All Star Movies Renovations

Hello,

So we are checking out from our renovated room in Love Bug building 6.

From what I can see building 6 is nearly complete. There have been people in and out putting the finishing touches (paintwork) on the other parts of building 6. Might be another week or so before all the building six rooms are done? I can see that most rooms on the second floor have been refitted with the new furniture.

As we booked a standard room, we requested a refurbished room and called in advance. We have not been affected by any of the ongoing work and it has been lovely and quiet. Our room number for reference is 6827.

Now leaving for a few nights at Port Orleans French Quarter- will be interested to see how the rooms compare as we have been super impressed with All Star Movies.
Awesome! That’s great that you got a new room. Did you notice any work on fantasia?

I absolutely love French quarter!

Hello,

From what I can see building 6 is nearly complete. There have been people in and out putting the finishing touches (paintwork) on the other parts of building 6. Might be another week or so before all the building six rooms are done? I can see that most rooms on the second floor have been refitted with the new furniture.

As we booked a standard room, we requested a refurbished room and called in advance. We have not been affected by any of the ongoing work and it has been lovely and quiet. Our room number for reference is 6827.

Now leaving for a few nights at Port Orleans French Quarter- will be interested to see how the rooms compare as we have been super impressed with All Star Movies.

Should I call the resort directly to request a refurbished room, the Disney number and have it put on my reservation or both? My apologies for all of the questions. For POP, I know the answer because a CM gave me the info.

You can just call this number:
(407) 939-1936
I recently received a reply from Disney which may be assistance to those travelling in the near future :

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort! We look forward to your visit and want to make sure that you have the best experience as stay at Disney's All Star Movies.

As of this moment, we plan to have the renovations completed in the earlier part of 2019. If you would like to make special requests for an area at Disney's All Star Movies Resort with your next stay, our Magical Cast with Resort Reservation will be happy to take your call at (407) 934-7639 and assist with placing your requests. They will be happy to assist you seven days a week between the hours of 7:00 am to 11:00 pm Eastern Time.

Have a Magical Day!
Bogart Garback
eCommerce Sales and Service Team

I recently received a reply from Disney which may be assistance to those travelling in the near future :

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort! We look forward to your visit and want to make sure that you have the best experience as stay at Disney's All Star Movies.

As of this moment, we plan to have the renovations completed in the earlier part of 2019. If you would like to make special requests for an area at Disney's All Star Movies Resort with your next stay, our Magical Cast with Resort Reservation will be happy to take your call at (407) 934-7639 and assist with placing your requests. They will be happy to assist you seven days a week between the hours of 7:00 am to 11:00 pm Eastern Time.

Have a Magical Day!
Bogart Garback
eCommerce Sales and Service Team
Oh nice! That number could work too!

Thank you. I just called and corrected my request. I need a vacation from my vacation planning now!
Lol yeah I usually feel that way too. We go in 18 days. After the FPS are made I don’t worry about much else until it’s time to pack!

Lol yeah I usually feel that way too. We go in 18 days. After the FPS are made I don’t worry about much else until it’s time to pack!
looking forward to your update on how the works are going (assuming you are either staying at an All Stars, or have an opportunity to visit).

looking forward to your update on how the works are going (assuming you are either staying at an All Stars, or have an opportunity to visit).
We actually will be staying at Pop/BC so probably won't be able to check on the progress, unfortunately.

She’ll be at POP if I remember correctly. We check in to Movies in 16 days.

She’ll be at POP if I remember correctly. We check in to Movies in 16 days.
Wow, lucky you - My next trip is in August 2019. Hoping that you get the room you want (assume you want a refurbished one) and will be able to provide us with an update on state of works when you get back. Enjoy !

Anyone got a good guess or knowledge on what order they are doing the remaining buildings in? Booked standard first week of february and hoping we get a renovated room or ducks will be under construction so there is no way we could get not a refurbished room......

Okay, this is wild! My husband and I were hoping for a refurbished room at movies and actually got our room number text while we were still at the airport. I did a quick search on my phone to see if we were lucky enough to get one and it turns out we checked into 6827 on the same day you checked out!! Thank you so much for posting here. Finding out that we had a refurbished room before even leaving the airport made our trip that much more magical! :tink:Hope you had a wonderful rest of your stay!!! ::MickeyMo

Hello,

Okay, this is wild! My husband and I were hoping for a refurbished room at movies and actually got our room number text while we were still at the airport. I did a quick search on my phone to see if we were lucky enough to get one and it turns out we checked into 6827 on the same day you checked out!! Thank you so much for posting here. Finding out that we had a refurbished room before even leaving the airport made our trip that much more magical! :tink:Hope you had a wonderful rest of your stay!!! ::MickeyMo

Anyone got a good guess or knowledge on what order they are doing the remaining buildings in? Booked standard first week of february and hoping we get a renovated room or ducks will be under construction so there is no way we could get not a refurbished room......
I would think they will go to Fantasia, Dalmatians, then ducks last. I think you should be fine but it all depends on if they stay on schedule which is hard to tell right now.

Have a great trip! Let us know if you notice any work on Fantasia!

Aww amazing! Hope you enjoyed the wonderful Allstar Movies!

Trip over for us now- flying back to London soon...

I would think they will go to Fantasia, Dalmatians, then ducks last. I think you should be fine but it all depends on if they stay on schedule which is hard to tell right now.
Looking at progress to date, Love Bug Bldg 7 was completed in 40 days so as we reach day 40 since renovations started in Love Bug Bldg 6, I am hoping that we will get some good news soon to say that works are completed and Fantasia Bldg 5 has started - just hope it doesnt take as long as Fantasia Bldg 8 (93 days) !!!

Looking at progress to date, Love Bug Bldg 7 was completed in 40 days so as we reach day 40 since renovations started in Love Bug Bldg 6, I am hoping that we will get some good news soon to say that works are completed and Fantasia Bldg 5 has started - just hope it doesnt take as long as Fantasia Bldg 8 (93 days) !!!
Yeah I’m hoping we hear some kind of report back soon. It’s been awfully quiet around here. I’m not sure if Fantasia actually took that long but if it did I’m wondering why that is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter