AKV point chart on DVC members' website!

The online AKV point chart has been updated. Looks like the errors reported here have been corrected.... and.... the single column of GV points is now labeled as Savannah View.

I've occasionally reserved 2 studios for the same week at BWV and haven't had a problem doing it. Why would that be a problem at AKV?:confused3 Or am I not reading your question correctly?

I don't know - we're new members & I just wondered if there was some rule about it that I hadn't read in the handbook - since doing it like that saves a lot of pts. but it still accomplishes the ability to have 8 ppl...I thought maybe the DVC would have put a ban on doing something like that. I don't know...it almost seemed like being able to do that would be a little too slick for them to allow - you know, like how airlines won't give you more freq. flyer miles on a flight if you're already flying on miles. I just thought there might be some silly rule about not being able to do it. My question really wasn't specific just to AKV - just a question I was thinking about as I read over the pt. chart for AKV & compared the diff. categories to see what we can do with our pts. one day. I like knowing there's a choice of room views - that's awesome...and the duel studio idea is prob. something we'll try sometime. :thanks:

I don't know...it almost seemed like being able to do that would be a little too slick for them to allow - you know, like how airlines won't give you more freq. flyer miles on a flight if you're already flying on miles. I just thought there might be some silly rule about not being able to do it.
All they care about is that you stay within the occupancy rules. Two studios with four people in each studio is within the rules so you're OK.

While two studios and one 2BR can each accommodate 8 people, the similarities end there. If you opt for two studios you will use fewer points but you also get less since each studio has one queen bed and one full-size sofa bed, a kitchenette with a microwave, toaster and coffeemaker with no separation of the living area and the sleeping area. A 2BR provides 50% more living space than two studios and offers a king bed in the master bedroom, a queen-size sleeper sofa in the living area, a jacuzzi tub, a full kitchen and a washer and dryer and a studio as the second bedroom. To use your airline analogy, it's like comparing the space and amenities in coach vs first class.

So by booking two studios you aren't "getting away with something" but rather making a decision to use your points more frugally, and that's completely within the rules! And it is a good defense against addonitis, which usually strikes after you stay in a 1BR or 2BR villa for the first time. It's very hard to give up the space, the king bed and the jacuzzi and go back to a studio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter