~ All My Children Fans ~ What's new in Pine Valley? *Rebecca returning as Greenlee* Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

elgerber

DIS Veteran
One more thing, a little gripe. In the montage, did they have to show Cindy, Jessie and Jenny dying? Couldn't they have shown happy scenes???

MELSMICE said:
Speaking of tears - it actually looked like "Erica" was shedding some real tears when Bianca was reading the letter from Mona. I wonder if something hit home for Susan Lucci with that scene.

I was all out crying by the time Bianci starting reading the letter, much less getting to the end of it. Yes, those looked like real heartfelt tears coming out of Susan Lucci.
Oh....and I also had to call my mom last night after watching the show to say I love you. :cloud9: She said she was thinking of me when watching that scene too. Geez...I'm tearing up just typing this out.

I didn't realize yesterday was an anniversary show. It was very good. Personally, I love flashback shows and would have been quite happy if the whole show was just that. But I did enjoy the few clips they showed.

I cried so much watching the scene with the letter. Watching Erica cry (for real) was touching. The last line had me trying to save my Olay Regenerist (that stuff is expensive), but alas most of it is on my sheet where I kept wiping tears. Made me think of my own mom too. Wet sheets...gotta love it.

I loved Jessie. Maybe he could come back and "haunt Tad" (that was priceless), and help Tad straighten up JR.

Agnes Nixon looks like she has Parkinson's or something similar, and dear Ruth Warrick looks like she has had a stroke...I love her for showing up anyway.

The Anniversary show yesterday was fantastic! And I agree with the sentiments that everyone posted - Carol Burnett was wonderful (did anyone catch her "......it makes my stomach turn" line? :) ) and I was absolutely bawling when Bianca was reading the letter from Mona. So glad to see Phoebe, Nick, and Mark (and Tom! And Ruth! And Marian!), too. And so happy that Simone is back! Loved her "something has me in a baby mood" line, too! Didn't I read that Rosie O'Donnell was supposed to be a guest star on yesterday's show, too, though?

Loved everyone being happy, for at least one day (except poor JR - but at least he now knows that his son is alive. As I've said, even though he was a total jerk to everyone, over the past several months, he DOES deserve to know that his child is alive and I have developed some sympathy for him.). Loved Bianca saying that Stuart and Marian could visit Miranda any time and Myrtle encouraging Opal to "go for" Palmer! And it was great seeing Agnes Nixon, too, and her saying that everyone in town is responsible for making PV what it is, and wishing (Joe - but really all of them) another 35 years! Here's to another 35 years of AMC! :)

Whew!! I'm glad to see that I wasn't the only one bawling like a baby during yesterday's episode!! I even teared up explaining to DH what the poem at the end of the letter from Mona was. I thought the flashbacks were great, but I kind of couldn't believe they showed Jenny blowing up on the jet ski!! I also missed my Leo in the flashbacks. I wish they would have taken out Kendall and Greenlee and put in Leo, Billy Clyde Tuggle, more Angie and Jesse, and more Dixie.

Ann princess:

I know what you mean about Jenny & the jet ski...however, I was glad to see it. I finally found out what happened to her!!! They killed her off during a period when I wasn't watching & I always wondered.

I would have liked to see more of the old clips instead of all the current things ... especially things that just happened within the past 2 weeks.

Okay......I'm watching today's show and while I "sorta" felt sorry for JR....not after this episode. I realize it's the writers fault...but he's the spitting image of his father...ICK!

I'll be SO happy when Ethan finds out that he's a Cambius, then Ryan won't have to worry so much about someone trying to harm little Miranda. I'm guessing that the Jonathon storyline will be finalized during the February sweeps.

Oh Pirates mates, totally forgot about Billy Clyde oh man what a charactor he was. It was snowing here yesterday and my directtv blacked out at the last 10 minutes of the show. But I should get to see it today.

How the heck are they gonna save Babe and Jamie? I want them to stay together and to keep the baby, JR is scum and should not get the child. I can't imagine how this can have a decent ending. Adam has been scum about JR since the day he was born.

elgerber said:
How the heck are they gonna save Babe and Jamie? I want them to stay together and to keep the baby, JR is scum and should not get the child. I can't imagine how this can have a decent ending. Adam has been scum about JR since the day he was born.

Another DNA test - concluding that the first one saying that James is JR's son was wrong. The baby will probably end up being Jamie's. I'm sure that someone, somewhere switched either the samples or the results of that test, just like they did for Miranda! :rolleyes:

MELSMICE said:
Another DNA test - concluding that the first one saying that James is JR's son was wrong. The baby will probably end up being Jamie's. I'm sure that someone, somewhere switched either the samples or the results of that test, just like they did for Miranda! :rolleyes:

Stupid and far fetched as that is, I SOOOOOOOOO hope you're right!!! Not sure how though, didn't David have that test run himself? I guess they can find some way to show it was rigged. I hope so!

****Real-life couple update****

I was reading SOD in the check-out aisle (I'm too cheap to buy it..LOL!). It said the actors playing Babe & Jamie got engaged. He proposed on-set, while she thought they were taping.

Did anyone catch AMC on the news yesterday - or maybe the day before? There was a dedication of a street (actually the sign) in NYC called "All My Children Way".

There were a few other people there with Susan Lucci, but what first caught my eye was "Lily" leaning against Ian Thornhart. (Sorry, can't remember her RL name.)

That young woman does such a good job of playing her character that it momentarily surprised me to see "Lily" actually touching/being touched by someone! ;)

That's so neat, Piratesmate! I wish that I had seen that news story! And I love the story of Babe and Jamie getting engaged, Deadheadbelle - I will have to pick up that SOD! I'm such a sap for romance! :) And I'll bet that you're right about James's true parentage, Melsmice.........even though David ran that DNA test, some sneaky person may have pulled another "switcheroo" somehow (since DNA test result tampering is so common in PV!), and the baby will turn out to be Jamie's after all! Let's just hope that no one plays around with the results of Ethan's DNA test!

I thought it was very sweet when Myrtle invited Zach over to hold his niece.

I wonder if JR will try to seduce Kelly to get information out of her?

Help! We lost the last 10 minutes today for breaking news. Last I saw was Adam shut the door after Mary left. What happened at the end???

elgerber said:
Help! We lost the last 10 minutes today for breaking news. Last I saw was Adam shut the door after Mary left. What happened at the end???

JR walked into Bianca's hospital room - that's how it ended.

Also, seems as though things are getting very tense between Greenlee & Jonathan.

Did you see when Bianca & Maggie were talking - Maggie is pretty much distancing herself from Bianca. Looks like Jonathan is "working his mental magic" with her. :rolleyes:

IASW Rider said:
That's so neat, Piratesmate! I wish that I had seen that news story! ....

Here's a photo of the cast that was present.
amc_way.jpg

And here's a link in case you want to read about it.

Thanks, Piratesmate! That was so cool! I wish that I could go to that "AMC Evening on Broadway" - I had looked into getting tickets awhile ago, but it turns out that I have class on that night. Oh well! :(

I really hope that Greenlee is catching on to Jonathan - SOMEBODY has to catch on at SOME point!

Poor Bianca - the woman is just reunited with her daughter after 9 months and is recovering from a major fall, and in the mean time, everyone is pressuring her about whether or not to tell JR about his son / whether or not to "help" JR find Babe and Jamie, and now she is all worried about Maggie, too. In the immortal words of Carol Burnett: "can't they just let her be happy?" :)

Loved those scenes with Ethan and Kendall, yesterday - very steamy in the steam room! They really are a great couple! I hope that they allow THEM to stay together and be happy, too!

Don't ya'll think its high time Bianca goes home already??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter