ALOHA! The Poly FAQ~ Spring 2010 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, we received it a few weeks before our trip and handed it to the guy at the gate (we were driving over from the Dolphin), after that, it was a breeze, we were parked and whisked away to our room (at 8:30 in the morning!!!) it was great!

Thx for the info. DME is driving us on, so I will give it to the valet outside! :goodvibes

Does anyone know what time the shuttle boat that goes from the Poly to MK starts running each morning? Thanks! :goodvibes

Here you go!

DSC04435.JPG

I was all set to answer and then I saw that I was totally trumped by SeaSpray with her photo!:lmao:

Thank you, SeaSpray! It has been a long time since I've posted on the Poly board. You were my "introduction to the Poly" nearly two years ago. So thank you for making me a Poly fan (enjoyed our first trip last year and now going again this fall). :thumbsup2

You're welcome! :sunny: I'm glad you enjoyed your trip last year, and I hope you have an excellent time this fall!!!! :yay:

Hi everyone! :wave2:

I have handed the Poly FAQ to someone who I think will do a great job! So keep an eye out for the next inception of the best thread of the DIS!

It was a fun thread to put together and easy as there are so many Poly experts that any and all questions eventually get answered.

I will still be around to add my Poly knowledge and hang out and plan trips and talk about our trips with you all! :grouphug:

I am anxiously awaiting to see the new thread :worship:

Thanks for handling the Polynesian FAQ Breezysmom!! You've done a wonderful job! :hug: Can't wait to see the new one too! :surfweb:

Hey everyone, I'm a new Dis'er, obsessive planner, and first-timer to stay on-site this October. I've been to Disney several times, but never stayed on-site, so I'm super-excited! I've also managed to convince my dh to book a stay at the Poly, which I've fallen on love with after reading this entire thread and looking at all the pictures.

We got a pin for free dining, so I'm thrilled to take advantage of that, since I was planning on the dining plan anyway. But it also means we can stay at the Poly instead of Pop, which I had been considering due to price (I'm still holding out hope for a 40% off room deal, since that would save me more, even with dining).

Now on to my question...is there a huge difference between a lagoon view and a theme park view? I'm trying to justify paying extra for tpv.

Hey everyone, I'm a new Dis'er, obsessive planner, and first-timer to stay on-site this October. I've been to Disney several times, but never stayed on-site, so I'm super-excited! I've also managed to convince my dh to book a stay at the Poly, which I've fallen on love with after reading this entire thread and looking at all the pictures.

We got a pin for free dining, so I'm thrilled to take advantage of that, since I was planning on the dining plan anyway. But it also means we can stay at the Poly instead of Pop, which I had been considering due to price (I'm still holding out hope for a 40% off room deal, since that would save me more, even with dining).

Now on to my question...is there a huge difference between a lagoon view and a theme park view? I'm trying to justify paying extra for tpv.

Welcome! We did GV, so I don't know for sure, but I have seen photos people have posted of LV rooms and they had views of MK, but with a tree in the way (but not really blocking much). I'm sure, though, that there are LV rooms that aren't as good.

My DS is sooooooooooooooooooo excited, he likes to look up the disboards with me. Gets me more excited, as if I need help doing that:lmao:!

When we were there a few years ago (also a family of five with kids who were 6, 9 and 12 then) we found the patio to be great. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 The kids just could slip outside and play on the grass in front of the patio and they also loved the ducks that came up to visit. We liked the patio so much that we have requested a patio room at the Poly for our upcoming August trip.:goodvibes

The patio does look nice. I suppose I am a worry wort and don't know if I should request it with an active 5yr. old because I am worried about the patio leading right to a pool or marina area. Since he is never out of my sight and I wake up easy, I'm sure everything would be fine, but nonetheless I worry about everything!:rolleyes:

The longhouses with the bigger rooms are Tahiti, Rapa Nui and Tokelau, but honestly ALL of the rooms at the Poly are very large. As luck would have it, these are also the only 3 longhouses with balconies on both the 2nd and 3rd floors (all other longhouses have full balconies on 3rd flor and faux balconies on 2nd floor). The only longhouses with double sinks are Tahiti and Rapa Nui, but of the 3, Tokelau is the most centrally located, and therefore has A LOT of love from DISers. Tahiti and Rapa Nui are very close to the TTC, but are considered by some to be just a little too remote from the GCH and the main pool. Of course, everything is relative, and how you perceive the distance could be related to how mobile your family is and how the weather is during your stay!

With regards to patio or balcony question, lots of families with younger kids prefer the patio; it provides more space, and you can walk out and enjoy the grounds from most patios (some are enclosed by close-lying shrubs). I personally prefer the balcony for the view, but I don't have younger kids.

Wow, that sounds great that the longhouses with the largest rooms are also the ones with balconies on both floors. Maybe I should just make a request for one of those three longhouses since I guess I would be happy with a balcony or a patio. Since this is our first time onsite and at the Poly, the only request that I really want to make sure I get is to at least have a balcony or patio. As far as the grounds, I really don't know what I will like yet.

Would it be better for me to request those longhouses for a better chance of getting one or should I just say "balcony or patio"?

Hi everyone! :wave2:

I have handed the Poly FAQ to someone who I think will do a great job! So keep an eye out for the next inception of the best thread of the DIS!

It was a fun thread to put together and easy as there are so many Poly experts that any and all questions eventually get answered.

I will still be around to add my Poly knowledge and hang out and plan trips and talk about our trips with you all! :grouphug:

I am anxiously awaiting to see the new thread :worship:

It doesn't look like you'll have to wait too long!

Hello everyone! I'd just like to let you know that the new thread is now up and running and can be found right here! Come on over and continue the fun!

Thank you BreezysMom, you've done a wonderful job keeping things going on the FAQ, and I look forward to taking it from here. I hope that it stays the best thread on the DIS!

I kind of rushed it up tonight, because I wanted to be in well under the lock, I'll be cleaning things up throughout today. Feel free to PM me with any suggestions! I can't wait to see you all over at the new thread!

MIDisFan, What a breathtaking view, and AWESOME photos!! What kind of camera did you use?

Thanks. It was an amazing view. Definitely the best view we have ever had. I shot those pics with a canon 7d. Somehow I managed to pack my monopod but not my tripod so i had to sit the camera on the railing outside the patio.

Wow!

Those pics are fabulous! You shoud post them over to the new Poly thread because this one is going to get shut down soon as it is appproaching megathread status! I would hate for them to get missed!

Everyone come continue the Poly discussion over at the Poly Fall FAQ

We are trying to move the discussion over there for now so we don't have two threads going!

Aloha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter