ALOHA! The Poly FAQ~ Spring 2010 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, live from the poly! The resort must be at capacity because when we checked in they put us in samoa on the second floor and my biggest request was a patio or balcony. So when I asked if there was anywhere in any longhouse with a patio or balcony the CM got on the phone and asked and then said no rooms available with a patio or balcony! After pushing some more and telling them we would wait if that was a factor we were told there was a balcony room available so we took it. We are in Samoa on the quite pool side, we have a view of...trees. That's okay though because we have a balcony and that's what I really wanted.

We can hear the music from the pool and have a nice breeze from the trees.

Headed to look around the resort I will certainly look for some resort specific merchandise and see what I can find.

Ahhhh....:goodvibes Thanks for the update and for the great imagery of the music, breeze and trees from your balcony! :cloud9:

Hi everyone, live from the poly! The resort must be at capacity because when we checked in they put us in samoa on the second floor and my biggest request was a patio or balcony. So when I asked if there was anywhere in any longhouse with a patio or balcony the CM got on the phone and asked and then said no rooms available with a patio or balcony! After pushing some more and telling them we would wait if that was a factor we were told there was a balcony room available so we took it. We are in Samoa on the quite pool side, we have a view of...trees. That's okay though because we have a balcony and that's what I really wanted.

Headed to look around the resort I will certainly look for some resort specific merchandise and see what I can find.

Hope you have a magical vacation!

It was so cute, we had Emina as a mousekeeper every day and she was just amazing. Hope you get them too! I have lots more pics that I'll post in dribs and drabs, I don't want to bore everyone with all of my photos!!! But here's a cool one for now:

297.jpg
:lmao:We were in 3520 the week of the 4th! We had Emina, too, and shse was wonderful!!! We had many of the same towel animals that you pictured plus a few others.

Thanks so much for the update!!! I hope you have a wonderful stay!!!

I guess the first thing I need to do is come up with a definitive room request. We are booked garden view. I told the CM to add that I wanted a "full balcony", but now I'm not so sure. I have been looking at some of the pics with patios and those look really awesome as well.

Which longhouses have the larger rooms? We will be a family of 5. Also, which longhouses have balconies on both the 2nd and 3rd floors? I'm not sure if requesting a certain longhouse or simply requesting a balcony or patio would be best?! Does anyone have any experiences to share as far as liking balconies or patios better?

I already have too many questions! LOL

When we were there a few years ago (also a family of five with kids who were 6, 9 and 12 then) we found the patio to be great. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 The kids just could slip outside and play on the grass in front of the patio and they also loved the ducks that came up to visit. We liked the patio so much that we have requested a patio room at the Poly for our upcoming August trip.:goodvibes

I'm planning a Polynesian stay December 10-15 in a Garden View room. We have a three-year-old, who will be almost four by our trip, and my husband and myself. Never been to the Polynesian, or any Disney resort, before, and it's the first Disney trip for my son. (We haven't been in 15 years or so.) Any advice on room requests?

I'd prefer something recently renovated and, if possible, with two sinks. I think a balcony would be better but, other than that, I don't know what/where to ask for.

I read several pages of the thread but didn't see exactly what I was searching for in terms of finding out exactly what to ask for (longhouse, floor, etc.). If we could sneak a view of the fireworks from Garden View that would be great, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Point my in the right direction if I'm missing something obvious that's already out there.

Does anyone know what time the shuttle boat that goes from the Poly to MK starts running each morning? Thanks! :goodvibes

I'm planning a Polynesian stay December 10-15 in a Garden View room. We have a three-year-old, who will be almost four by our trip, and my husband and myself. Never been to the Polynesian, or any Disney resort, before, and it's the first Disney trip for my son. (We haven't been in 15 years or so.) Any advice on room requests?

I'd prefer something recently renovated and, if possible, with two sinks. I think a balcony would be better but, other than that, I don't know what/where to ask for.

I read several pages of the thread but didn't see exactly what I was searching for in terms of finding out exactly what to ask for (longhouse, floor, etc.). If we could sneak a view of the fireworks from Garden View that would be great, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Point my in the right direction if I'm missing something obvious that's already out there.

:welcome: to the Dis!

We had a beautiful 3rd floor GV room in Samoa last year overlooking the Volcano pool. It only had one sink, though. Check out Tikiman's website. He has a lot of information about the Poly and the different longhouses.
http://www.tikimanpages.com/tiki/

I guess the first thing I need to do is come up with a definitive room request. We are booked garden view. I told the CM to add that I wanted a "full balcony", but now I'm not so sure. I have been looking at some of the pics with patios and those look really awesome as well.

Which longhouses have the larger rooms? We will be a family of 5. Also, which longhouses have balconies on both the 2nd and 3rd floors? I'm not sure if requesting a certain longhouse or simply requesting a balcony or patio would be best?! Does anyone have any experiences to share as far as liking balconies or patios better?

I already have too many questions! LOL

The longhouses with the bigger rooms are Tahiti, Rapa Nui and Tokelau, but honestly ALL of the rooms at the Poly are very large. As luck would have it, these are also the only 3 longhouses with balconies on both the 2nd and 3rd floors (all other longhouses have full balconies on 3rd flor and faux balconies on 2nd floor). The only longhouses with double sinks are Tahiti and Rapa Nui, but of the 3, Tokelau is the most centrally located, and therefore has A LOT of love from DISers. Tahiti and Rapa Nui are very close to the TTC, but are considered by some to be just a little too remote from the GCH and the main pool. Of course, everything is relative, and how you perceive the distance could be related to how mobile your family is and how the weather is during your stay!

With regards to patio or balcony question, lots of families with younger kids prefer the patio; it provides more space, and you can walk out and enjoy the grounds from most patios (some are enclosed by close-lying shrubs). I personally prefer the balcony for the view, but I don't have younger kids.

ALOOOOOOHA! We are checking in one week from today, and my biggest "worry" is getting a room without a balcony (but we'll still be at the Poly, so I'll be OK if that happens). It's great that they were able to accommodate you when you were persistent. Isn't the location of Samoa wonderful? Have a magnificent time! Can't wait to read more about your trip!

Have a great time! I can almost hear the music and feel the breeze. . .nah, it's just the storm blowing through here. :lmao:

Also I was wondering has anyone whose stayed CL ever received an email letter to give to the Valet at the Polynesian! I received one today. TIA.
.:thumbsup2

single digit dance:banana:

Enjoy your stay!! Don't spend too much of it here ;)

Hey everybody! I'm on a business trip so I'm not able to access the boards as much as I normally do.

To everyone that is on their way or at the Poly - :cool1: - Have a good time!

For those going around the 3rd week of September, definitely find some pics of yourselves and post them so we can all recognize each other. I've tried meeting fellow members at the Poly before and couldn't because we had NO idea what we looked like :rotfl: We should especially post those close to our departure dates (which hopefully arrive soon but not so quickly that other folks can't enjoy their vacations slllllooooowwwwwllllyyyy. ;) )

Talk to you guys in more detail in a few days!

Also I was wondering has anyone whose stayed CL ever received an email letter to give to the Valet at the Polynesian! I received one today. TIA.
.:thumbsup2

single digit dance:banana:

Yes, we received it a few weeks before our trip and handed it to the guy at the gate (we were driving over from the Dolphin), after that, it was a breeze, we were parked and whisked away to our room (at 8:30 in the morning!!!) it was great!

Here you go!

DSC04435.JPG

Thank you, SeaSpray! It has been a long time since I've posted on the Poly board. You were my "introduction to the Poly" nearly two years ago. So thank you for making me a Poly fan (enjoyed our first trip last year and now going again this fall). :thumbsup2

Thanks also, Breezysmom, for keeping the Poly thread up and running! :goodvibes

Tess.....hope this is another memorable trip for you!! :)

Hi everyone! :wave2:

I have handed the Poly FAQ to someone who I think will do a great job! So keep an eye out for the next inception of the best thread of the DIS!

It was a fun thread to put together and easy as there are so many Poly experts that any and all questions eventually get answered.

I will still be around to add my Poly knowledge and hang out and plan trips and talk about our trips with you all! :grouphug:

I am anxiously awaiting to see the new thread :worship:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter