"All Hands on Deck"

finfans said:
I want to hear more about these Yummy cookies. Are the Chocolate chip or some other kind? And how many in an order? and are they average size, big or HUGE?
They most definatly have Chocolate chip cookies - they may have others, but why bother if there's chocolate chip cookies around :teeth: Now for the size. Are they Huge no, if you mean "monster cookie" size (6" in diameter). But hey, they usually are about four inches in diameter. And when they are warm they are heavenly :angel: . After they've sat out for a little while and cooled down they are just in the AWESOME range! :tongue:

We also thought the cheese tray was so-so. We loved the pizza & my dd's uncrustables pb&j sandwich though! ;) We started ordering the pb&j's for OUR afternoon snack, since we had late seating!

I was under the impression by the way many Dissers "raved" about it, that it was something above and beyond the norm.

The cheese plate reminded me of the dole whip raves LOL. After reading how wonderful and delicious it was, I was very surprised to see it was just vanilla ice cream with pine apple! It was tasty, but I expected something different and fantastic.

We'll probably get the All Hands On Deck platter, just to say we did, but it's funny how a plate of cheese and crackers with some grapes thrown in can turn into a legend!

I wouldn't expect something miraculous if I were you. Maybe our plate was on the low end of the scale, but we got about 6 ritz type crackers, a piece of blue cheese (don't like so didn't eat) some edam and gouda sliced. It was a nice snack with a glass of wine we ordered, but IMHO nothing stunning. To me the nice thing was having a snack delivered to the room to allow for some mid-afternoon downtime.

princesspumpkin said:
I ordered the All Hands on Deck platter when I got on board (because of these boards) and was highly dissapointed. A few different pieces of cheese, a few different crackers and some grapes. I don't get it!?! Even though it's free, once you've tipped, you've paid for it. I thought that it was some big elaborate cheese and cracker platter. Instead, it wasn't even enough to be considered a snack for three. Just my opinion.

We've gone on three DCL cruises. I can only say that the All Hands on Deck platter was the best on our first cruise (May 1999) we ordered one every evening (we had late seating) because it was so fabulous. There were 5 to 6 difference cheeses, 3 types of crackers, and fruit. However, since that cruise it has gone a bit down hill: 2 cheeses, 1 type of cracker and sometimes we didn't even get grapes. We never got any walnuts :( HTH

Here's a thought... We as Americans are into super-sized, all-you-can-eat type stuff... This type of room service has more of a "European flair" to it in that it's not gut-busting... maybe that's why as Americans, we're mostly overweight... all the super-sizing... :confused3
JMO

Thanks,
Paul

Thanks for the info everybody. At least I know what to expect (or what not to). Suffice to say, I am going to order the platter or two for the full Disney experience. The PBJ sandwiches and CC cookies sound good too.

We too have ordered the all hands on deck platter on different occassions and liked it, bt would not say that it was "supurb". We did enjoy it before dinner with a glass of wine on our veranda.

Kathy

I guess I am easily impressed - I loved the AHOD platter. It was really good - I thought I was HUGE! I felt badly for not eating it all (you know, all of the starving children in the world that my parents made me feel guilty about when I was younger) but I couldn't. We had 5 different cheeses, crackers and a crazy amount of grapes. Mmmmmmm.... Give me that and chocolate Mickey waffles and I am a happy camper!!

Julie

On our previous cruises, we loved the "All Hands on Deck." However, it wasn't as good on the last two trips (cheese wasn't as fresh, not as much variety). However, it forced us to find a new favorite: the grilled cheese sandwich. Nothing unusual about it, just a great sandwich. We started getting that and a cookie instead of the cheese platter.
:teeth:

Aisling-

I wouldn't go that far!! Being impressed by cheese is not much to be proud of!!

Julie

:sunny:

Count me in....I am very easily impressed by cheese and anything else that I do not have to prepare, cook or clean up!!!

MJ

mmouse37 said:
Count me in....I am very easily impressed by cheese and anything else that I do not have to prepare, cook or clean up!!!

MJ

Yeah! Cheese is great! I am also impressed by cheese! :goodvibes
Love my AHOD platter....and I have over a year to wait for my next one!
DJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter