Alaska or Bust!

ImTooExcitedToSleep

DIS Veteran
Staff member
Hi all!!

I'm currently heading to Vancouver to catch the Disney Wonder on Tuesday for a 7-day cruise to Alaska.

This is vacation, so I won't be blogging every minute (though I might sneak in a blog or two), but I will try to post updates and pictures on my Facebook page (see link below). For those non-Facebook types (and you know who you are), I'll post here as much as I can.

We're driving up from Fresno to Vancouver, BC...not sure why we thought it was a good idea, but there's no turning back now.

The trip is around 1,100 miles each way. :scared1:

We drove about 700 miles of that today up to Eugene, Oregon and are currently holed up in a Motel 6. We'll head the rest of the way up tomorrow, spending the night in Vancouver before the cruise.

We're meeting some of my wife's family (we all left at different times) up in Vancouver. Including us, there are 10 in our group.

There will be around 85 DISers onboard, including around 50 in the FE group (19 cabins). It should be a fun and relaxing cruise and I can't wait for it to begin.

More later.

Tom

Have a MARVELOUS time! I'm looking forward to your report!

Have a safe drive!

Sayhello

As we entered Oregon, the cloud layer was very low...

photo3.jpg

...so of course, West had to open the window and "touch the clouds".
photo2.jpg

This cruise is incredible!!! Have a great time. If you get the chance, Whale Watching in Juneau was amazing.

Have a great time Tom! I'm sure it's going to be amazing. I can't wait to hear about it.

We stayed in Vancouver for 2 days before our cruise, got the Pan Pacific on hotwire - great deal.

We love Vanoucer, even though it was overcast and drizzly both days.

We loved our Alaska Cruise. We spent the entire afternoon on our balcony when we cruised up Tracy Arm. Georgous.

We're here in Vancouver!

We have a 10am shuttle scheduled tomorrow morning to the port. Woo hoo!

I'll try to update a bit more later.

We've dropped off three carloads of passengers (and luggage) and the drivers are back at the hotel waiting for the shuttle.

Got a glimpse of the ship. She looks...um... Wonderful. :)

You are probably boarding the ship now or having lunch.

Bon Voyage!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter