All I can say is that Disney has spoiled me

I'm sitting here at the Chattanooga Zoo, chaperoning a field trip, which is actually my very first trip here. And all I can say is that Disney has spoiled me. :rolleyes:
Doesn't Chattanooga have their YETI exhibit up and running, yet?

So true. We used to enjoy our local Busch Gardens (in Virginia) - now when we go, we are just "meh" about it.

Disney spoiled me...for some things. But sometimes it works in reverse. I can be walking around World Showcase and think: "Paris, Rome, Florence, Venice, Athens, Mykonos, Rhodes, etc. spoiled me." Disney outshines many other places and things, but many other places and things outshine Disney.

It's so true.

I used to enjoy going to our local theme park here when I was a kid but after a change of ownership and multiple Disney trips since, I haven't returned. It just doesn't compare. Disney has spoiled me. Very much the same for fireworks too. Nothing compares.

Granted I can still enjoy Universal(HP/Simpsons is great) but still not the same °o°

These days cruising and WDW are always my go to ways of traveling.

LOL
Well, you are comparing the Chattanooga Zoo. I love Chattanooga but our zoo is barely a zoo. They mean well but it's dirt cheap to get in for a reason

The boardwalks at the MD and DE beaches are essentially intolerable after Disney.

(Rehobeth in DE is still pretty decent)

Yep. We have a pretty decent local zoo, but we are also APs and live a couple hours away from WDW. I would much rather spend a day at Animal Kingdom...

My argument is that a tank of gas is cheaper than tickets to the local zoo.

Other experiences might be on a different level than Disney, but can still be enjoyable. We have a free Zoo nearby that is actually nice, and the local ride park season pass costs less than a one day Disney pass, so cost can be a big factor for many too!

I'm less than 15 minutes from WDW property and I can't remember the last time I was there as a guest. But I'm old, so it could be a memory issue. Maybe I should go and get spoiled.

And all I can say is that Disney has spoiled me.

Same here!

I still do enjoy a day every now and again at SeaWorld but otherwise it is Disney for me.

Very much the same for fireworks too. Nothing compares.

After spending a few days at the BWI and having the pleasure of nightly Illuminations the local fireworks displays don't cut it anymore.

I can be walking around World Showcase and think: "Paris, Rome, Florence, Venice, Athens, Mykonos, Rhodes, etc. spoiled me." Disney outshines many other places and things, but many other places and things outshine Disney.

Thanks for the balance... there is a large real world out there!

Pardon me, @SL6827, do you mean the Chattanooga Zoo Zoo? :-)

On the flip side, Disney makes everything else seem sooo inexpensive. Further, I live in the DC area so pretty much anywhere I go I have reverse sticker shock. The country outside of home and Disney is so cheap!

That's interesting. I am always impressed with our local attractions when we go, including the arts, and wonder why I don't do them more often :)

That's taking the price into account of course. Something that costs $100 a day is going to be better than something that costs $20. Of course they aren't as big or as grand as WDW, but there is something sweet about them as well.

I agree with the sentiment that Disney is at least a cut or two above any similar attraction, at least any I have experienced. But.. (there's always a but) WDW is a pale shadow of what it was when Pleasure Island still operated. Not only the Adventurer's Club and the Comedy Warehouse have gone since then but also Off Kilter, WS Players and many 'StreetMosphere' performers have been cut. Obviously there's enough to keep us coming back at least once per year but Disney seems to be seeing how much they can eliminate before we vacation elsewhere.

Bill From PA

There was a meet and greet with the NHL Carolina Hurricanes this past weekend. They set up 6 different tables and had several players at each. However, the autograph session only lasted 45 minutes, so you had to prioritize which tables you wanted to stand in line for because you wouldn't get to all of them. They said they would cut off the line when it was time for the session to end.

We waited about 7 minutes in line for our 4th table when suddenly they said "Sorry, it's over. Everybody not currently getting things signed will need to leave." My immediate reaction was that "Man, this sure ain't Disney. You get in a line there and you are good." So yeah, I know what you mean OP.

I will say that I love, love, love Disney's crowd control. Weird thing to say Disney spoils you on, perhaps, but it keeps things orderly and takes stress out of queuing, moving around, etc. Other places can just be a madhouse with this stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter