All Star Movies Renovations

Sorry, another question about specifying room type! Would it be best to call the main reservation line to request a specific building or renovated room, or would it be better to call the hotel directly ?

Sorry, another question about specifying room type! Would it be best to call the main reservation line to request a specific building or renovated room, or would it be better to call the hotel directly ?
I normally just call the main reservation line. I would stick with just putting renovated room if that’s most important or pick a section that you like best like toy story.

So I don't see any sign of work on fantasia.

Also just for those like me who aren't wild about the rain style shower head.... the showers by the pool have great water pressure and the large bottles of shampoo and conditioner and body wash, that was a lifesaver for me getting chlorine out of my hair!! I hopped in that shower while my clothes were in the dryer and also again after a second day of swimmimg.

The weather is great, high of 80 but nice breezes blowing.

So I don't see any sign of work on fantasia.

Also just for those like me who aren't wild about the rain style shower head.... the showers by the pool have great water pressure and the large bottles of shampoo and conditioner and body wash, that was a lifesaver for me getting chlorine out of my hair!! I hopped in that shower while my clothes were in the dryer and also again after a second day of swimmimg.

The weather is great, high of 80 but nice breezes blowing.
Darn on the Fantasia building but good that you found a shower to use!

When I called a couple weeks ago to add a day onto my vacation, the rep told me fantasia was done as were most of the preferred rooms. Is this not correct?

When I called a couple weeks ago to add a day onto my vacation, the rep told me fantasia was done as were most of the preferred rooms. Is this not correct?
Toy story section is done. One building for Fantasia and none of the 101 Dalmations. So approximately half of the preferred rooms are done

I normally just call the main reservation line. I would stick with just putting renovated room if that’s most important or pick a section that you like best like toy story.
Does the toy story building only have preferred rooms, or are there some standard there as well?

Got a room in toy story today and we LOVE IT!!! No halloween mugs in the food court though. CM said they don’t expect to get more and she doesn’t think there are any available anywhere else on property. Booooo

Got a room in toy story today and we LOVE IT!!! No halloween mugs in the food court though. CM said they don’t expect to get more and she doesn’t think there are any available anywhere else on property. Booooo
Did you book a standard or preferred room?

I’m glad you love the room! We arrive at pop tomorrow morning!

Did you book a standard or preferred room?

We booked preferred, and called in a few weeks ago and requested Toy Story. Our room hadn’t been assigned by the time we got to the hotel so we went to the desk and they had a Toy Story room ready and waiting.

Sorry for the delay in updates. I am back home and adjusting to the real world again, lol.

Updates and not all are good:

1) Halloween mugs were still seen in the gift store and the food court

2) I asked again about the start date.... Daytime CM told me she was told everything has been put on hold until NEXT YEAR. I asked if that was January 1 next year or later and she replied she had heard February 1.

I walked around the resort some and saw no new construction people or movement.

As for my stay, I won't be staying at ASMovies again. POP is my home, but wasn't available when I booked using my discount. Even with POP having issues on my last trip, it was not as bad as the issues at ASMovies.

My biggest pet peeve was calling for coffee. I opted out of housekeeping for the GC. (I had to go back and ask for it, they didn't offer and I forgot at check in) First time I called, I asked for extra coffee, since I drink 2 a day. (My BFF was listed, but not there yet....they did not know this) I found two packs on the bed when I returned. Next day, I called again. They asked how many and if I needed anything else, I told them 8 coffee and nothing else, knowing she would be there soon, but we had enough of the other stuff. They delivered 3 coffees, extra sugar, and tons of creamer. Called again the next day, same story...how many told them 8 which would hold us for the rest of the trip, nope, don't need anything else. Housekeeping showed up as we were leaving with... 3 packs of coffee and more sugar. He was nice and said he would go get more, which he did and left on the bed...but STILL there were not 8 packets even when I told him we asked for 8.

Other issues which bothered us was the lack of cleaning going on. The outside floor was never swept while we were there. We know this because there were price tags and someone's metallic fake nail on the ground for days. When I left, the amount of dust bunnies / hair balls on the floor was pretty bad!

I forgot to confirm they would be coming to clean after day 5 like POP does, so I called the front desk on day 3. They said yes, day 5 they would come clean. Day 5 came and went, so did day 6. I finally called and asked them to come clean the room and was told since I had opted out, I got no cleaning, but they would come bring towels and take the trash if I wanted. POP comes and does a complete clean mid trip, so this was disappointing. I know the floor was dirty because my feet were filthy after walking around in the room. I do wish they new rooms had a broom / dust pan!

The pool was nice. Food was pretty good. Being at the far back of building 6 was an annoyance at first, but I ended up loving it when I was able to sleep late and not hear everyone's kids running by on the way to the elevator.

Check in the gift store by the cash registers. Both of them had them on the sides last Thursday when I left.

Sorry for the delay in updates. I am back home and adjusting to the real world again, lol.

Updates and not all are good:

1) Halloween mugs were still seen in the gift store and the food court

2) I asked again about the start date.... Daytime CM told me she was told everything has been put on hold until NEXT YEAR. I asked if that was January 1 next year or later and she replied she had heard February 1.

I walked around the resort some and saw no new construction people or movement.

As for my stay, I won't be staying at ASMovies again. POP is my home, but wasn't available when I booked using my discount. Even with POP having issues on my last trip, it was not as bad as the issues at ASMovies.

My biggest pet peeve was calling for coffee. I opted out of housekeeping for the GC. (I had to go back and ask for it, they didn't offer and I forgot at check in) First time I called, I asked for extra coffee, since I drink 2 a day. (My BFF was listed, but not there yet....they did not know this) I found two packs on the bed when I returned. Next day, I called again. They asked how many and if I needed anything else, I told them 8 coffee and nothing else, knowing she would be there soon, but we had enough of the other stuff. They delivered 3 coffees, extra sugar, and tons of creamer. Called again the next day, same story...how many told them 8 which would hold us for the rest of the trip, nope, don't need anything else. Housekeeping showed up as we were leaving with... 3 packs of coffee and more sugar. He was nice and said he would go get more, which he did and left on the bed...but STILL there were not 8 packets even when I told him we asked for 8.

Other issues which bothered us was the lack of cleaning going on. The outside floor was never swept while we were there. We know this because there were price tags and someone's metallic fake nail on the ground for days. When I left, the amount of dust bunnies / hair balls on the floor was pretty bad!

I forgot to confirm they would be coming to clean after day 5 like POP does, so I called the front desk on day 3. They said yes, day 5 they would come clean. Day 5 came and went, so did day 6. I finally called and asked them to come clean the room and was told since I had opted out, I got no cleaning, but they would come bring towels and take the trash if I wanted. POP comes and does a complete clean mid trip, so this was disappointing. I know the floor was dirty because my feet were filthy after walking around in the room. I do wish they new rooms had a broom / dust pan!

The pool was nice. Food was pretty good. Being at the far back of building 6 was an annoyance at first, but I ended up loving it when I was able to sleep late and not hear everyone's kids running by on the way to the elevator.
Wait, they said no more renovating until next year? If so, I wouldn’t be surprised because I think Disney has bit off more than they can chew lately.

I’m sorry about your other issues. That doesn’t sound like a fun experience at all.

i wouldnt be surprised either i suppose they got 1/2 way done and now need the room inventory for the holidays......we stayed at pop last year and didnt get a refurbished when they only had a few buidlings left to do hope this year goes better! pop didnt have stay play and dine available this year so we are trying for movies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter