Allergy Food Pictures

So glad I found this!

We don't have any allergies per say, but lots of sensitivities.

Between the 4 of us: Gluten, eggs, red dye, broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, strawberries, cauliflower, cow's milk (cheese & yogurt is ok), ranch and honey mustard dips and dressings. And when my Dad is with us, he has to eat low iron and has a severe shellfish allergy.

I'm so glad I found this because even with the reading/blogs, the list doesn't sound too appealing... photos,though.. .they definitely speak a lot louder (and yummier) than words!!

Can you tell me, though.. the Mickey Waffles... what are they made with?

I talked to Special Diets Dept today 4/13/13 and I asked specifically about the Mickey Waffles. It turns out that the waffles at Crystal Palace are Vans frozen waffles. I was told that most of the restaurants at the resorts have newer and bigger kitchens which can accomodate dedicated equipment but some of the restuarants in the parks use the frozen waffles. Just an FYI...

Great pictures, clanmcculloch!!

Anyone have more to share??

I'll be in Disney for a short trip (4 nights) next week. As of now we're dining at Grand Floridian Cafe(dinner), Chef Mickey's (breakfast and dinner), Contempo Cafe, Le Cellier, 50s Prime Time, Tony's, 'Ohana (dinner), and Garden Grill. Hopefully I'll be much better at remembering to take food pictures this time!!! :)

Also I have some really exciting food allergy picture news, I was accepted into the Disney College Program!!! :banana: I'll be spending 4 and a half months working at Disney. During my time there, I plan on trying lots of new (for me) restaurants and dining around Disney! As of now, I'm thinking that I'll start a blog just for my food experiences and food pictures during my college program.

I talked to Special Diets Dept today 4/13/13 and I asked specifically about the Mickey Waffles. It turns out that the waffles at Crystal Palace are Vans frozen waffles. I was told that most of the restaurants at the resorts have newer and bigger kitchens which can accomodate dedicated equipment but some of the restuarants in the parks use the frozen waffles. Just an FYI...

The waffles may change up at those locations or vary with what your needs are. The only place that only offered the Van's waffles to us last fall was HWV. My son can't have them because they are soy, so we would have noticed if he had gotten those and not the Bob's or Namaste ones. It also could just be that is what their latest food order was.

I believe everybody's been posting all WDW pictures. I'll be in DL in less than 3 months. I'll do my typical driving my family crazy with pictures of food before they can eat. I plan to do one of my typical dining reviews when I return.

I believe that there's an allergy thread in the DL board but I haven't started planning my dining yet so I haven't looked for it yet. I first need to firm up how many days we'll be at DL vs elsewhere in LA before I start booking ADRs. I want to focus on one thing at a time so once I have all my lodging booked I'll be focussing more on dining.

I believe everybody's been posting all WDW pictures. I'll be in DL in less than 3 months. I'll do my typical driving my family crazy with pictures of food before they can eat. I plan to do one of my typical dining reviews when I return.

I believe that there's an allergy thread in the DL board but I haven't started planning my dining yet so I haven't looked for it yet. I first need to firm up how many days we'll be at DL vs elsewhere in LA before I start booking ADRs. I want to focus on one thing at a time so once I have all my lodging booked I'll be focussing more on dining.

I'm travelling to DL in October so I'll be looking forward to your review.

Bumping up. Anyone else have any more recent pics and reviews of allergy free food? Would love to see some more current pics. TIA!!

This is such a great idea! Looking forward to experiencing GF meals at Disney! They all look so yummy! :)

Sorry it has taken me so long to get these pics up! They're from my May trip. I'm gluten free and my mom is gluten and soy free. I didn't get pics of all of our meals as some meals we were a party of 9 and it was just too chaotic trying to get pictures.

We stayed at Bay Lake Tower. Our first morning for breakfast we ate at the Contempo Cafe. Manager was awesome, food was hot and delicious. Absolutely no complaints and we'd definitely eat here again!!! :thumbsup2

This is my first time using photo bucket and I have no idea why my pics are so big. I'm sorry about the picture size! :blush:

Our first lunch was Be Our Guest for lunch! On our December trip we ate there twice for dinner. We booked this trip only about a month out so we weren't able to get into dinner. LUNCH WAS INCREDIBLE!!!! We loved it so much we ended up eating there twice during our 4 night trip. pixiedust: Definitely one of my favorite places to eat in the Magic Kingdom.

I'm going to combine both meals into one review. They have the kiosks that have allergy options too, but personally we're much more comfortable talking to the chef personally. Even though it was really busy, we didn't wait too long for the chef. He was really friendly and willing to do whatever we wanted!

My mom isn't a huge eater so she just got the potato leek soup and a cup of chocolate mousse both times. We try and avoid artificial sweeteners so that cream puff is out for us. Instead we just ask the chef about getting a cup of mousse and it's never been an issue. I had the same thing as my mom the first time.

Second time I had the roast beef sandwich and I really enjoyed that too. The bread was grilled and it was just delicious. The portion was HUGE and definitely enough to share!

If anyone has any questions about any of these places, feel free to ask and I'd be happy to answer any and all questions! :)

For dinner that night we tried Kona for the first time ever!!!! We've typically eaten at Ohana and weren't interested in doing Kona. Well after that meal, Kona is definitely in our top 5 restaurants at Disney!

The chef was so friendly and accommodating! Pretty much anything on the menu could be made gluten free. He brought out some GNI rolls (not really a fan), but they were perfectly heated so they were edible.

I didn't get a picture of my mom's meal, but she had the pan roasted chicken. She substituted rice and sauteed swiss chard (I think?) for the pea risotto. Her chicken was perfectly cooked, moist and delicious!

I went for the teriyaki style new york strip. Only a minor change needed to be made to swap out the regular sauce for the gluten free version.

Desserts were absolutely the stars of the meal!!!! I'm a huge dessert person and I was so happy to see they had lots of options besides that usual OMG it's gluten free brownie. We ordered a kilauea torte which was AMAZING!!!! It's like this chocolate volcano cake thing. We also had a banana-chocolate creme brulee which was also very good. Also they have chocolate fondue, that they can make safe with a minor substitution. (swapping out the non-gf cookies for some gf-cookies)

The next meal I got a picture at was 50s Primetime. Sorry I only managed to get a dessert picture though.

My mom and I both had the fried chicken. It was yummy as usual. That's become our standard whenever we go there. For dessert I had dad's brownie sundae. That thing is massive and so delicious!!!! It definitely wasn't the OMG it's gluten free brownie and (I think?) they might even make their own brownies there!

After our bad experience at Mama Melrose our last trip, this has become our go-to for our HS days.

The next meal I got pictures at was 'Ohana for dinner. We've been going there for years (pre-TJ days). All I can say is that this was the worst meal we've ever had there. There is no way I'll be going back for dinner anytime in the near future. We haven't had any issues at breakfast so we might go back there someday.

It all started with the chef. He seemed annoyed to be at our table and he obviously didn't want to be there. He was just going through the motions and didn't really seem to care. Definitely not the Disney chefs we've become so used to.

Also I should probably note the timing of our meal was really off. It took us way longer than it ever has before to get our allergy-safe food. I have no problems waiting for food and I understand it may take longer, but I at least want the food to be delicious and something worth waiting for. (I probably would have enjoyed the Contemporary's counter service for dinner MUCH more)

We started with the GNI rolls and they were ICE cold. I can barely tolerate them warm and ice cold was not okay with me. I finally was able to get someone's attention and they warmed them up. I was absolutely starving at that point so they were edible.

Next came the chicken wings. If I'm remembering correctly they were luke-warm/cool. Nothing special or exciting

We finally get our "platter" of food to share and I was shocked by its size. My mom and I are both full size adults and that really wasn't enough food to share. I asked the chef for more chicken and he gave me attitude about it. He was like if you want more food you can always have salad. Eventually he got me more chicken, but it was definitely a process and shouldn't have been that difficult.

Dessert wasn't satisfying at all. I should probably note that in the past, we've had chefs go out of their way to get us one of the Kona desserts as they are safe and SO MUCH better than the OMG brownie thing. This chef made me a brownie sundae with an ice cold brownie. Our server held everyone else's dessert for probably about 10-15 mins in hope our dessert would come out. 10 minutes after their dessert came out, we finally got our dessert.

Honestly, there is no way I'd recommend 'Ohana for dinner and it used to be one of our favorites. :( I just don't think the cost is worth it for what you get and if you want to eat at the Polynesian, Kona is definitely a much better option.

For our final breakfast, we took the boat from the Contemporary to the Wilderness Lodge. I love the special waffles they have there!!! I always get the chocolate lover's waffle. It's Mickey waffles with chocolate chips, chocolate syrup, and whipped cream. Served with a side of bacon. I loved this and I'd definitely get it again!

I never got pictures at Whispering Canyon for dinner, Norway Princess breakfast, Chef Mickey's breakfast, Tony's Town Square for lunch or the few snacks we had at the Contempo Cafe. If anybody would still want reviews of these places without pictures, let me know! :)

I'll be at the Animal Kingdom Villas for a few nights in August before I check-in for the Disney College Program!!!! pixiedust: I'm hoping to get food pictures at all of our meals!

Then my parents are staying at the Wilderness Lodge when they visit me for my birthday in September. I'll definitely be getting lots of food pictures that week!

My parents are coming down for New Year's Eve-first week of January and staying at Bay Lake Tower again. I'll probably be working for part of their trip, but I'll be getting food pictures whenever I join them for meals!

I'll also have lots of food pictures from all the places I dine at during my 5 months in Disney! I'm definitely do my best to keep this thread updated with my food allergy pics.

This is my first time using photo bucket and I have no idea why my pics are so big. I'm sorry about the picture size! :blush:

Our first lunch was Be Our Guest for lunch! On our December trip we ate there twice for dinner. We booked this trip only about a month out so we weren't able to get into dinner. LUNCH WAS INCREDIBLE!!!! We loved it so much we ended up eating there twice during our 4 night trip. pixiedust: Definitely one of my favorite places to eat in the Magic Kingdom.

I'm going to combine both meals into one review. They have the kiosks that have allergy options too, but personally we're much more comfortable talking to the chef personally. Even though it was really busy, we didn't wait too long for the chef. He was really friendly and willing to do whatever we wanted!

My mom isn't a huge eater so she just got the potato leek soup and a cup of chocolate mousse both times. We try and avoid artificial sweeteners so that cream puff is out for us. Instead we just ask the chef about getting a cup of mousse and it's never been an issue. I had the same thing as my mom the first time.

Second time I had the roast beef sandwich and I really enjoyed that too. The bread was grilled and it was just delicious. The portion was HUGE and definitely enough to share!

If anyone has any questions about any of these places, feel free to ask and I'd be happy to answer any and all questions! :)

Thank you, thank you, thank you! We have heard such mixed reviews on GF foods here...I was getting nervous about having lunch. Now I feel much better!

The next meal I got a picture at was 50s Primetime. Sorry I only managed to get a dessert picture though.

My mom and I both had the fried chicken. It was yummy as usual. That's become our standard whenever we go there. For dessert I had dad's brownie sundae. That thing is massive and so delicious!!!! It definitely wasn't the OMG it's gluten free brownie and (I think?) they might even make their own brownies there!

After our bad experience at Mama Melrose our last trip, this has become our go-to for our HS days.

DS14 was already geeked about having gf fried chicken...now he's excited about the sundae! Does the caramel corn have nuts? That's his other issue. I'm sure it can be worked around, though.

The next meal I got pictures at was 'Ohana for dinner. We've been going there for years (pre-TJ days). All I can say is that this was the worst meal we've ever had there. There is no way I'll be going back for dinner anytime in the near future. We haven't had any issues at breakfast so we might go back there someday.

It all started with the chef. He seemed annoyed to be at our table and he obviously didn't want to be there. He was just going through the motions and didn't really seem to care. Definitely not the Disney chefs we've become so used to.

Also I should probably note the timing of our meal was really off. It took us way longer than it ever has before to get our allergy-safe food. I have no problems waiting for food and I understand it may take longer, but I at least want the food to be delicious and something worth waiting for. (I probably would have enjoyed the Contemporary's counter service for dinner MUCH more)

We started with the GNI rolls and they were ICE cold. I can barely tolerate them warm and ice cold was not okay with me. I finally was able to get someone's attention and they warmed them up. I was absolutely starving at that point so they were edible.

Next came the chicken wings. If I'm remembering correctly they were luke-warm/cool. Nothing special or exciting

We finally get our "platter" of food to share and I was shocked by its size. My mom and I are both full size adults and that really wasn't enough food to share. I asked the chef for more chicken and he gave me attitude about it. He was like if you want more food you can always have salad. Eventually he got me more chicken, but it was definitely a process and shouldn't have been that difficult.

Dessert wasn't satisfying at all. I should probably note that in the past, we've had chefs go out of their way to get us one of the Kona desserts as they are safe and SO MUCH better than the OMG brownie thing. This chef made me a brownie sundae with an ice cold brownie. Our server held everyone else's dessert for probably about 10-15 mins in hope our dessert would come out. 10 minutes after their dessert came out, we finally got our dessert.

Honestly, there is no way I'd recommend 'Ohana for dinner and it used to be one of our favorites. :( I just don't think the cost is worth it for what you get and if you want to eat at the Polynesian, Kona is definitely a much better option.

Bummer! Our dinner there WITH Chef TJ was so awesome. I'm wondering if I should only tell them about ds's nut allergy. He can have trace gluten without a problem. I hate when he has a bad experience. :(
Hoping you were there for a fluke night.

For our final breakfast, we took the boat from the Contemporary to the Wilderness Lodge. I love the special waffles they have there!!! I always get the chocolate lover's waffle. It's Mickey waffles with chocolate chips, chocolate syrup, and whipped cream. Served with a side of bacon. I loved this and I'd definitely get it again!

I never got pictures at Whispering Canyon for dinner, Norway Princess breakfast, Chef Mickey's breakfast, Tony's Town Square for lunch or the few snacks we had at the Contempo Cafe. If anybody would still want reviews of these places without pictures, let me know! :)

I'll be at the Animal Kingdom Villas for a few nights in August before I check-in for the Disney College Program!!!! pixiedust: I'm hoping to get food pictures at all of our meals!

Then my parents are staying at the Wilderness Lodge when they visit me for my birthday in September. I'll definitely be getting lots of food pictures that week!

My parents are coming down for New Year's Eve-first week of January and staying at Bay Lake Tower again. I'll probably be working for part of their trip, but I'll be getting food pictures whenever I join them for meals!

I'll also have lots of food pictures from all the places I dine at during my 5 months in Disney! I'm definitely do my best to keep this thread updated with my food allergy pics.

We would love to hear all your reviews...pics or not! :thumbsup2

OMG The chocolate lover's waffles look DELICIOUS!!!!! Wish I was eating some now. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter