AKV maps available on sales site

The thing I still can't tell is whether the new building will be within walking distance of the hotel, or would you have to use a bus/other transportation to use its amenities? If requested would getting in the hotel building be guaranteed, or only a preference?
The map shows a sidewalk from the end of the new building to the main entrance of the Lodge building. If you're in the lower end of the new building it won't be far to walk. If you're in the last villa at the far end of the new building, it looks like a good way to walk off those big dinners at Boma!

The new Vacation Magic said two full baths in the 1BDR. The room floorplan on the member website confirms this.
The floor plan on the website is for the 1BRs in Kidani Village and those villas will have the second bathroom. The 1BR villas in Jambo House (the Lodge) will not have a second bathroom.

I guess what confuses me is that there is this lack of clarity about what the room categories mean. Are they mutually exclusive, or do they overlap? In other words, can a value room be found with both a standard view and a savannah view? Or does a savannah view automatically mean a unit is not a value unit? And does a parking lot view automatically make a room a value unit? :confused:

If "value" is strictly a function of size, then it seems to me that almost all of the Jambo rooms, being smaller, would fall into that category, regardless of view. It would be great if that were the case, since there would be a good supply of value choices! :thumbsup2

However, I have no real clue that that is the case. Does anybody? :confused3

The value rooms are the converted smaller AKL rooms that are on the ostrich and giraffe trails, and perhaps the lobby rooms on the 5th floor. These are the smaller trails (or hallways) that are on each side of the entry and flank the parking lot. The value rooms will have either a savanna(h), pool or parking lot (they like to call this garden) view.

I would think it would be an even split between the three views.

Did anyone notice that the giraffe trail has more area included on the member web site map then we had seen on the documents submitted to Orange County Comptroller? Hummm... what is correct?

Anyone else notice when looking at the map the two buildings together form a hidden mickey !?!?!

Alright I was looking for a good reason to add on here , thats good enough for me!

I will have to check that out! Okay, I have to say two words: "Fields Paaahk"! I live in FL and have for ten years, but this is my way of soothing my homesickness...by talking with my "homeboys!":offtopic:

So if you're in the far end (top from the lobby center) of Kidani Village, exactly where are you parking your car? I don't see where I car drives in under the building from there.

Also, to get to the pool you have to walk along the entrance road/parking lot?

Why is it the more I learn about AKV the less I like it.

EDITED TO ADD: If the map is drawn to scale, it looks like the distance from the nearest Kidani walkway to the AKL lobby is .2 miles. From lobby to lobby looks like around .5 miles. Not so far off from SSR distances.

So if you're in the far end (top from the lobby center) of Kidani Village, exactly where are you parking your car? I don't see where I car drives in under the building from there.

EDITED TO ADD: If the map is drawn to scale, it looks like the distance from the nearest Kidani walkway to the AKL lobby is .2 miles. From lobby to lobby looks like around .5 miles. Not so far off from SSR distances.

Valet? That's where I'd park mine! :drive: :rotfl2:

Valet? That's where I'd park mine! :drive: :rotfl2:

Ditto. :)

But also.....I'm assuming the first floor lots will have paved "roads" between the spaces (like a parking garage)..so you'd enter the "structure" from another area and drive your car to the area under your unit. All that assuming multiple elevators through the resort...

I have no clue. The more I learn about AKV the more I love it. We're really looking forward to staying there in December. Sometimes I'm amazed at the things people find to complain about. We'll be staying in a beautifull resort amidst all kinds of amazing wildlife in the center of Florida. What more could you want.

I'm wondering about that area of the map, too.

It's the same color as "paved" area, so it's probably road, but....could it be the basketball/shuffleboard/tennis court area?

I ask only because, while those are listed under the resorts amenities/recreation section on the DVC site...I don't see them on the map.

I want big tubs like the rest of the DVC's! So, I'm wary, too. But, twist my arm, I'll stay there!

I looked at the parking issue a bit when the diagrams were posted regarding the water mangement.

It looks like the main entrance to the under 'ground' parking (I know this is really ground level) is between the 3rd and 4th new building segment from the lodge. Around the top of the southern (lower) Mickey ear. You can see a walk way to the tennis courts here. From this entrance you can go under the whole length of the building There are 3 outside parking lots that can be entered from the 'under ground' parking area, and in the case of the two near that first Mickey ear from the parking entrance.

The parking situation I find interesting is the parking lot between the building and the pool. From the drawings I had seen previously you could only enter this parking lot from under the building. There was no other entrance. I also thought it was strange to have a parking lot between the building and pool. Not exactly the view you think of with a pool view. Disney is good at camouflage so maybe it won't be too bad.

What I have heard from my guide is that there will be check-in at both buildings. I am assuming that this means they would have different room catagories for the room types that are in both (SV & Std.V Lock-offs)

Value room will only be in the lodge. They are the converted rooms on the ostrich and giraffe trails. They may have savannah, pool or garden view (aka parking lot view).

What I have heard from my guide is that there will be check-in at both buildings. I am assuming that this means they would have different room catagories for the room types that are in both (SV & Std.V Lock-offs)

Which would work fine...provided the points cost stays the same across room type, for exmple Sav 1br in the lodge = Sav 1br in the new building. I think it probably will. At this point, people have purchased their points with the existing points chart in mind and if they DRASTICALLY changed the charts for Kidani rooms...methinks there would be some very angry members.

Again I'm not Lawyer. But the contracts don't say anything about the new building being any different than Jambo house. And the only changes they can make in the chart is to "move" points around, in room categories (if they make a room type more expensive in one season they have to make it cheaper in another season.)

So I don't think there will be any point chart shake up.

johno

Again I'm not Lawyer. But the contracts don't say anything about the new building being any different than Jambo house. And the only changes they can make in the chart is to "move" points around, in room categories (if they make a room type more expensive in one season they have to make it cheaper in another season.)

So I don't think there will be any point chart shake up.

johno

I suspect that's the case.

But this is sorta new territory, I think. They've not done anything like this before...so I'm not sure what they're bound by when working out of 2 different physical buildings with slightly different layouts. IF, indeed, they add a different booking category, after the first phase in the existing lodge opens..does that "count" toward the rule of not changing total points in a resort? I don't know.

Like I said, I suspect nothing will change. There will likely be 2 booking categories (Jambo and Kidani) that happen to cost the same # of points.

I do wonder, given how "complicated" the existing points chart already is (relatively). if DVC will want to complicate it more. Or if building will be a request and you're notified either at booking or at some point prior to arrival which building you're in. I'd PREFER the more "complicated" route of creating a seperate category and I THINK that's what will happen because it makes the most sense and would, IMHO, lead to the best guest experience. But we'll see. It's going to be interesting to see how they handle it....

I apologize if someone has already posted the map, but here it is (again). This is from the Disney AKV site.

9488AKVmap.jpg

Actually, thanks for posting, cuz this is the first I've had to get a gander at this...

I am ABSOLUTELY BLOWN AWAY at the sheer size of this place! Wow.

Wouldn't Walt just be tickled pink? ("Kinda fund to do the impossible!")

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter