All questions about 5X Rewards here...

I am so frustrated. I was soooo happy because I received the 5X bonus offer on ALL Gas, Groceries and Dining for April-July.

I started using the card for these purchases. Today I check my statement online and all of my gas is showing as vehicle expenses and my groceries as other at two different grocery stores. (Not Walmart, etc... these are grocery stores!)

I called in and the lady said maybe I will get an offer for the next three months that will work out better for me. Thanks for nothing Chase! It's Discover for me from now on!!

My grocery store purchases and gas purchases always show up as "other" and "vehicle expense" online, but I've never had a problem though. They always are counted correctly in the grocery and gas categories when it comes to the bonus offers.

I called and asked Chase what certain stores were showing up as on their end and they said my gas stations were showing up as fuel dispensary (which counts) and Kroger (my grocery store) was showing up groceries. That is not what my purchases said on my end in my account online though. They were showing up vehicle expenses and other on my end. Fingers crossed I will get my points. Maybe if you call they will tell you like they told me.

Thanks for the posts. I did call in and the person was no help. She just basically said too bad so sad. I don't think she even looked on her end to see what they were posted as, even though I specifically asked her to.

I will just keep my fingers crossed I guess!

I just got my first statement with the 5X on gas, food, and dining anf even though my market (Stop & Shop or Shaws) says Other I believe everything was included. My quick calculation showed $34 and I got $31 so a couple of items I thought would be included may not have been. This is a good deal and will pay for all out souvies in August!!

I just got my first statement with the 5X on gas, food, and dining anf even though my market (Stop & Shop or Shaws) says Other I believe everything was included. My quick calculation showed $34 and I got $31 so a couple of items I thought would be included may not have been. This is a good deal and will pay for all out souvies in August!!

Did you actually get the bonus points already? I called today and was told the bonus points would not be issued until 6-8 weeks after the promotion ended. I was under the impression that the points would post after each month.

Yes I did. It shows the regular reward points then on another line show the 4x. At first I thought it was wrong as it didn't say 5x but really it's 4x extra.

Yes I did. It shows the regular reward points then on another line show the 4x. At first I thought it was wrong as it didn't say 5x but really it's 4x extra.

Thanks, I'm going to call back because that is how I thought it worked.

Mu questions have probably already been discussed, but I didn't find the right posts:

Do you have to sign up for the promotion, or is it automatic?

How do you know if you have the promotion or not? Is it for everybody or only certain people?

Thanks.

Slappy, I got a card in the mail to sign up online or by phone.

And I was complaining before, but I DID in fact get my 5X bonus points even though the charges did not show up in the correct categories. So I will humbly take back some of the bad vibes I gave Chase. ;)

For those of you who's grocery shows up as "other", give them a call, and select the option to hear your last 10 transactions (it's an automated voice, but my grocery says grocery when I call, but on my statement it lists it as "other".
Not sure why the discrepancy?

Here's a great way to earn more 5X rewards. Shaws Supermarket (in the northeast) along with other markets (SuperValu and others) are having a special on GCs. Buy $100 worth and get $20 off your next order. So they have tons of cards including gas cards (which you need anyway), restaurants, Home Depot, Lowes, and Disney as well. If you have a trip to pay off this would be a great way to earn extra rewards plus get $$ for shopping!

Did you actually get the bonus points already? I called today and was told the bonus points would not be issued until 6-8 weeks after the promotion ended. I was under the impression that the points would post after each month.

I just had the same problem, called and was told the same thing. That's still before my September trip to Disney, so I'm okay. But still. There I was, expecting all my extra points. . .and they weren't there!

I just had the same problem, called and was told the same thing. That's still before my September trip to Disney, so I'm okay. But still. There I was, expecting all my extra points. . .and they weren't there!

I called back after jmpellet said that she got the points, and the second lady I talked with said I get them 6-8 weeks after each promotion month. I hope the 2nd rep was correct because then I should have the bonus points available for our July trip. I still don't understand why some people are getting them immediately.

I have to say, I got some of the bonus points already on my last statement. There was a line that said "5x Bonus Rewards Offer" and then the amount of the bonus rewards.

I got my points too. I had some regular rewards points and then the bonus ones and all together it was 101!!!! Paid off Disney and some other big stuff was purchased, school books, etc. Gave me some extra spending money for August.

Has anyone gotten any bonus postcards lately? I haven't had one since 1st quarter (or maybe it was even 4th quarter last year) and it was only 3x rewards :(

I sent about 4 e-mails to Chase before they finally responded. My e-mail was very, very clear. I would get 3x my rewards over 3K in chages. I made 8K in charges on my last billing cycle.

This is the response I got, after 4 tries!

Our records indicate the 2011

"I understand your concern regarding the 2011 2nd quarter
Spend & Get promotion required to spend $3,000.00 between
April 15 and May 15, 2011.

OUr records indicate the threshold was not met for the
April 15 to May 15, 2011; therefore no bonus Disney Dream
Rewards were earned.

The 2011 2nd quarter Spend & Get promotion offers 5 times
Disney Dream Rewards Dollars (100 max) on all gas, grocery
& dining purchases over $250 every 30/31 days (time frames
are April 15, 2011 to May 15, 2011; May 16, 2011 to June
15 2011 and June 16, 2011 to July 15, 2011. "

In other words, you were part of a different promotion from the one we sent you the paperwork for. Also, apparently, their phone representatives are lying liars who lie. I am officially LIVID. I am calling a phone rep now; if they can't make me happy, I am cutting up the card.

UPDATE: Called Chase. Said I thought I had gotten bad information. Asked the Customer Rep what I was signed up for. He said 3x the rewards on 3K plus up to $100 extra rewards in a month. He then said well, you'll get the $100 for May, it will be on your August Statement, maybe on your July, but don't count on it. No prompting from me!

Okay. I'm not ticked. Not a lot anyway.

My rewards from the Apr 15 - May 15 posted to my account yesterday. It looks like everything counted even though online it was not showing up correctly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter