ALOHA! The Poly FAQ: Winter 2011 Edition

Having 3 youngish ones myself and being one that also does shorter park trips (ie non commando), I HIGHLY recommend CL. Even *if* snacks are low (which we never had an issue with) having the extra space of the lounge to "chill" in was very much appreciated. It gave the kids some room to spread out (mainly sit in the kiddie area and watch TV and drink/snack) and us adult a little space to sit at a separate table to gaze at the castle and enjoy some uninterrupted conversation. We also loved getting the kids ready for bed, then walking to the lounge to watch the ELP and Wishes, have a little drink ourselves ;) and then walk back to the room to put them to bed. The CL lounge is one of the things my kids remember most about our trips, they absolutely loved it in there. :lovestruc

This describes why we enjoyed CL as well. DS5 loved the "little fridg" where he could go and get a whole can of Sprite! And yes, it is a family vacation, but DH and I did appreciate getting 20 minutes or so to sit quietly and eat a snack while the kids sat at the little table eating their snack and watching cartoons. Really added a feeling of relaxation to our vacation.

I did almost the same thing - switched from GV to CL/GV. We are so excited. I wonder if we will be there the same time as your family? This will be our first stay at the Poly.

We're going Dec. 11-16. I feel much better about upgrading to club level now. Seems like the benefits will far outweigh the possible negatives. Maybe we'll see you there!

Looking at ticker, getting close! I hope everyone is safe, Tropical storm coming in! Hope the rain disappears quickly!:)

Looking at ticker, getting close! I hope everyone is safe, Tropical storm coming in! Hope the rain disappears quickly!:)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! Look at it this way, during a storm the parks are way less crowded, LOL! No wait! :thumbsup2

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! Look at it this way, during a storm the parks are way less crowded, LOL! No wait! :thumbsup2

Thx I need it, my hubby called me from work yesterday and said look up weather.com, HUGE tropical storm came out of no where right towards Orlando, I was like "you're freaking kidding me" but noticed it was more this week and we leave Friday for WDW Saturday- now rain is on my mind. I don't mind a little rain, but a tropical storm usually brings quite a bit behind it! Awwww- Pray for me, PLEASE!!!!:worship:

Has anyone been to The Grand Floridian Spa, I've scheduled a massage for my recent visit and just wondering your overall experience?;)

Well, we found out a little too late about the GF Spa.... there is a full gym in the facility that is open to ALL Poly guests for free.... also a little know fact... you can help yourself to womens and gentlemens lounge where there is free coffee, tea, fresh fruit, showers, hot tub, sauna, steam room etc... all free for the taking and using if you are staying at the Poly or GF.

We requested a late check out this past friday and our Magic Express bus did not leave until 4:30pm for the airport. We had 3 hours to kill and the girls walked over to see the Wedding Chapel. Across from the chapel is the Spa... they wandered in to explore and found the place vertually empty. The gal behind he desk gave them a full tour of the facility and told them about the use free use of the facilities.

Needless to say, I checked our carry on's with the Valet and headed over. Did a walk in head, neck and back massage and enjoyed the rest of the spa for 1.5 hours before heading back to the Poly.

If I would have known of this availability, I would have been over there every day soaking my sore muscles!

I highly recommend the short walk ... you will enjoy it. Just hand the desk person your room key and have at it.

:yay::yay::yay: Enjoy!

Hey everyone! The "new" continuation of the thread can be found here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2762154

Once again, if I've missed something or failed to add something you'd like added, let me know via PM. Don't post in the thread in case I miss it.

Some people have sent me photos which I have to get inserted into the thread, and they'll be coming soon.

Enjoy!

Trying to find the pages on this thread regarding the cabanas....can anyone tell me what pages they are on :) Thanks so much!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter