All Star Music Renovations

Bathroom question: in the regular (non suite) rooms, are there shower only rooms (not ADA roll in showers)? Apparently some resorts have a mix of tub/shower combos and shower-only, and I’m wondering if Music’s renovations will make it similar. I’m going with a 4-year-old who doesn’t like showers, so I’m hoping for a tub.
Not all star music but at pop century last year our room had a shower only. Going to music on Saturday so will try and reply once there if I’m lucky enough to get a renovated room

Bathroom question: in the regular (non suite) rooms, are there shower only rooms (not ADA roll in showers)? Apparently some resorts have a mix of tub/shower combos and shower-only, and I’m wondering if Music’s renovations will make it similar. I’m going with a 4-year-old who doesn’t like showers, so I’m hoping for a tub.
I unfortunately have no idea. Like a PP said, pop does have both. I think there are more rooms with a tub but we’ve had both rooms staying at pop.

For November 2020 are we thinking of having a good chance at a refurb room?

So it's February 12 and this whole thing started toward the end of September. That means we're nearly 5 months into the refurb and they have started the 5th building now out of 10. I don't believe that pace will allow them to completely finish in a year (would need to be done with building 6 by the end of March), but it shouldn't be much more than that.

I agree. The first building took the longest, but since then, they're clipping along at about 2 months per building, with staggered starts (usually two buildings under renovation at a time). It probably won't be all done by September, but by November the chances of getting a refurb room should be excellent.

Since 1 and 2 will be the last buildings completed, anyone going in the fall will probably have a 100% chance of getting a refurbished room if they aren't booking preferred.

I'm still debating between two rooms at Pop, a family suite at AoA or one of these family suites, but the deciding factor for here is the refurbished room. Because of allergies, I won't stay in a room with carpets. Since my trip is in August, I'm thinking these are definitely out, but perhaps for a November trip they'll be ready. The full size fridge and freezer also helps. We'll be able to stay at least an extra week if we can save money on food and a great deal less expensive room compared to AoA. I'm going to keep checking here for updates. Maybe they'll have a ridiculous push to get these done sooner.

I'm still debating between two rooms at Pop, a family suite at AoA or one of these family suites, but the deciding factor for here is the refurbished room. Because of allergies, I won't stay in a room with carpets. Since my trip is in August, I'm thinking these are definitely out, but perhaps for a November trip they'll be ready. The full size fridge and freezer also helps. We'll be able to stay at least an extra week if we can save money on food and a great deal less expensive room compared to AoA. I'm going to keep checking here for updates. Maybe they'll have a ridiculous push to get these done sooner.
It’s really hard to tell how things will move along but I would think November would give you a good shot at a family suite that’s renovated. I agree about watching and seeing what happens

No, and totally off topic, but I love how your quick trip for maternity shots yielded your fantastic new profile picture! You’re such a pretty mamma-to-be!
Awww thank you! I was close to hiring a professional photographer but I’m so glad I didn’t. The pictures on my phone turned out great

Just got back yesterday. We had a preferred room in building 10. Obviously, it was renovated. Loved the feel of the room but we only had one bathroom door. It was the big slider into the bathroom. There was no door between the toilet and sink. It was weird and didn't like that. I love my wife but I don't need to be shaving or washing my hands when that "stuff" is going on... ;)
Our best friends were in building 7 and it was renovated. Building 6 still has tape all over the windows so it's def. not done yet. Their building 7 door had 2 bathroom doors. One into the bathroom and one between bathroom and sink. Isn't that weird?

Just got back yesterday. We had a preferred room in building 10. Obviously, it was renovated. Loved the feel of the room but we only had one bathroom door. It was the big slider into the bathroom. There was no door between the toilet and sink. It was weird and didn't like that. I love my wife but I don't need to be shaving or washing my hands when that "stuff" is going on... ;)
Our best friends were in building 7 and it was renovated. Building 6 still has tape all over the windows so it's def. not done yet. Their building 7 door had 2 bathroom doors. One into the bathroom and one between bathroom and sink. Isn't that weird?

Was it an accessible room? I'm trying to recall if those might be the rooms that don't have a door there. Hmm...

Did it look like all of building 7 was finished? Did you notice any work being done on building 5?

That’s weird about the bathroom doors. I’m wondering if @Iowamomof4 is right that one was an accessible room?

are you sure there wasn’t a pocket door in the wall that you slide out to shut between the tub room and the sink area? Ours had a door you pulled out of the wall beside the sink that slid shut. Or perhaps it was a handicap room. I haven’t seen a handicap accessible room to know the layout of it. But we were in building 10 and definitely had a sliding door there

Honestly, I didn't notice building 5 being worked on. Sorry! I should have looked closer. I just saw 6 all taped up and kept walking. The funny thing is that it didn't appear to be an accessible room because there were no handrails or anything else that would make you believe it was accessible. Our friends room clearly had a 2nd door, I even looked myself because I was in disbelief. I am 1000000000% positive ours did not have the slide out that there's did. We had the big slide out (that was a pain sometimes because it would stick in the wall) but nothing else. I did love the room though. Def. not complaining

Honestly, I didn't notice building 5 being worked on. Sorry! I should have looked closer. I just saw 6 all taped up and kept walking. The funny thing is that it didn't appear to be an accessible room because there were no handrails or anything else that would make you believe it was accessible. Our friends room clearly had a 2nd door, I even looked myself because I was in disbelief. I am 1000000000% positive ours did not have the slide out that there's did. We had the big slide out (that was a pain sometimes because it would stick in the wall) but nothing else. I did love the room though. Def. not complaining
I’m glad you liked the room anyway! Do you think I could put building 7 as being done?

No idea but the shutdown is a golden opportunity to blitz through renovations and yearly ride maintenance without working around guests
I really hope they take this opportunity to do those things. It's hard to tell at this point, though. If a bunch of cms are sick, I obviously wouldn't want them in the parks working and passing it on to each other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter