alert john and kevin starting feb 15 at mk they will be rolling out new kid meals

They all look interesting, too bad they are all sit down locations which already had options like these.

My oldest daughter now 17 and my youngest now 2, would eat this in a heart beat. However my dd10 and dd 8 would never touch these in a million years. Strange how 4 related children can eat so differently.

i think the reason they are doing it a sit downs is for one they can see if they are a hit better then quick service. because if you don't like it at a seat down their a better chance they get feed back then quick service. so after a couple months and they see which one guest like better then bring it into quick service. but i have to say the one that would be brought into quick service is the grilled cheese due to it being easy to cook and in the long run will make them more money. i bet soon other parks will be rolling out new ones the chefs take pride in their place and don't like to be shown up by fellow chefs. they want to best and have bragging rights so i am sure the other chefs at the other parks will be coming up new options to compete. I think it nice to have a little healthy competition between them as long as the guest wins in the long run.

I want to eat that grilled chicken and cous cous plate! That looks good. And the grilled cheese dippers! I hope they will let adults try them to show that some older people want that amount of food instead of the other junk!

I definitely am not one that thinks everything my kids eat needs to be healthy, especially when on vacation. However, we're on the West Coast, so when we travel to WDW, it's for more than a week. Eating three meals a day of processed crap is more than I want, plus my kids definitely start feeling it (as would I) if they eat nothing but junk food for meal after meal-especially when we're also eating more sugar than normal (all those Mickey Ears and more soda than they would normally get, etc).

I definitely wish that they were offering these at counter service menus, as we do that much more often than table service, both due to the money and due to the fact that table service dining is not a lot of fun with a toddler along. However, since we have never done the dining plan, what we will more typically do is split an adult entree for the kids (which ends up being cheaper than two kids' meals, anyway).

I really do appreciate the changes they have made to TS choices but I would love to see more fun, healthy choices added to the QS menus. My kids end up eating nearly the same thing for lunch every single day of our vacation.

It sounds like the Disneyland QS meals for kids are pretty great, couldn't they duplicate some of those in Florida? A mix and match menu with a fruit, a veggie, a salty/crunchy snack, a protein and a treat would appeal to my little ones (kind of like a healthy version of those dreaded Lunchables).

While we are far from a good role model when it comes to food in general, we did have our kids grow up on whole wheat bread.

We are not crazy healthy, but my kids only eat whole wheat bread, tortillas, pasta, etc. I made the switch before they were born (my husband complained for years) so that's what they know. I don't expect vacation food to be super healthy, but it would be nice to have some healthy options since we'll be there for a week or more.

100% whole wheat bread is a whole 'nother thing than the cruddy "wheat" buns that Disney was passing off as healthy. Real whole wheat does have some density and texture to it...not just carmel food coloring in bleached flour.

It would certainly be nice if they did offer a choice. Most sandwiches I prefer with whole wheat, but my hot dogs and burgers? Forgeddabout it! ;)

Glad to hear that Casey's is going back to real hot dog buns! :thumbsup2

By the way...I don't think that even my most adventurous eater (oldest DS) would have gone for BBQ chicken and pineapple flatbread. Not sure that I would either!

Why does theme park food have to be good for you.

:confused3
Why shouldn't theme park food be healthy?

We raise our kids to make good choices. Then, we go on vacation and throw all the rules out the window????
Wash your hands, be polite, exercise, eat good foods.

Just because you're on vacation shouldn't mean "life rules" don't apply.

Children grow up to eat and like foods they are given. My kids (now in their 20's) grew up eating whole grain breads, sushi, fresh vegetables, etc.
Sure- they also like mac & cheese, hot dogs (all beef, kosher please- less skeevy! ;)). When they got into grade school and saw what other kids were eating, they started asking for McDonald's and such. Those were rare treats- and they liked them too.
In high school - I think they made some pretty poor food choices when with friends. And in college- geez- I don't even want to think about it! :rotfl:

But my oldest is now home again and is making excellent choices and learning to cook wonderful dishes with plenty of veggies. He has come full circle.

I am certainly not a good role model- I do not practice what I preach very well. :sad2:

BUT- I do think that CHOICES should be available and that people who want to eat well while on vacation should be allowed to make those choices- whether table service or counter service.
If other parents want their kids to eat burgers, fries and mac & cheese every day- sure- they can make that choice too. But don't make ALL of us live that way.

I think the new options look yummy and appealing for all ages. I hope they do well and spread out to more locations.

(...stepping off soapbox :flower3:)

100% whole wheat bread is a whole 'nother thing than the cruddy "wheat" buns that Disney was passing off as healthy. Real whole wheat does have some density and texture to it...not just carmel food coloring in bleached flour.

It would certainly be nice if they did offer a choice. Most sandwiches I prefer with whole wheat, but my hot dogs and burgers? Forgeddabout it! ;)

Glad to hear that Casey's is going back to real hot dog buns! :thumbsup2

By the way...I don't think that even my most adventurous eater (oldest DS) would have gone for BBQ chicken and pineapple flatbread. Not sure that I would either!
I think that and the one thy will serve at royal table will be the least favorite choices but you never know it might taste good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter