Not open for further replies.

BreezysMom

DIS Veteran

ALOHA!
Welcome to the Polynesian FAQ
Disney2009387-Copy.jpg

Spring 2010 Edition​

disneyworld2008900.jpg

When you first arrive at the Polynesian you will be wisked away into a vacation wonderland of wateralls and tropical foilage in the lobby of the Great Ceremonial House (GCH).

Disney2009836.jpg

016_16.jpg
027_27.jpg
Disney2009653.jpg

The GCH is where the check in desk is located as well as the lobby concierge desk. It is also home to the wonderful shopping at Boutiki, Trader Jacks and Samoa Sancks.

On the first floor is Captain Cooks, which offers 24 hour Counter service. On the second floor the popular 'Ohana and Kona Grill are located for a fabulous table service dining experience

Guest rooms are located within 11 "Longhouses", each named after an Island in the South Pacific.

They are...

Aotearoa
Fiji
Tuvalu
Rarotonga
Niue
Samoa,
Tokelau
Rapa Nui
Tahiti
Hawaii (contains only concierge/club level standard rooms)
Tonga (contains only concierge/club level suites)

disneyworld2008096.jpg

There are three available categories for standard rooms. They are garden view (GV), Theme Park View (TPV), and Lagoon View (LV).

A theme park view will feature a view of Disney's Magic Kingdom theme park and the Seven Seas Lagoon. These views are reported to be the most magical on Disney property!

A lagoon view offers a view of the Seven Seas Lagoon. Sometimes you may catch a glipse of the castle or Space Mountain from these rooms.

A Garden view features a view of parking area, garden, pool, marina or monorail. Don't let the parking lot in the description scare you! The Poly has such lush and beautiful foilage that there is really no bad view!

The Polynesian also offers Club Level Rooms. The majority of the rooms are located in the Hawaii Longhouse and have three categories of views. Garden View, Lagoon View and Theme Park View. More information on the Poly Club Level can be found a few pages down.

disneyworld2008177.jpg

All guest rooms feature Room Feature:

Two queen-size beds (king-size beds available in suites located in Tonga)
Day Bed
Small table
Chair
Ceiling fan
Bathroom
High Speed Internet access (for an additional fee)
Cable TV, includes Disney programming
In-room safe
Voice mail
Hairdryer
Iron and ironing board
I-Home Alarm clock
Coffeemaker
Refrigerator
Microwave (on request)
Pack 'n Play Playard (on request)
Bed boards (on request)
Bed rails (on request)
All rooms are non-smoking
Disabled accessible rooms are available

disneyworld2008195.jpg
disneyworld2008794.jpg
disneyworld2008793.jpg
030_30.jpg
]
031_31.jpg
032_32.jpg

P1010194.jpg
P1010193.jpg
P1010195.jpg

Please note that the information in this thread is based on my experiences and that of the other participants of this thread. As many people have differing opinions and views, this thread is for information purposes only.

Disney2009937.jpg
Disney2009938.jpg
Disney2009940.jpg

Upon arrival you will receive the Island Palm Press.
This is a newsletter with a directory of services available at the Polynesian.

**Please note that as of 3/2010 guests have reported that they have replaced the Island Palm Press with a alternative booklet that has resort information.
As with any information given on the thread, it is still a good idea to confirm with the resort upon arrival for specific up to date information.**

poly3.jpg

Disney2009957.jpg
Disney2009959.jpg
Disney2009859.jpg

poly4.jpg

Disney2009490.jpg
Disney2009496.jpg
Disney2009495.jpg

poly5.jpg

Disney2009889.jpg
Disney2009970.jpg
P1010273.jpg

poly6.jpg

Disney2009964.jpg
Disney2009965.jpg
Disney2009966.jpg

25870polymaplg.jpg

Whether spending the afternoon by the pool or zipping around the Seven Seas Lagoon on a Sea Racer, the Polynesian offers a wide variety of recreation choices to please everyone of all ages!

The most popular is the Nanea Volcano Pool and grotto slide are located adjacent to the beach. This location offers the most spectacular view on Disney Property! :cloud9:
P1010314.jpg

disneyworld2008470.jpg

disneyworld2008191.jpg

Next to the Nanea Volcano pool is a childrens play area :)
waterarea.jpg
untitled.jpg

During the day, various activities are offered poolside such as bingo and hula hoop contests. Information about this can be found on the activity flyer you receive upon admission.

The Polynesian also has a second quiet pool.
Disney2009497.jpg

In the evening the, the beach becomes the perfect spot to watch fireworks on a lounge chair after a long day at the parks! You can also watch the Electric Water Pageant as it passes by the resort every evening at 9:00pm.

Disney2009764.jpg

The Mikala Canoe Club in the marina is the place to rent Seay Racers, Patoon Boats or even a surrey bike to explore the beautiful Poly property! You can also borrow Coast Guard approved life jackets for your little ones at no charge! Operating hours vary throughout the year.

disneyworld2008596.jpg
disneyworld2008598.jpg

Polynesian guests are able to use the Grand Floridian Health Club at no charge.

On various evenings, you can catch the Torch Lighting Ceremony in the front of the Great Ceremonial House. This is a must see!

Disney2009902-1.jpg
You can also catch a movie on the beach between the Poly and the Grand Floridian. The movies vary by month and are shown certain nights of the week so check the resort activity flyer upon check in.
Disney20091037.jpg

Disney2009592.jpg

The Poly has some of the best transportations options in all of WDW. You can opt to take the motor launch boat to the Magic Kingdom or the Monorail. In addition, the Ticket and Transportation center is just a short, but beautiful stroll away! :flower3:

023_23.jpg
039_39.jpg
Disney20091031.jpg

Disney2009752.jpg
Disney2009968.jpg

Walking into the Poly lobby for the first time is an experience in itself! There is a Childrens area where kids can color and enjoy crafts as well as hula lessons on select afternoons! :goodvibes
Disney2009523.jpg
Disney2009580.jpg
Disney2009525.jpg

The Poly laundry room is located by the Neverland Club. Besides washers and dryers, there is a machine to buy detergent. There is a change machine located in the laundry room. There is also a nice sitting area with a vending machine and television.
Disney2009757.jpg
Disney2009758.jpg
Disney2009759.jpg

Located by the pool. They are there from 12 noon to about 5pm daily. They take cash only and the charge is $2.00 per inch PLUS the cost of beads which range from $.50 to $4.00. You can pick up to 4 colors. A typical hair wrap will cost you about $20-$35 depending on the length of hair.
Disney2009874.jpg
Disney2009875.jpg

At the Tambu Lounge located by 'Ohana or the Barefoot Pool Bar you will find the most tropical and tasty libations on property! Make sure you try the popular Lapu Lapu or Pina Colava to round out your Poly experience!! :dance3:
P1010022.jpg
cocktails.jpg
pinacolava.jpg

P1010337.jpg

Club Level Concierge, knows as The King Kamehameha Club at the Polynesian is a way to add some extra magic to your Polynesian Experience!

The Hawaii Longhouse houses standard Club Level rooms. There are three categories of views, Garden view, which has wonderful views of the gardens and quiet pool. Lagoon View, which faces Seven Seas Lagoon but may have have an slight obstruction due to a Palm tree or other foilage and as of this year they now offer Theme Park View which will guarantee a fabulous views of the Magic Kingdom.

P1010110.jpg
The Hawaii and Tonga buildings are secured and entry will only be possible with a concierge room key.

In Hawaii, the first floor rooms offer a patio and the third floor rooms have balconies while the second floor has sliding glass doors but a railing rather than a blacony. The Hawaii Longhouse is loved by many simply due to it's location. It is right on the beach, next to the volcano pool and a short walk to the GCH. Theme Park View and Lagoon View room rates are higer than Club Level Garden View Rooms.

P1010075-1.jpg

Tonga Longhouse is a two story building with suites and also has garden view and lagoon view categories. These rooms are larger 2 and 3bedroom suites that accomodate larger parties. While they also have lounge offerings they are able to access the offerings available in the Hawaii Longhouse.

Club Level services include pre-arrival personal vacation planning by the Initineray planning office (IPO). The IPO will make your advance dining reservations, assist in purchasing tickets and other advance planning details. Shortly after making your reservation you will be contacted by a member ofthe IPO office to start planning your stay. Sometimes you may need to contact them first due to computer interface issues within Disney.

Concierge guests can call 407-824-2466.
To Fax the Planning Office use 407-824-3162
Their e-mail is Polynesian.Itinerary.Planning@disneyworld.com
(DO NOT E-MAIL THIS ADDRESS IF YOU ARE NOT STAYING IN THE CONCIERGE LEVEL ROOM!)

The Planning Office is open from 9 AM to 6 PM every day, Eastern time (excluding holidays).

While staying at the Club Level you will have personalized front desk and guest services. Your room will have robes, phone in the bath area, DVD players and nightly turndown service. Jogging strollers are also available to Club Level guests (first come first serve).

Club Level guests many also are able to experience the Wildlife Discovery Excursion at Disney's Animal Kingdom which is available at 10am & 1pm daily for $50 a person. Part of the proceeds go to the Walt Disney World Wildlife Conservation fund. You can have your IPO planner assist you in making these reservations.

P1010114.jpg

Club Level guests have access to the lounge which offers a variety of food and beverage served throughout the day. These afferings are as follows~

Kakahiaka (morning service) 7:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. offering muffins and pastries, tropical fruit, cereal, milk, orange juice, pineapple guava juice, ice tea, coffee drinks and hot chocolate from the new coffee machine, glass bottles of water, and toasters are available. Yogurt available as well as other items by request. Just ask at the counter.

Auinala (afternoon service) 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. offering fruit juice, bottled water, soda, ice tea, cookies, tropical fruit, gummy worms and m&m's for the kids.

Ahiahi (evening service) 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. offering different themes each day.

Aumoe (late evening service) 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. offering wine and cheese as well as cordials and desserts.

BEER is also available by request.

Every evening they also serve a wonderful tropical beverage, the Ku'ulei Special. If you are so inclined to whip up a batch at home, the wonderful CMs in the lounge gave me a copy of the recipie.
Recipie for Ku'ulei Special HERE!

New Menu as of 10/5/2009 Thanks to Tess. :flower3:

P1010378.jpg

DSC01595.jpg

DSC01593.jpg

DSC01592.jpg

DSC01603.jpg

DSC01606.jpg

P1010119.jpg

P1010117.jpg

P1010327.jpg

P1010354.jpg

Disney2009568.jpg

The wonderful view from the lounge!​

For more detailed Club Level information For more Club level information, The DIS Concierge/Club Level Information - Part II (Sept 2009) can be found here

This is where you can find links for reviews of longhouse locations, dining, club level and other Polynesian experiences and the most frequently asked questions about the Poly

Longhouses

Disney2009933-1.jpg
(Club Level/Concierge Level)
Club Level Review Thanks to SeaSpray!
Sept 2009 CL review Thanks to TinkerBell 325
Late August 2009 stay review Thanks to SuAnne
Room 3524 Garden View room

Accessible Room in the Hawaii buildingThanks to Seaspray

Disney2009500-1.jpg

Room 3604 Thanks to Sersee05
Third floor Samoa3602 Part II Thanks to J.C.&Ali'sMom

Disney2009864-1.jpg

Third floor room review and pics
3318 View Pic Thanks to rcsilverspring!
Dec 2009 TR with link to pics-Third floor Thanks to eroller!

Disney2009531-1.jpg

Rarotonga, room 1817 post with pics Thanks to woodleygrrl!
Review from room 2821 Thanks to Zippa D Doodah!

Disney2009489-1.jpg

Review and pics Thanks to Ladybugmom

Disney2009870-1.jpg

Oct 2009 Trip Thanks to Maiapapaya
Third floor TPV Part II Thanks to Lissiesmum!
Room 1405 LV Views Thanks to MsStinkerBelle
TPV Rooms 3409, 3410, 3411 View pics Thanks to Dawgdad!

Disney2009487-1.jpg

Disney2009945-1.jpg

April 2009 room pics and view pics Thanks to CAJUNWDWFAN
Sept 2009 room picsRoom #3021 Tahiti TPV thanks to GraceLuvsWDW!

Disney2009862-1.jpg

Disney2009863-1.jpg

Room 3226 Room View pics Thanks to ppony

Disney2009499-1.jpg

Other Reviews and picture posts

Review and Pics of Torch Lighting Ceremony Thanks to CleveRocks
Resort pics from Sept 2009 Thanks to Ronald Duck
Resort Pics from Sept 2009 stay Thanks to Ronald Duck
More resort pics from Sept 2009 Thanks to Ronald Duck
Sept 09 Various pics #2 #3 Fireworks and Luau pics Thanks to Vicki C

Oct 2009 thanks to Capt Barbosa some more...
May 209 Pics Thanks to Ladybugmom!
May 2009 Pics More fabulous pictures and more... Thanks to Mom2mek
Great TR with dining review from CL stay in Nov 2009 Thanks to MickeyNicki!

The Poly Laundry room
Oct 2009 Resort Merchandise Pictures
Ku'ulei Special Recipie The famous punch served in the CL lounge!

FAQ's
Do all the rooms at the Polynesian get turndown service or just Club Level?

Turndown service is standard in Club Level rooms and is done daily. You can request turndown service in standard rooms. Just call housekeeping and request the service to be done.

Which Longhouses have two sinks in the bathroom?

Tahiti
Rapa Nui (except for Handicap accessible rooms)
The above Longhouses also have balconies on the second and Third floor as well.

Does the Polynesian have a hot tub?

Sadly, no there is no hot tub at the Poly

Is there a playground at the Polynesian?

There is no playground at the Poly. There is a water play area next to the Volcano pool.

Do all the guest rooms have iHomes?

Yes every guest room has an iHome alarm clock.

Very nice job, breezy!:thumbsup2

The Poly holds a special place in my heart! It's the first WDW resort we stayed at 16 years ago!
I've stayed many times in the Hawaii, Raratonga and especially the Tonga longhouses.
The suites in the Tonga are fabulous, I've stayed in all except the Ambassador Suites. Most of my pics were on tikiman's site, I hope he will put them back on, esp the renovated suite pictures.:)

Going to stay at the BC in May, but we're booking the Poly for our next WDW trip!

Thanks guys! :hug:

I wish I had an
UNDER CONSTRUCTION sign! I have a few changes to make but at least we will be able to keep chatting and planning our trips! :cheer2:

You guys are cracking me up about the lizards. To me just a hazard of life in South Florida. Couple of warnings. When you open a door stand back or you may end up with one on your head. Also if your shower is brown stone (such as mine) watch the floor when you get in.....especially during baby season.:lmao:

Number one thing to know is how to scream my dd's name to come get the nasty creature out of the shower so you don't have to shuffle your feet the entire time to keep from crushing the poor sweet thing.:rotfl2:

Yay, Breezysmom! Looks great! :cheer2:

Thanks for getting us started, and for updating all the new TRs!

(Maiaipapaya, Tuvalu's secret is out!) :laughing:

Yay!!! Another diisboard thread that we can fill with wonderful knowledge, fun, and compliments!! great job breezysmom!:worship:

Yay, Breezysmom! Looks great! :cheer2:

Thanks for getting us started, and for updating all the new TRs!

(Maiaipapaya, Tuvalu's secret is out!) :laughing:

I know how you feel...my Fav GV Figi has been getting lots of talk lately :rolleyes1 I was hoping I could keep that Longhouse on the downlow for GV requests. :rotfl:

Whoo-hooo, Am I the first one here??? Thanks, BreezysMom for all you do!!

First thread poster prize goes to you :cool1:

Very nice job, breezy!:thumbsup2

The Poly holds a special place in my heart! It's the first WDW resort we stayed at 16 years ago!
I've stayed many times in the Hawaii, Raratonga and especially the Tonga longhouses.
The suites in the Tonga are fabulous, I've stayed in all except the Ambassador Suites. Most of my pics were on tikiman's site, I hope he will put them back on, esp the renovated suite pictures.:)

Going to stay at the BC in May, but we're booking the Poly for our next WDW trip!

OK! Steve needs to cough those up! I will pay Tonga Toast and Dole Whips for some of those pics! :worship::worship::worship:

:lovestrucThanks Breezy!:disrocks:

Mahalo, BeezysMom!

Thanks! We have a great thread thanks to everyone :grouphug:

You guys are cracking me up about the lizards. To me just a hazard of life in South Florida. Couple of warnings. When you open a door stand back or you may end up with one on your head. Also if your shower is brown stone (such as mine) watch the floor when you get in.....especially during baby season.:lmao:

Number one thing to know is how to scream my dd's name to come get the nasty creature out of the shower so you don't have to shuffle your feet the entire time to keep from crushing the poor sweet thing.:rotfl2:

Lizards :confused3 This is why I request third floor rooms. Anything smaller than my dog freaks me out! :scared1:

Breezysmom -- this is great! Thank you for setting it up!:goodvibes

yay:yay:thanks so much for this!!!!!!

Yay!!! Another diisboard thread that we can fill with wonderful knowledge, fun, and compliments!! great job breezysmom!:worship:

Aloha! Thanks BreezysMom for all your hard work on this thread:banana:
My family and I love the Poly:woohoo:

Welcome to everyone...we will just continue the party from here! party:

Time to go to bed now!:faint:

See you tomorrow :wave2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter