All Star Movies Renovations

Thanks for the report. I’m still surprised they haven’t started the other Fantasia building but oh well.
Perhaps one of our contributors who is currently at Movies, could ask guest relations staff when Fantasia is due to commence. They must have a schedule as they are allocating rooms to guests so will know more or less the situation when rooms have to be kept empty - also how close Building 6 to being finished. As Building 5 took 40 days, if they are working at the same pace, it should be completed in another week or so, If Disney are monitoring Disboards, perhaps we could have a regular update from the horse's mouth.

Perhaps one of our contributors who is currently at Movies, could ask guest relations staff when Fantasia is due to commence. They must have a schedule as they are allocating rooms to guests so will know more or less the situation when rooms have to be kept empty - also how close Building 6 to being finished. As Building 5 took 40 days, if they are working at the same pace, it should be completed in another week or so, If Disney are monitoring Disboards, perhaps we could have a regular update from the horse's mouth.
Or should I say from the mouse's whiskers

Perhaps one of our contributors who is currently at Movies, could ask guest relations staff when Fantasia is due to commence.

Guest Relations does not have that type of information.

They must have a schedule as they are allocating rooms to guests so will know more or less the situation when rooms have to be kept empty - also how close Building 6 to being finished.

There is a schedule, but since Guest Relations do not assign rooms they are not privy to it. The room assignors at the resort will have the most up to date information as far as progress. But that information is kept very secret.

As Building 5 took 40 days, if they are working at the same pace, it should be completed in another week or so, If Disney are monitoring Disboards, perhaps we could have a regular update from the horse's mouth.

They are monitoring, but they will not post. Especially that type of information. Could you imagine the uproar if they did announce Building XXX will be done on xx-xx-xx and then something comes up and it's not? Every over planner here that requested that building expecting it to be done would have their trip "ruined" and it would be a "nightmare".

All of the above is why threads like these will updates from those staying there are so valuable.

Last edited:
Guest Relations does not have that type of information.

There is a schedule, but since Guest Relations do not assign rooms they are not privy to it. The room assignors at the resort will have the most up to date information as far as progress. But that information is kept very secret.

They are monitoring, but they will not post. Especially that type of information. Could you imagine the uproar if they did announce Building XXX will be done on xx-xx-xx and then something comes up and it's not? Every over planner here that requested that building expecting it to be done would have their trip "ruined" and it would be a "nightmare".

All of the above is why threads like these will updates from those staying there are so valuable.
I think even if they did give out information I would be super hesitant to believe it since CMs are more often wrong than right. Hopefully, we get a report soon!

I think even if they did give out information I would be super hesitant to believe it since CMs are more often wrong than right. Hopefully, we get a report soon!
Then what about a chat with one of the builders (if they are allowed to speak with guests)

Then what about a chat with one of the builders (if they are allowed to speak with guests)
I highly doubt they are allowed to say anything about renovations. It wouldn’t hurt to ask, but I wouldn’t want to ask if they looked busy.

Hi! While not a Disney hotel, I just worked front desk through a total hotel renovation. You’d have to speak to the head of the construction build, who may or may not be on site daily during the project. The workers aren’t given full-picture info and usually don’t have accurate dates/timeline info. Also, things get delayed and schedules get changed ALL. THE. TIME. So even being able to talk to the head contractor/project planner/whatever their title might be wouldn’t give you much definite information, just estimates and hopes and goals.

I have a reservation coming up for a standard room in 9 days. I called and put in a request for a renovated room in #7 Love Bug, but I called today about something else and asked to confirm my request and the CM was said that it was not going to be done and suggested Mighty Ducks since it is close to the buses. They haven't started there have they? What buildings have standard rooms now? It has been years since I have been there and I don't remember much of it.

I have a reservation coming up for a standard room in 9 days. I called and put in a request for a renovated room in #7 Love Bug, but I called today about something else and asked to confirm my request and the CM was said that it was not going to be done and suggested Mighty Ducks since it is close to the buses. They haven't started there have they? What buildings have standard rooms now? It has been years since I have been there and I don't remember much of it.
The standard room buildings are mighty ducks and love bug. I would call again and ask someone if you can add renovated room to your reservation.

The standard room buildings are mighty ducks and love bug. I would call again and ask someone if you can add renovated room to your reservation.

She added the request for a renovated room when she changed my request. Am I ok with the Mighty Ducks requested? I checked the first post and they aren't listed as being done.

She added the request for a renovated room when she changed my request. Am I ok with the Mighty Ducks requested? I checked the first post and they aren't listed as being done.
The Mighty Ducks will most likely be renovated last so I'm thinking early next year is when they will start work there.

What’s the estimated completion timeframe? Should everything be done by end of February?

What’s the estimated completion timeframe? Should everything be done by end of February?
Right now they are saying end of February, but I'm not sure if they will stay on time or not. It's taking roughly 30-45 days to complete a building. There are 5 buildings left so that would get us to March, unless they continue to work on more than one building at once. They currently are only working on the one Love Bug building right now, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter