All Star Movies Renovations

This will be my first time staying at an All Stars resort. It's a short 3 night trip in mid December. I do have a preferred room booked. Do we know how many preferred room building are complete with renovations and what would be a good building to request to have a better chance at a refurbed room? Thank you!

Toy Story is done, half of Fantasia. Hopefully all of Fantasia and part of 101 Dalmations by mid-December.

So maybe I will put my request as "refurbished room. Fantasia, Toy Story or Dalmations" ? Is that good enough or do I need to more specific as to be facing towards the main building, etc? I have no idea how long of a walk it could be even if I was in a preferred building. I'm not really concerned about being close to bus stops because we will have a car.

So maybe I will put my request as "refurbished room. Fantasia, Toy Story or Dalmations" ? Is that good enough or do I need to more specific as to be facing towards the main building, etc? I have no idea how long of a walk it could be even if I was in a preferred building. I'm not really concerned about being close to bus stops because we will have a car.

I'm just requesting a refurbished room with no other requests. My thinking is that the less requests, the easier it will be for them to get me what I really want (a refurbished room).

I wouldn’t list all three areas because those are already choices for you with a preferred room. I would just our refurbished room if that is most important to you.

I requested Toy Story (we had booked preferred) when I called in to check something on my reservation. I requested a specific block of rooms through the touringplans request fax service. I got Toy Story, but was on the opposite side and different building from my touringplans request. It was fine--the main request was Toy Story.

Am I correct in reading that only preferred rooms have been renovated? We are going next month and my daughters are in love with Duck Tales. I don't really care about the renovations, but I know they would love to have the Duck Tales bed. I tried to switch my reservation to a preferred room, but it said there are no rooms available with the package I am under.

Am I correct in reading that only preferred rooms have been renovated? We are going next month and my daughters are in love with Duck Tales. I don't really care about the renovations, but I know they would love to have the Duck Tales bed. I tried to switch my reservation to a preferred room, but it said there are no rooms available with the package I am under.
You’re correct, only preferred have been finished so far

The Mighty Ducks will most likely be renovated last so I'm thinking early next year is when they will start work there.

Thank you! I thought the CM was wrong. So if Mighty Ducks and Love Bug #7 are the only buildings with standard rooms, if I want a renovated room, my only choice is #7....right? (I have a standard room)

Thank you! I thought the CM was wrong. So if Mighty Ducks and Love Bug #7 are the only buildings with standard rooms, if I want a renovated room, my only choice is #7....right? (I have a standard room)
When are you going again? Building 7 is the only standard room finished right now and part of 6 is open.

When are you going again? Building 7 is the only standard room finished right now and part of 6 is open.

I will be there alone Next Wednesday through Saturday, then my best friend joins me til the following Thursday. So next Wed 10/10- Thurs 10/18. I am struggling with staying here because I do not want an old room. I have never stayed off site, but am considering it. The odds don't seem very high that I would get a new room.

I will be there alone Next Wednesday through Saturday, then my best friend joins me til the following Thursday. So next Wed 10/10- Thurs 10/18. I am struggling with staying here because I do not want an old room. I have never stayed off site, but am considering it. The odds don't seem very high that I would get a new room.
Can you stay at Pop? All of their rooms are renovated.

No unfortunately they were and still are booked. POP is my second home, but when I booked Movies was the only thing available with the discount I was using.
Well if it’s between movies or not staying on property I would still stay at movies. Just call in saying you want a renovated room added to your reservation AND go to the front desk when you get there. That way you can see if you did get a renovated room or can change to one.

No unfortunately they were and still are booked. POP is my second home, but when I booked Movies was the only thing available with the discount I was using.

Well if it’s between movies or not staying on property I would still stay at movies. Just call in saying you want a renovated room added to your reservation AND go to the front desk when you get there. That way you can see if you did get a renovated room or can change to one.

I agree with Haley and would add that, if they don't have a refurb room available when you first check in, ask if you could move to one later in your stay if one becomes available. It's possible there would be one available later when your friend joins you or something like that.

I agree with Haley and would add that, if they don't have a refurb room available when you first check in, ask if you could move to one later in your stay if one becomes available. It's possible there would be one available later when your friend joins you or something like that.

Ok, I feel a little bit better about it now. Thank you both for the info and support!

Hello,

So we are checking out from our renovated room in Love Bug building 6.

From what I can see building 6 is nearly complete. There have been people in and out putting the finishing touches (paintwork) on the other parts of building 6. Might be another week or so before all the building six rooms are done? I can see that most rooms on the second floor have been refitted with the new furniture.

As we booked a standard room, we requested a refurbished room and called in advance. We have not been affected by any of the ongoing work and it has been lovely and quiet. Our room number for reference is 6827.

Now leaving for a few nights at Port Orleans French Quarter- will be interested to see how the rooms compare as we have been super impressed with All Star Movies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter