ALOHA! The Poly FAQ~ Spring 2010 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Zuzu03, for the wonderful pictures. I love that second shot. I've seen it a million times, but it never, ever gets old!! It just further whets my appetite for my next trip home.

Here's a question... Has anyone ever eaten their Polynesian photo chocolate bar? Is it any good? I'm curious because we have 2 of them (in the back of the photo below, the longish one is oooooold), and they both sit on our "Disney Shelf" as souvenirs. Not that I would eat them now anyway... Just curious.

shelf.jpg

Aloha! As a longtime POLY guest, I assure you the place is filled with people having a good time. I teach children like your Joshua & believe me, I'd rather have your family as next-door neighbors at the POLY than the last time we stayed with 5 twenty-something frat boys above us! :scared1:

You may feel more comfortable on a ground floor with a patio that has easy 'onto-the-grass' access for when Joshua needs outside time. :flower3:

Thanks have thought about ground floor also - good advice. ;)

Here's a question... Has anyone ever eaten their Polynesian photo chocolate bar? Is it any good? I'm curious because we have 2 of them (in the back of the photo below, the longish one is oooooold), and they both sit on our "Disney Shelf" as souvenirs. Not that I would eat them now anyway... Just curious.

shelf.jpg

Yes! lol We always eat them when we get back home, although we haven't eaten the one that we received 2 weeks ago yet. It's the first time that it was the smaller square, but it's probably just as tasty. The picture is printed on edible paper. We think the chocolate is good; not the best we've ever had, but not the worst. And maybe it tastes a little better because we know it's from Disney. LOL Enjoy! popcorn::

Are you looking at AP discounts? For my dates, I had looked almost every day for a couple weeks and all that showed as available for CL was TPV. Well, one day up pops GV. I jumped on it. The next day GV wasn't showing again. When I booked I did check to see if I move our checkin a day earlier (we're starting our trip a week earlier at POFQ so it's just a matter of when we switch resorts) but there wasn't any availability for that earlier date.

There just may not be enough need for discounting the GV CL rooms over your dates for Disney to offer a discount. Keep checking because it can happen (as it did for me). I would though be working on a plan B in case you don't find any GV CL rooms with a discount for your dates.

No, we're not looking at AP discounts. We have a pin. So I guess I should be calling everyday. Oh man, I dread going through the menu again! :laughing:

That could be true. I think if they have the rooms they will offer the discounts. It's a lot to pay for a rack rate, but maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part. I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Back up plan is just to say at the poly! We don't need to stay CL, but it would be nice if we could since I gave anything for my 30th birthday for this vacation as well as our anni. :)

Wow, I called yesterday to upgrade from GV to LV & was told there is nothing avail. he said he also checked GF & CR & there was nothing avail anywhere. (I was really just interested in Poly, but it was nice of him to check for me) our dates are 9/17 - 9/26

Wow, that's weird. Maybe switch to our dates? :dance3: :)

They had a few that were CL that were not the Poly but still on the rail. I did consider a split trip when they had CR.. but it would have been more of a pain then it was worth.

Thank you Zuzu03, for the wonderful pictures. I love that second shot. I've seen it a million times, but it never, ever gets old!! It just further whets my appetite for my next trip home.

shelf.jpg

Did you buy those at the Poly or were they a gift at check in or something?? I have alot to learn about the Poly, guess I better get started!!:woohoo:

Hi All! Long time no see :goodvibes

I am glad everyone who just went had a great trip and I am so happy to see some new pics! :worship:

ZuZu...we had the same exact room our last trip! I am glad you guys had a great time! I really enjoyed that location.

I just wanted to check in because we are reaching our 250 page max soon. When we get close I can just copy and paste the first few posts of the thread to start the next inception of the Poly FAQ or is someone else is insterested in starting the next one?

I don't mind just transfering over the beginning info but I have a lot of things going on so I can't make many changes or anything. If you do have ideas or any interest in starting a new FAQ let me know in PM or we can just continue on from this one. The Poly FAQ pretty much runs itself because we have so many frequent Poly lovers! :love:

I miss you all and I look forward to getting back into Disney trip planning mode and hanging out here more soon :grouphug:

jetskigrl,

That's so weird my husband never talks about trips before hand, He says he has to focus on work and he never gets too excited about a trip in advance, or he doesn't show it. But this Disney trip he's asked so many questions and he brings it up in conversation to me all the time, It's wonderful, It makes me even more excited, if that's at all possible....

Speaking of packing for your family-- Am I the only one who packs for myself, the kids and my husband and the golf clubs. On the trip I even put toothpaste on all their toothbrushes (including husbands) in morning and at night, I think its because I'm a little bit of a control freak--a little OCD maybe... Do yall also keep your hotel room neat, I make my beds and have everything put away in its neat little place... The mousekeeper or housekeepers never have much to do in my rooms..LOL!

P.S. Did I mention, I have not worked outside of my home since my children were born so I consider it my job...and take pride in it!!!

Have a magical day!

ROFL - well I don't go to quite the extent (with the toothbrushes, LOL) but I do tend to most of the prep work, both before we go and at the hotel ;) Honestly, we haven't done a trip like this with the kids before. We have done some smaller vacations (long weekends, etc) or long vacations to visit family. But I haven't stayed for 10 nights at a resort since my honeymoon 15 years ago, so this will be a first as a family :cool1:

Hey everyone, I'm currently on the road and about 100 miles away from being at the Poly! I just wanted to say thanks for all re great info I got from the boards and this thread.

I'll be updating via twitter and I'll try to post here to occasionally. I'll be at the Poly for 12 days so if anyone has questions or anything they'd like me to find out why I'm here I'll try to do that for you!

Hey everyone, I'm currently on the road and about 100 miles away from being at the Poly! I just wanted to say thanks for all re great info I got from the boards and this thread.

I'll be updating via twitter and I'll try to post here to occasionally. I'll be at the Poly for 12 days so if anyone has questions or anything they'd like me to find out why I'm here I'll try to do that for you!

Have a safe trip! Lucky dog!:cool1:

I can't remember if we had toys around the room, but they certainly had stuffed animals and we had a pack n play in the room. So I assumed they knew. We have only stayed at the Poly once. Last time we stayed at the GF. No animals there either.

We arrive on August 1st.... when do you all get to the Poly? I bet this trip the Hawaii building will be over run with boys! :cool1:

My family arrives the day before you, July 31 - August 7th. I have a feeling alot of boys also...I do have one girl though, so that helps!! :wizard:

Hi All! Long time no see :goodvibes

I am glad everyone who just went had a great trip and I am so happy to see some new pics! :worship:

ZuZu...we had the same exact room our last trip! I am glad you guys had a great time! I really enjoyed that location.

I just wanted to check in because we are reaching our 250 page max soon. When we get close I can just copy and paste the first few posts of the thread to start the next inception of the Poly FAQ or is someone else is insterested in starting the next one?

I don't mind just transfering over the beginning info but I have a lot of things going on so I can't make many changes or anything. If you do have ideas or any interest in starting a new FAQ let me know in PM or we can just continue on from this one. The Poly FAQ pretty much runs itself because we have so many frequent Poly lovers! :love:

I miss you all and I look forward to getting back into Disney trip planning mode and hanging out here more soon :grouphug:

:flower3::wave2: Good to see you. . .wow, yet another 250 pages. . .:woohoo: You're right, the thread does pretty much run itself if you have the time and/or inclination to copy and transfer to the "late summer/fall" edition. :yay:

Hi Babyfu - you must be so excited - If you have time I would love to see pics of any Poly specific merchandise from Boutikki. Thanks and have a wonderful vacation. Aloha

Hi, we have reservations for the luau during our visit in early August, but can someone tell me how it works in terms of getting tickets? Where, when, etc?

Did you buy those at the Poly or were they a gift at check in or something?? I have alot to learn about the Poly, guess I better get started!!:woohoo:

I believe the longer bar was a purchase and the smaller one was a gift left for us in the room on our honeymoon - it was one of the many little Poly touches that made our first Disney trip together so special!

If I'm wrong, I'm sure Guitarob will correct me! :)

I believe the longer bar was a purchase and the smaller one was a gift left for us in the room on our honeymoon - it was one of the many little Poly touches that made our first Disney trip together so special!

If I'm wrong, I'm sure Guitarob will correct me! :)

Both gifts actually... The longer bar was 2006, the smaller 2009 :)

Hi everyone, live from the poly! The resort must be at capacity because when we checked in they put us in samoa on the second floor and my biggest request was a patio or balcony. So when I asked if there was anywhere in any longhouse with a patio or balcony the CM got on the phone and asked and then said no rooms available with a patio or balcony! After pushing some more and telling them we would wait if that was a factor we were told there was a balcony room available so we took it. We are in Samoa on the quite pool side, we have a view of...trees. That's okay though because we have a balcony and that's what I really wanted.

We can hear the music from the pool and have a nice breeze from the trees.

Headed to look around the resort I will certainly look for some resort specific merchandise and see what I can find.

I guess the first thing I need to do is come up with a definitive room request. We are booked garden view. I told the CM to add that I wanted a "full balcony", but now I'm not so sure. I have been looking at some of the pics with patios and those look really awesome as well.

Which longhouses have the larger rooms? We will be a family of 5. Also, which longhouses have balconies on both the 2nd and 3rd floors? I'm not sure if requesting a certain longhouse or simply requesting a balcony or patio would be best?! Does anyone have any experiences to share as far as liking balconies or patios better?

I already have too many questions! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter