All Star Movies Renovations

They were very nice at the front desk. They had to move us from preferred to a standard room in love bug 6 to get 2 queen beds. My DH is 6’4”, so he’s definitely happy about the room change! Also gave us a credit of $68 too, so I consider that a win :)
Nice! I’m glad it worked out for you

Hey all, I'm checking in on September 2 and I think most renovations should be done by then, right? I've booked a standard and plan on requesting a refurbished room, but I'm sure they're leaving the standard rooms for last, so what do you think are the chances I'll get a renovated room?

Hey all, I'm checking in on September 2 and I think most renovations should be done by then, right? I've booked a standard and plan on requesting a refurbished room, but I'm sure they're leaving the standard rooms for last, so what do you think are the chances I'll get a renovated room?

They haven't restarted renovations yet, so no one knows when the refurb will be complete.

I'm really starting to second guess our reservation for mid June and if renovations will be complete. We already have to request connecting rooms and I don't want to add a renovated rooms request as well. Wait it out or switch resorts??

Rteetz just asked over on wdwmagic to try to get more information about what's going on with the refurb. So far one poster has said it's a money issue, but I don't know if that poster is an "insider" or just a regular poster like any of us. Sure seems like a reasonable conclusion that money is the issue at this point though, otherwise they surely would have started back up again by now.

I'm really starting to second guess our reservation for mid June and if renovations will be complete. We already have to request connecting rooms and I don't want to add a renovated rooms request as well. Wait it out or switch resorts??
Do you have preferred or standard booked?

Rteetz just asked over on wdwmagic to try to get more information about what's going on with the refurb. So far one poster has said it's a money issue, but I don't know if that poster is an "insider" or just a regular poster like any of us. Sure seems like a reasonable conclusion that money is the issue at this point though, otherwise they surely would have started back up again by now.
I thought I originally said it was a money issue (just speculating) and a ton of people disagreed with me. I just hope they get things going again

I thought I originally said it was a money issue (just speculating) and a ton of people disagreed with me. I just hope they get things going again

It's just hard to imagine Disney having a "money issue". I realize all businesses regardless of size have budgets but leaving a resort half renovated for an extended period of time just seems like a horrible choice.

No, I always thought it was a money issue as well. I thought the idea that they would stop just because of the holidays didn't make much sense since I didn't think they had ever done that before. Also, at the time, they had just been cutting other things in the parks as cost-saving measures, so yeah, money made the most sense to me as well. My point was that a poster on wdwmagic was saying it was a budget decision as if he KNEW that to be the case, but I don't know him enough to know if he's a real insider or just someone like us.

It's just hard to imagine Disney having a "money issue". I realize all businesses regardless of size have budgets but leaving a resort half renovated for an extended period of time just seems like a horrible choice.
I guess it depends how badly you want a renovated room. It’s so hard to tell right now what the resort will look like by then.

My initial thoughts were maybe that Disney bit off more than they could chew. They have so many projects right now.

No, I always thought it was a money issue as well. I thought the idea that they would stop just because of the holidays didn't make much sense since I didn't think they had ever done that before. Also, at the time, they had just been cutting other things in the parks as cost-saving measures, so yeah, money made the most sense to me as well. My point was that a poster on wdwmagic was saying it was a budget decision as if he KNEW that to be the case, but I don't know him enough to know if he's a real insider or just someone like us.
I thought the same about the holidays. That didn’t make much sense to me for them to stop just for that reason. That’s true about them cutting other things in the park or charging more for hard ticket events. I wonder if that poster actually knew what he was talking about. Disney has so many things going on right now with resort and park projects that I wouldn’t be surprised if it really was a money problem or maybe they are short on construction crews?

I thought the same about the holidays. That didn’t make much sense to me for them to stop just for that reason. That’s true about them cutting other things in the park or charging more for hard ticket events. I wonder if that poster actually knew what he was talking about. Disney has so many things going on right now with resort and park projects that I wouldn’t be surprised if it really was a money problem or maybe they are short on construction crews?

Money problem in the sense that they just don't want to outspend their income too much. :rolleyes1Certainly NOT that Disney is having financial problems. :lmao: (I'm just agreeing with you)

Money problem in the sense that they just don't want to outspend their income too much. :rolleyes1Certainly NOT that Disney is having financial problems. :lmao: (I'm just agreeing with you)
Lol yeah I don’t think we have to worry about them having money problems

Here's a funny... I called Disney in regards to another question regarding my reservation yesterday and also asked about the refurb. I was told it was about 90% done. o_O

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter