All Star Movies Renovations

i wouldnt be surprised either i suppose they got 1/2 way done and now need the room inventory for the holidays......we stayed at pop last year and didnt get a refurbished when they only had a few buidlings left to do hope this year goes better! pop didnt have stay play and dine available this year so we are trying for movies.

I can see this being the case as they want to have all rooms available for one of the busiest times of the year.

I forgot to confirm they would be coming to clean after day 5 like POP does, so I called the front desk on day 3. They said yes, day 5 they would come clean. Day 5 came and went, so did day 6. I finally called and asked them to come clean the room and was told since I had opted out, I got no cleaning, but they would come bring towels and take the trash if I wanted. POP comes and does a complete clean mid trip, so this was disappointing.

Are you sure the bolded is current? It doesn't match with other reports I've read. There have been several "versions" of opting-out of housekeeping offered in the past couple of years, but I believe the most recent is no housekeeping except for towels/supplies on request. I'm thinking the mid-stay clean was an earlier version of the opt-out.

Sorry you were disappointed.

Are you sure the bolded is current? It doesn't match with other reports I've read. There have been several "versions" of opting-out of housekeeping offered in the past couple of years, but I believe the most recent is no housekeeping except for towels/supplies on request. I'm thinking the mid-stay clean was an earlier version of the opt-out.

Sorry you were disappointed.
What happens in the event you opt out of housekeeping but accidentally make a mess that needs to be cleaned up. Will they send someone to help or provide a broom/mop so you clean your own room. Also is there a charge if this happens ?

What happens in the event you opt out of housekeeping but accidentally make a mess that needs to be cleaned up. Will they send someone to help or provide a broom/mop so you clean your own room. Also is there a charge if this happens ?
Im sure they will send someone, opting out of housekeeping is just the daily services, not the "accidental" stuff. I usually tip if we need something extra to show my appreciation of their help.

I can chime in on that, so we just stayed 6 nights at movies and left this morning and are now home. Half way through the stay my DD said she didn't feel well and then immediately threw up on her bed. I called the front desk and asked to have new linens sent up so I could change them (I had opted out of mousekeeping) they came and brought linens and changed them and we're so nice. The front desk even called the next day to check on my daughter. So if you call and need mousekeeping they will come and are very nice.

I can chime in on that, so we just stayed 6 nights at movies and left this morning and are now home. Half way through the stay my DD said she didn't feel well and then immediately threw up on her bed. I called the front desk and asked to have new linens sent up so I could change them (I had opted out of mousekeeping) they came and brought linens and changed them and we're so nice. The front desk even called the next day to check on my daughter. So if you call and need mousekeeping they will come and are very nice.

Oh, I'm so sorry that happened. I hope your daughter wasn't sick very long. Glad for the report though, thank you!

Anyone have pics they can post of the handicap bathrooms? We are meeting family down on Tuesday (they checked in today) and apparently the plan with the front desk is to place my dd and I in a handicap accessible room next door to them as they could not accommodate us with a connecting room. I have read that there is virtually no storage in there and am a little worried since we will be there for 8 days. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Just for reference, we will be in Fantasia, Building 8, 3rd Floor.

On the plane to Disney now! Just got my room number and we are in love bug! I requested either a room in toy story or a renovated room, so it looks like they stuck with renovated .I can't wait to see it!

On the plane to Disney now! Just got my room number and we are in love bug! I requested either a room in toy story or a renovated room, so it looks like they stuck with renovated .I can't wait to see it!
Did you book standard or preferred? Love bug is standard and toy story is preferred.

How far are we thinking the renos be in the first week of April? Nearly done? We have a standard room booked, but the major request from kidlet is the Dalmations room...but I would like a renovated room! I know some of Dalmations is standard, so what are we thinking in terms of it being finished?

How far are we thinking the renos be in the first week of April? Nearly done? We have a standard room booked, but the major request from kidlet is the Dalmations room...but I would like a renovated room! I know some of Dalmations is standard, so what are we thinking in terms of it being finished?
It would appear that the renovation has stalled at this time. No one knows for sure why, but that makes it very hard to predict when they'll get done.

I reached out to Disney today and the cast member said the resort has completed refurbishments. Are we sure we didn't miss building updates and people are still getting old rooms?

I reached out to Disney today and the cast member said the resort has completed refurbishments. Are we sure we didn't miss building updates and people are still getting old rooms?
I’m pretty sure that cast member was wrong but it’s possible we missed updates.

It's odd because they don't list at under refurbishment anymore.

That could just be because all renovations have ceased. I'm quite certain they have not been completed. They stopped after finishing the most recent building (can't recall which one it was) and haven't begun again yet. Therefore, the resort is not currently under construction.

That could just be because all renovations have ceased. I'm quite certain they have not been completed. They stopped after finishing the most recent building (can't recall which one it was) and haven't begun again yet. Therefore, the resort is not currently under construction.
Which I’m guessing is do to the need for rooms with the holidays approaching. I think they will start back up after the 1st of the year.

Which I’m guessing is do to the need for rooms with the holidays approaching. I think they will start back up after the 1st of the year.
I could see this being the case. I think they might have also bit off more than they can chew. They have so many projects going on right now. If they were completely done with the resort I think we would’ve had reports of the other buildings being worked on.

Hard to tell reading through this thread the state of things ..

Is 100% of the Toy Story rooms renovated? I had thought that was the first they did and was the first anticipated to being done, I had friends there a month (first week October) ago that said the Toy Story rooms were still under construction.

Just asking, because I head there in a week and I simply requested the Toy Story section as my first preference as opposed to "refurbed room" thinking that if we get that first request, we would just automatically get a refurbed room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter