All those wanting PHL to MCO

iluvepcot

Mouseketeer
So mad at the sw prices for the end of aug and sept. BWI is so much cheaper. I realize gas is going up and great prices are going up, but they doubled the price out of PHL and kept a bargain in BWI....... I would rather do airtran or usair and get seats. I thought I would start this thread to help keep track of bargains for all of us going out of PHL. I can also do Newark (1 hr away) PHL (30 Min) or BWI (2 1/2 hours). Let's hope others do not book these higher prices and they come down.... :confused3 :

iluvepcot,

I agree about the prices out of PHL.....I didn't even think to check BWI prices since it's just a little TOO far for me to drive (3.5 hrs) to catch a flight. As it is, we drive 2 hours to PHL to fly SW. I've got an airport practically in my backyard (AVP) but, can't get any direct flights. With stops/layovers it takes about 6 hours to get to MCO. Not to mention the great prices I'm used to with SW!!
However, I did check USAirways out of my local port and their price for the same timeframe in Sept. is DOUBLE what SW is charging out of PHL. So, let's just keep our fingers crossed prices come down. I'm waiting for mid October, so at least I've got a little time to play with.

You can also fly out of Atlantic City (ACY) or into Tampa or Daytona Beach (DAB).

I managed to snag one-way flights PHL <-> MCO using Sidestep.com. We're going to MCO via AirTran for $79 and returning using USAir for $99. I wasn't able to find the $99 return flight on USAir's website, only by using SideStep. :confused3 But, I'll take what I can get at this point. SWA wanted $107 for each leg of the trip, so I feel like I got a bargain (non-stops and the times I needed).

We've gotten some great deals out of AC on Spirit. You should look into that. And the airport was surprisingly easy to get to/through. It's just off the AC expressway but before you get to the parkway or AC proper so it's quick (1hr 20 min from bucks cty, pa).

We just paid $108 r/t per person for Pres week.

Jenny

I also have AVP in my back yard...well pretty close anyway, lol.
But, we're driving to PHL for our upcoming trip and doing direct flights on SW.

We're splitting the cost of gas/tolls/parking with another family travelling with us otherwise I think I would stay at a hotel offering a sleep/park package.

You know, I was playing around with dates for later this year around food and wine, halloween, and christmas. I was considering getting us all AP's and making good use of them....BUT.....
the airfare is so darn expensive that I don't think we could make it happen.

I'm gonna keep an eye on this thread to see if anyone is able to find any reasonable flights.

I am also looking for fares from PHL to MCO. I am going in the end of September so the SW fares released today still do not help me. I had previously tried Airtran for non-stop flights and it seems that their prices have now begun to drop based on info I found on a discount site. (I can't post it due to the limits of the forums)At the rate SW released today, if I think it will be the same for my dates, it will be $699.30. If I go with Airtran, it will only be $531.30. It looks like a no-brainer but I still deep down inside have the hope that SW will offer at least a $59 each way. If you were in my shoes would you sit it out and hope SW steps up to the plate? Or would you book Airtran? I am perplexed.

I have the same issue - trying to go from PHL to MCO 8/13 to 8/19. I was excited when I heard SW released more dates to book, but was disappointed to see it was not the $79 fares. Do you think they will come down or should I just book BWI to MCO (2 hr drive to BWI vs. 1 hr drive to PHL) The difference at this point is $1165 (PHL) to $885 (BWI). Seems like alot of savings and should be a no brainer, but still wondering if those prices will come down for PHL.

The USAIR prices (not great flight times) were the exact same price as SW.

mickey mommy said:
I have the same issue - trying to go from PHL to MCO 8/13 to 8/19. I was excited when I heard SW released more dates to book, but was disappointed to see it was not the $79 fares. Do you think they will come down or should I just book BWI to MCO (2 hr drive to BWI vs. 1 hr drive to PHL) The difference at this point is $1165 (PHL) to $885 (BWI). Seems like alot of savings and should be a no brainer, but still wondering if those prices will come down for PHL.

The USAIR prices (not great flight times) were the exact same price as SW.
For only 1 hours difference, I would book BWI, but that's just me. Doesn't look promising at all for lower fares from Philly :confused3

I am right there with you guys! So disappointed with the fares released today by SWA :sad: . I think we are going to wait it out to see if they come down. I had forgotten about BWI but it takes us about 2 hrs to get there - not sure I want to drive that far. I am thinking about AC as well. I guess it's back to the waiting game :hourglass .

I really need to snag a good rate ::yes::

Now that Allegiant Air flies nonstop from Allentown, my brothers and sisters will be using that instead of driving to PHL for SWA. They all booked @ $79 each way for August. My brother is flying from Roanoke VA on Allegiant at the introductory rate of $59 each way. HUGE savings for him!

BTW---Allegiant is flying into Sanford, not MCO. It still might work better for some of you!

Another AVP local here who is drives to Phillie. The prices out of Avoca are always so much higher. We ended up doing Delta for our upcoming May trip because we just couldn't get a SW flight when we needed it-all unavailable. We got Delta for $188.00 round trip in February. Sweated through the strike threat. The same flights we are taking are now $605.

Planning another trip for December so will be needed air fares for then.

For those driving to Phillie, how do you handle your vehicle? Last time we rented a car out of AVP and returned it the same day in Phillie and did the same coming home, but we were gone for almost 2 weeks. This time we are going for 8 days. Any reasonable suggestions?

Thanks.

NJOYURLIFE said:
Another AVP local here who is drives to Phillie.

For those driving to Phillie, how do you handle your vehicle? Last time we rented a car out of AVP and returned it the same day in Phillie and did the same coming home, but we were gone for almost 2 weeks. This time we are going for 8 days. Any reasonable suggestions?

Thanks.

The cheapie parking there is $10 a day. There are some hotels in Phila that offer free parking if you stay with them the night before your flight. They offer complimentary shuttle service to the airport.
You'd just have to figure out what winds up cheaper for you. Priceline a hotel that offers that service for less than what your parking fee would be.
That way you could drive down the night before and not have to deal with the hassle of driving to Philly and the aggravation that goes along with it the morning of your trip.
But when we go we will use the cheapie lot and split the cost of gas/tolls/parking with another family travelling with us.

I priced limos and van services and they wanted WAY too much.

Have fun!

When I first started pricing airfare for our May trip, SWA was running about $109 each way. I decided to wait and in December the fare dropped to $79 each way. At that point I booked it since I was happy with that price. About a month ago, SWA ran a sale and I was able to re-book our outbound flight for $59. The return flight was sold out at that price. It may pay to wait since most of their current sales are only good until June.

Because of a large credit that I had with SW, I did book with them. I got $101 each way from PHL. That price is $12 higher than I originally booked tickets for our March tix. Not too bad. I don't want to fly out of ABE (only 20 mins). If we fly Allegiant, we would have to factor in the cost of a rental car or towncar. If we fly a "major" carrier, a 2 hr 20 min flight turns into atleast 4 hours with stops. PHL is about 90 mins from home. BWI would be about 3 hours. As for the car parking issue at PHL, we have done it all. I have had MIL drive us there, I Pricelined a hotel ($58 for Sheraton Suites). They do charge $10 a day for parking. I have also rented a car one way from ABE to PHL. I did price out a towncar or limo service from Allentown to PHL, but that was about $150.
None of us have a crystal ball. I don't know if SW fares will come down :confused3 . But I do know that my March 06 tickets were $89 each way, purchased in Oct 2005. In Jan (or Feb) 06, I got a Ding! for $39 each way. So I ended up with $300 credit for this trip. Will it happen again? Who knows, but I know that I am paying not much more now than I could with another airline. And I have great times and it is non-stop. :cool1:
JMHO

Will SW come down, that is the big question. Based on history, yes. They always have offered a ding fare closer to your dates. The problem is you may not get the flights you want. BWI is hardley booked on the SAT I want. PHL on the other hand is booked for morning flights. More people seem to know that SW will give credit back and I think are now booking the expensive flights. I think this may cause SW not to offer too many seats at lower fares. I think it is more of a gamble now to wait. Having said that, I am still going to gamble. If they don't come down, I can always go for BWI.

Just got an E mail offening $79 phl to mco

Go visiting this Spring and Summer!
All AirTran Airways destinations are on sale for travel through October 4, 2006. Our lowest sale fares are available for travel on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays, and additional sale fares are available for travel on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays.

Book your tickets by Thursday, May 4, 2006. These fares require a 14-day advance purchase and are not valid for travel on Sundays.

not sure if this just an email rates or if you get it from the web site

iluvepcot said:
Will SW come down, that is the big question. Based on history, yes. They always have offered a ding fare closer to your dates. The problem is you may not get the flights you want. BWI is hardley booked on the SAT I want. PHL on the other hand is booked for morning flights. More people seem to know that SW will give credit back and I think are now booking the expensive flights. I think this may cause SW not to offer too many seats at lower fares. I think it is more of a gamble now to wait. Having said that, I am still going to gamble. If they don't come down, I can always go for BWI.

I booked BWI, (saved about $300) if fares come down for PHL, can I change my flights to PHL? Not sure how they work things there. I've never flown SW before. :confused3

ilovedisney2006 said:
Just got an E mail offening $79 phl to mco

Go visiting this Spring and Summer!
All AirTran Airways destinations are on sale for travel through October 4, 2006. Our lowest sale fares are available for travel on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays, and additional sale fares are available for travel on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays.

Book your tickets by Thursday, May 4, 2006. These fares require a 14-day advance purchase and are not valid for travel on Sundays.

not sure if this just an email rates or if you get it from the web site

I got this last night as well. We are going late Sept. I'm not sure if I want to jump on th $79 fare with Airtran, or wait until June or July for a Ding rate with SW.
Last year we went late Sept. and I originally booked with SW in May. Later in August they came out with a $39 Ding fare.

mickey mommy,

Yes, if prices come down you can change your flight to PHL, but, keep in mind you may not get the flight you want at the price you want because sometimes the better flights (morning, etc.) don't have any seats available at the lower fare. We always try to schedule a later morning flight (anywhere from 10:30 to 1:00 p.m.) and seem to have pretty good luck getting those at the discounted fares. That way we don't have to make the two hour drive to PHL TOO early in the A.M. It still gets us to MCO by 3:30 at the latest and gives us late afternoon and evening there. Also, SW will not refund the difference but give you a credit to be used on SW within 12 months from the date the original ressie was booked. I've never found this to be a problem since we travel to MCO two to three times a year, but, for some who don't travel that much it could be difficult to schedule another flight within a year from the booking time. I've heard some have had luck getting a six month extension on the credit, but, I haven't tried it myself (I usually just try to fit another trip in to use the credit!!!!)

airtran has $79 out of Philly. They do not have as many NS offered but I did see an early am ns for $79 and a good return flight for $79. This is the lowest I have seen so far for my Aug/Sept dates. Total $177. I am still going to hold out to see if SW opens up a lower rate. If airtran was just a tad lower I may have went for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter