ALOHA! The Poly FAQ: Winter 2011 Edition

I Only have 35 more days for our FIRST stay at the POLY and we are so EXCITED! :cool1:
I love reading all about the Poly on this board you guys are fantastic!!
Have a great trip everyone leaving soon.:)

Just had to pop in and say :cool1::thumbsup2:goodvibes 5 weeks from today we check in to the Poly! We got our ME documents today and everything feels so official now!

I'm checking in with four weeks until checking in at the Poly for the first time. We are so excited! It's our dream resort.

This is the first time we have stayed here, so I can't tell you about repairs, but the place is fabulous... we have just loved staying here and would do it again. The Boat or Monorail ride to MK is worth it for sure!

Sat on the balcony tonight for the last evening and watched the MK fireworks at 10pm... Wow, they are great. Third floor TPV from Tuvalu is awesome!!! :thumbsup2

You get to see twice as much fun cause the fireworks reflect off the Seven Seas Lagoon and it's beautiful.

Too hard to post pics from my limited internet hookup but once I'm home this weekend... look out, they will be some good ones.

Todays cool story.... DD and I got up early and went to Hollywood so we could try and get a ride on RRC... he lines have been 60-110 minutes long... never worked out for a FP.

So anyway we got in first thing, grabbed a fast pass for RRC, then got in line... 10 mins. later were riding, jumped off, ran to Tower of Terror and 10 minutes we were done with that... walked back to RRC and it was time to use our FP. 5 mins. and we were riding the 2nd time. Out of the park and back to Poly with those major rides done in 1.5 hours!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I said all that to say this.... the parks are great, but folks you just have to take time to breath in the Poly... just do nothing but walk the grounds, swim, hit the beach, make a Smore at the campfire, watch a disney flick, eat at O'hana... Oh, another story there....

We eat O'hana saturday night, DD and DW said they would love to do that again... all week I'm checking with Concierge and no luck... nothing. I'm pulling all kind of strngs and no deal. So I see that the guy at the check-in for O'hana is from PA... start talking Steelers and such, he tells me to show up at 4:15 and stand in the walk-in lane... once they seat the 5:00 ADR's there is usually tables available. So I did it tonight, second in line behind a guy from Atlanta. Worked like a charm. 5:00 crowd came through, hen they come over and say how many in your party... 5 minutes later we are eating!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

This week has been fantastic, I wish everyones vacations could be like this.

True to the word from earlier this week, the Poly is filling up. Tons of folks came in today. You can always tell the NEWBIES... they go into Capt Cooks and don't have a clue how to order, pay, get buzzed and pick up. Just funny to watch, cause a week ago ... that was me!:confused3

July is obviously Brazilian tourist month.... the parks are jammed packed every day with groups of 75-100 of them all in color matching shirts led by a tour guide holding a flag. They are rude, noisey and if they get a group in front of you ... the wait goes from 10 minutes to 40 mins. instantly.

They had Main Street completely lined from one end to the other today for the electric light parade... then they start their own show with singing and shouting ...all in Spanish of course... or Brazilian or whatever. Several cast members told me that Disney doesn't know what to do about them. Cast members try to tell them what to do and they just act like... No hablo English!:sad2:

More later with Pics.... gotta get packed! Night all.

Thank you and I'm looking forward to your photos. Glad to hear you had a great trip!

Hey everyone! I notice we're almost reaching our page limit. I'll try to have a new thread going by the end of the weekend! I hope everyone is well! As always, PM me with anything you feel I need to get into the new thread. :goodvibes
Thank you for starting a new thread. You did an amazing job with the first page of this thread. What a beautiful and well organized thread you've provided for so many seeking information and photos. You have really set the bar high for WDW Resort FAQ threads - bravo!

"cale-se" is how to say shut up in Portuguese. (You can also add to that if you know what I mean). I hope they are not that bad in October....this will be our first time during this month.

Great little report...can't wait to hear more and see more!
:rotfl::lmao:
This has international incident written all over itpopcorn::

Look at all the dancing! :banana::banana::banana: Today is one of those days when I can't wait to go back. DD8 has decided that for now we should count in weeks ... I'd have to agree, 14 weeks sounds so much closer than 99 days! :cool1:

Has anyone been to The Grand Floridian Spa, I've scheduled a massage for my recent visit and just wondering your overall experience?;)

2009Disney013.jpg

Even though this isn't my cocktail by the beach glancing at the castle with boat whistles in the background as I dooze of for a little nap while DH has the kids....it will work for now.

What is everyone else looking forward to on their next trip?:cloud9:

Bushman15 - thanks for the live update!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi - love seeing everyone counting down to their trips. Looking forward to some more live reports. We are officially 2 months out!! This summer seems to be flying by - which only makes me a little sad because we'll be at the Poly that much sooner!!

2 months and 11 days for us :cool1:

Actually, time seems to be passing really quickly for us :thumbsup2

28 Days for us!:cool1::cheer2:
I have been loving all the pictures and info from everyone! Our family is so excited. Its my husband, myself and three of our grandchildren. 5,7,8. There first time! Cant wait to show them the world! Its my favorite thing to do!:goodvibes

Oh and Id love to have you read my article on "Millivers Travels". Its about Disney World.
Go to:
http://milliverstravels.com/2011/07/confessions-of-a-disneyophile-how-i-got-hooked/

TTFNpaw:

Another quick question to experienced Poly guests:

How is the soap & shampoo that is provided? I'm getting a few things together and wondering if it's worth packing from home or just use what they offer. We're not very picky but I'm wondering if there's a general consensus on that.
I might just bring a tiny bottle of Pantene for myself; dh & boys couldn't care less about brands of shampoo. :laughing:

I'm assuming they provide a blow dryer too?
It's only a 4 nt stay & I'm trying to not pack a ton.

Thanks!! :goodvibes

How is the soap & shampoo that is provided? I'm getting a few things together and wondering if it's worth packing from home or just use what they offer. We're not very picky but I'm wondering if there's a general consensus on that.
I might just bring a tiny bottle of Pantene for myself; dh & boys couldn't care less about brands of shampoo. :laughing:

Yes there is a blowdryer. And the shampoo & conditioner smell wonderful! :lovestruc We really like the products they provide. :thumbsup2

2 mos and 2 days till Poly... :yay:

2 months and 11 days for us :cool1:

Actually, time seems to be passing really quickly for us :thumbsup2

Woo!! We're right there with you both! :banana::banana::banana:

If you're used to drugstore brands like Pantene, you should be fine (and possibly a little spoiled with the uprgade in product! ;)). Plus, like MaiaPapaya said, it smells great!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter