All About Fixed Weeks (RIV/CCV/AUL/VGF/POLY Charts)

It is a little scary MS is this behind booking week 49 considering members can have check-in dates starting 12/4 and ending 12/11 which overlaps 3 days of week 49.
For sure.
Honestly I would actually like the change where they dont book your FW until at 11 months because it would give you more flexibility to try and get a different room.
So with my VGF Resort Studio Wk49 as an example, if MS books FW at 11mo, I could try to walk a SV Studio or even R SV a period of time ahead with the FW points, potentially saving 10%?
That was MS speak for we flubbed.

Booking for my week 49 happened 1 month before the check in, Dec 8th, as it should. A couple of years ago I had to call when it hadn't shown up yet and was getting

close like yours. It had been missed. Lesson learned - they can and do miss them. Normally you just get an email confirmation approx 12 months out from the check in. If you aren't seeing it then you need to call as you did. Glad you got it taken care of in time.
I called yesterday and was told ⬇️
My FW49 has not been booked yet for 2024 either. I just called and they said it should show up in the next couple days, so we’ll see what happens!9
Do you also have a FW50?

For those who got the email 1-mo ago, did they wait till the later FW to book?

For sure.

So with my VGF Resort Studio Wk49 as an example, if MS books FW at 11mo, I could try to walk a SV Studio or even R SV a period of time ahead with the FW points, potentially saving 10%?
Up until they book the fixed week you are able to book with the points and in that case they won't book the fixed week. Or if they have booked the week you can call anytime and ask them to cancel and give you the points to book whatever/whenever you want.

Oh - and the year my week mine was missed in being booked, others were too until they called.

An Aulani subsidized, fixed week #7, 2 bedroom ocean view resale contract was just posted today. 485 Points for 110/pt. September use year. If only I had been to Aulani already and knew I loved it I might just bite, but man that is a lot of points.

An Aulani subsidized, fixed week #7, 2 bedroom ocean view resale contract was just posted today. 485 Points for 110/pt. September use year. If only I had been to Aulani already and knew I loved it I might just bite, but man that is a lot of points.
So tempting, FW7 is closest to President's day weekend, but because this 4 day weekend spans Sunday, it is not optimal...ever. Oh what I wouldn't give for a Wed to Wed FW at Aulani.

Oh, man. If I hand the cash available, I would buy that in a heartbeat. But that's a lot of available cash needed...

My FW49 has not been booked yet for 2024 either. I just called and they said it should show up in the next couple days, so we’ll see what happens!
Checked online this morning and still no booking. 😢

Has yours shown up yet, @Jmla32?

It was not there this morning. I did an online chat around 11am EST and was told they are working on them and if it doesn’t show up by next Monday to reach back out. I got an email 1 hour later that it was booked!

It was not there this morning. I did an online chat around 11am EST and was told they are working on them and if it doesn’t show up by next Monday to reach back out. I got an email 1 hour later that it was booked!
Still nada for me.

I called yesterday and was reassured by CM that they will get to me.

When CM was talking, she pretty much confirmed what others mentioned, that our FW is set aside even if it gets booked after 11-mo window opens.

Still nada for me.

I called yesterday and was reassured by CM that they will get to me.

When CM was talking, she pretty much confirmed what others mentioned, that our FW is set aside even if it gets booked after 11-mo window opens.
Good to know! Before mine was booked, I did try to book a random open date in December and it was trying to use my Dec 25 points so I figured since the Dec24 points weren’t an option I was hoping it was due to the FW being in progress.

Call and have a manager do it while you are on hold. Only certain people can actually manually do it. It has to be a manager.
Wish I hadn't missed your reply before I made my 3rd call.
Third call last week to MS. Again they put me on hold for a few minutes to talk with manager. Again they came back and re-assured me that it will happen...guaranteed. "Unfortunately I don't have a timeline for you, but my manager says not to worry, it is guaranteed!".

I guess I'll just wait it out.

Out of curiosity, what is the latest anyone has had their FW booked for them? 10 months, 9 months, 6 months???

Third call last week to MS. Again they put me on hold for a few minutes to talk with manager. Again they came back and re-assured me that it will happen...guaranteed. "Unfortunately I don't have a timeline for you, but my manager says not to worry, it is guaranteed!".

Out of curiosity, what is the latest anyone has had their FW booked for them? 10 months, 9 months, 6 months???
I want to say that I had one that was only booked 1-2 weeks before the date opened for everyone.

I hope you're taking receipts of the people you're talking to :X

I would think these weeks would just be booked automatically each year. Surprised to hear it has to be done with a CM.

It is a consequence of the FW/GW contract amount usually being different than the points required to self-book the room. Supervisor level person needed to override since they clear out extra points or add on if the contract is short.

It was designed to be a 10% premium but with the revised points charts, many of the fall/December weeks are more points so one actually pays a premium to self-book certain weeks!

Never this late!

I would think these weeks would just be booked automatically each year. Surprised to hear it has to be done with a CM.
I would think so too...
It is a consequence of the FW/GW contract amount usually being different than the points required to self-book the room. Supervisor level person needed to override since they clear out extra points or add on if the contract is short.

It was designed to be a 10% premium but with the revised points charts, many of the fall/December weeks are more points so one actually pays a premium to self-book certain weeks!
...but this makes sense.
Never this late!
Three times they said, "not to worry, it is guaranteed".

Three times they said, "not to worry, it is guaranteed".
Wait, are you STILL waiting for your FW to appear? And your FW is Week 50?
But owners can now book Week 52 as of today...

I personally would be losing my mind. I'm hoping they have the week on hold, and just haven't finalized it, because if not someone else who thinks they have their trip in week 52 is not going to be happy when Disney tells them they've overbooked the resort and need to move them...

Wait, are you STILL waiting for your FW to appear? And your FW is Week 50?
But owners can now book Week 52 as of today...

I personally would be losing my mind. I'm hoping they have the week on hold, and just haven't finalized it, because if not someone else who thinks they have their trip in week 52 is not going to be happy when Disney tells them they've overbooked the resort and need to move them...
FW49 - VGF Resort Studio
FW50 - RIV Standard Studio

Booked today by MS "as promised" 2/7/2024...finally!

What MS said over the phone the three times I called starting end of Dec 2023 and most recently 1/28/2024: "My manager said, Don't worry, your weeks are guaranteed and they WILL be booked."

They kept their word!

Curious to hear others thoughts on this one: I've decided to buy ~150 pt direct at Riv and to make it a FW. In the near-term, we'll be using these points exclusively for our August trips.

While we do go the same week in August YoY, is buying it for that week (which is the point of a FW) a waste vs. buying a more in demand week/using the points for August (but having a more desired hedge if I ever had to sell).

I have talked myself into/out of both scenarios so welcome all opinions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter