alert john and kevin starting feb 15 at mk they will be rolling out new kid meals

Holy cow.....now that is a FAST response to this week's show! I wonder how they got all the food made and pictures taken so quick? :laughing:

From the pictures those items looks pretty good! I wouldn't mind a few of them for my meal. Hopefully they are good quality and the new options will go park wide. :thumbsup2

They look good plus they also look simple and something kids will like and is healthy. well they made them look fancy but at the same time not making them something kids wouldn't eat.

I guess the chef in mk didn't want to be known as the little happy crab cake chef like the coral reef chef.

Finaly!! My Ds really is not a fan of nuggets' he likes real chicken but not a nugget. Probably because I did not give it to him much,

My son does. Well he eats whole wheat and rye, he does not know what white bread is, we have never given it to him.

it not whole wheat bread it is mickeys very special bread that he eats every with his power cheese. it called the big cheese special he needs a lot of energy to run that park it not easy have donald and goofy as employees and keeping minnie happy. That why their no wifi in the parks he to afraid she be online and ordering things off amazon.

and what about the families that only eat white bread? First they bring in whole wheat hamburger bus now they do this. Why does theme park food have to be good for you.

These look great - DD would eat almost any of it, but she's not too picky. She loves multi-grain bread (and white bread too). Hopefully this is a jumping off point to start upgrading the counter service options too.

I loved this week's segment!

DD would pick any of those choices over processed nuggets and mac and cheese (which, for the record, should be a side and not a meal). She eats whole grains at home and would prefer whole wheat bread to white bread, given a choice. I appreciate the start at some choices on the kids menu. We started letting her select from the whole menu when she was 8, and she often shared with us before that. At times, she chooses a kids meals, but she is just as likely to pick an adult entree.

and what about the families that only eat white bread? First they bring in whole wheat hamburger bus now they do this. Why does theme park food have to be good for you.

The problem with the whole wheat rolls are that they are just a BAD example of whole wheat. You can get whole wheat buns, rolls, and bread that really don't have a ton of texture differences then the white versions (aka, that are soft). Previously, they only had white bread options... so, those families that only ate whole wheat couldn't have their preferred choice either.

Awesome! These look great-hope they are good in reality (sometimes disney's execution falls short of their vision when it comes to food).

My kids probably prefer white bread but rarely get it at home. I don't think white bread kids are being discriminated against-sheesh, just don't get a sandwich.

I was thinking about this myself, why is it important that theme park food be healthy?

Clearly at home on a day in and day out basis it's important parents and their kids eat healthy, but a week long trip worth of less healthy eating isn't going to hurt anyone.

For example, my wife likes veggie burgers, but she hardly orders them because instead of having an ordinary white bread bun like normal hamburgers, they almost always have some terrible whole wheat/multi grain bun that she doesn't care for.

Awesome! These look great-hope they are good in reality (sometimes disney's execution falls short of their vision when it comes to food).

My kids probably prefer white bread but rarely get it at home. I don't think white bread kids are being discriminated against-sheesh, just don't get a sandwich.

I don't think they are being discriminated against either, but I'm a big sandwich person. I love the darn things and don't see why they couldn't offer both. Most anywhere that offers sandwiches offers a choice of bread. The only kind of bread I really don't like is whole grain, I realize this is counter service, but how hard would it be to offer white or wheat? I hated the wheat buns they were serving at Casey's, they were awful and fell apart. I read they have gone back to soft white buns, but for those who like the wheat, why couldn't it be an option?

Finaly!! My Ds really is not a fan of nuggets' he likes real chicken but not a nugget. Probably because I did not give it to him much,

My kids have always been nugget fans, and it's hard to get my youngest to eat anything but, but when they won't even eat the kids chicken nuggets that are served at WDW, there is something seriously wrong with them.

My kids have always been nugget fans, and it's hard to get my youngest to eat anything but, but when they won't even eat the kids chicken nuggets that are served at WDW, there is something seriously wrong with them.

right now it only at mk and only those four listed they each have their own so you have to go to them all to taste them. I am thinking it a test to see if kids like them and if they can make money so may be they see which one is more popular and then expanded it to more restaurants.

I think we have to give disney some credit over these changes and give them a chance before we start complaining. it your kids try them and don't like it please let them know but if you like it also try and let them know you like them because if guest tell them they like it might make them change all kids choice to better ones. I know some don't like the idea of whole wheat bread but i think it better then not doing anything or what they have now.

right now it only at mk and only those four listed they each have their own so you have to go to them all to taste them. I am thinking it a test to see if kids like them and if they can make money so may be they see which one is more popular and then expanded it to more restaurants.

I think we have to give disney some credit over these changes and give them a chance before we start complaining. it your kids try them and don't like it please let them know but if you like it also try and let them know you like them because if guest tell them they like it might make them change all kids choice to better ones. I know some don't like the idea of whole wheat bread but i think it better then not doing anything or what they have now.

It actually looks like they are trying to add back some uniqueness to the kids meals...but my youngest probably wouldn't eat any of those choices either. She might do the grilled cheese, but as mentioned earlier, not if it's on that bread. Nuggets are the default for her, and having them available everywhere is good for her for an option - but not the ones they've been serving for several years. You'd think that WDW could spend the extra 25 cents a serving and get decent ones...

It actually looks like they are trying to add back some uniqueness to the kids meals...but my youngest probably wouldn't eat any of those choices either. She might do the grilled cheese, but as mentioned earlier, not if it's on that bread. Nuggets are the default for her, and having them available everywhere is good for her for an option - but not the ones they've been serving for several years. You'd think that WDW could spend the extra 25 cents a serving and get decent ones...

your right i think the grilled chees will be the most popular minus the bread what they should do is make it with white bread but offer whole wheat if they want. i also not sure which kid will like the flat bead or the chicken from the royal table i think they went to far to the crazy side but we have to see how it tastes.

disney got grief about not having enough healthy options for kids to eat so they decided to try and make better options for kids and adults. Then the first lady teamed up with disney to promote healthy living with kids. so now they have to show they mean what they promote and make healthy food but they need to understand even though it heathy dose not mean it can't taste good.

They all look interesting, too bad they are all sit down locations which already had options like these.

My oldest daughter now 17 and my youngest now 2, would eat this in a heart beat. However my dd10 and dd 8 would never touch these in a million years. Strange how 4 related children can eat so differently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter