock some sense into them!

okay using the map - no value rooms until May, 2008 - or am I confusing value and standard rooms again?

boy the new AKV resort sure looks big - I mean AKL looks small in comparison - and it is certainly not small at all.

Wow, it's going to be a big resort. Parking is a long way away, especially if you're at the far end of the building.

I can't wait to see pics of the pool area.

Parking is a long way away, especially if you're at the far end of the building.

I can't wait to see pics of the pool area.

Parking is under the building. So depends if it has lots of elevators like VB - then parking won't be a big problem. If as the other plans the only elevators are in the main building (in the middle) then parking could be a BIG problem.

Anyone else notice when looking at the map the two buildings together form a hidden mickey !?!?!

Alright I was looking for a good reason to add on here , thats good enough for me!

okay using the map - no value rooms until May, 2008 - or am I confusing value and standard rooms again?
Based on a lot of guesses and rumors that have been floating around, I think that there will be value studios in the first phase, which will have savanna views. The first phase also includes some pool view rooms, so I would also expect this phase to include studio, 1BR and 2 BR standard rooms.

I think you are right that the only 1BR and 2BR value rooms will be in the 3rd phase and overlook the parking area. Of course, it also looks like the club rooms will also roll out in this 3rd phase.

-- Suzanne

So when the "real" AKV building opens, will the converted rooms at AKL still be AKV? Aren't they planning 2 separate check in desks? Seems like that might be a bit confusing.

Are they planning concierge for the new building, or just for the rooms they are making over right now?

once the main DVC building opens - check in will be there - at least that is what I am understanding - so could be wrong.

the Concierge will only be in the current lodge - what is being make up now.

I guess what confuses me is that there is this lack of clarity about what the room categories mean. Are they mutually exclusive, or do they overlap? In other words, can a value room be found with both a standard view and a savannah view? Or does a savannah view automatically mean a unit is not a value unit? And does a parking lot view automatically make a room a value unit? :confused:

If "value" is strictly a function of size, then it seems to me that almost all of the Jambo rooms, being smaller, would fall into that category, regardless of view. It would be great if that were the case, since there would be a good supply of value choices! :thumbsup2

However, I have no real clue that that is the case. Does anybody? :confused3

So when the "real" AKV building opens, will the converted rooms at AKL still be AKV? Aren't they planning 2 separate check in desks? Seems like that might be a bit confusing.

Are they planning concierge for the new building, or just for the rooms they are making over right now?

I don't think they can take the "converted rooms" back and make them AKL rooms again. Atleast not for 50 years. Because the deaded property they are selling now is in the AKL.

I'm not a contract/realstate lawyer, but that is the sort of thing that if they did it, I would think would HAVE to be written into the dead.

I believe they will do one of two things. Either be very upfront with you, about where to check-in or they will use a single DVC check-in and load you into the golf cart and drive you over to Jambo house if that is where your room is.

From what's been published so far, it appears the concierge rooms will only be at AKL/Jambo house.

johno

The thing I still can't tell is whether the new building will be within walking distance of the hotel, or would you have to use a bus/other transportation to use its amenities? If requested would getting in the hotel building be guaranteed, or only a preference?

The new Vacation Magic said two full baths in the 1BDR. The room floorplan on the member website confirms this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter