ALOHA! The Poly FAQ: Winter 2011 Edition

So I guess that I'll be one of the last to post in this thread!

We're so happy to be inside the 90 day/3 month mark. Before that, time seemed to pass sooooo sloooooowly!

Now the compulsive planner in me is (literally) having nightmares about forgetting the 24-hour mark on the flight check in, missing ADRs, etc.

Now the compulsive planner in me is (literally) having nightmares about forgetting the 24-hour mark on the flight check in, missing ADRs, etc.

You'll be fine, don't worry, the planner in u won't let u forget check in or ADR's. Under 90 days is great considering some people wait three years+ to go.:thumbsup2 Have fun with the planning!

Aana: I didn't see anyone reply to your question about Tahiti - so I will. We stay there every time, and love it!! It is quiet, and an easy walk to TTC for the monorail to Epcot, or alternative bus service. It is not too far from GCH or the volcano pool, though we mostly go to the quiet pool. And the rooms are big - it is one of the "newer" longhouses at the Poly. So good choice if that is where you are staying! :thumbsup2

2009Disney013.jpg

Even though this isn't my cocktail by the beach glancing at the castle with boat whistles in the background as I dooze of for a little nap while DH has the kids....it will work for now.

What is everyone else looking forward to on their next trip?:cloud9:

That is the only thing I was disappointed about on my last trip to poly. They had no pineapples for the lapu lapus. Just didn't seem the same without them. :confused3:confused3:confused3

Hi! Just wondering if anyone can tell me about any childrens activities offered (dd5)!:rotfl: Thanks!:cheer2:

I can't seem to find this anywhere, so I'll ask and maybe the question won't get lost in the thread closing abyss before it's answered...

What kind of bedding do they have at the Poly? I understand that they are queens, but what about the sheets and covers? Are they the old fashioned bedspread and blanket setup or something more like a duvet? I can't tell much from the photos.

Thanks!

:cool1: and this is my 85 day dance!

I can't seem to find this anywhere, so I'll ask and maybe the question won't get lost in the thread closing abyss before it's answered...

What kind of bedding do they have at the Poly? I understand that they are queens, but what about the sheets and covers? Are they the old fashioned bedspread and blanket setup or something more like a duvet? I can't tell much from the photos.

Thanks!

:cool1: and this is my 85 day dance!

Bedspread and blanket. I found the sheets to be quite comfy too.

Can't wait.... Heading back to Poly -- my first stay was 34 years ago at age 5! This will be our 10th WDW trip in two years so we've been over to the Poly to eat but we have never stayed there. So excited!!! Can't wait!

HI All!
I just wanted to say hello and I'm so glad this thread was started (a long time ago...) because there is so much good info on it!!
WE are going to WDW FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER:cool1: and we chose the Poly. I hope we are doing the right thing! It sure looks beautiful. My son is looking forward to the waterslide and my daughter loves sushi and fruit and my husband and I really want one of those pineapple drinks!!
anyway...I just had to blow off some excitement steam because we just don't know what to expect on this trip and EVERYTHING will be new to us. My kids are older too so we're going to be able to do sooo much and not deal w/ strollers and naps. awwww Well, naps for me and David maybe.

check out my pre trip report! link in my signature

I've been reading this thread for days and got so many great ideas and tips. We're going in December and it seems like years away.

Originally we booked a lagoon view, but yesterday I switched to a club level garden view. I'm a little nervous about that decision though. I've read lots of positive comments and reviews about the lounge/food, but also lots of negative ones.

My biggest worry is that the snacks and food will be a big disappointment. I read many times there were low supplies and the staff was often indifferent. But my main reason for opting to stay club level is the easy access to snacks and drinks with three young kids. We plan on short trips to the parks so we'll be in the resort often (I think).

Any advice for me? Stay club level or switch back to lagoon view and get food via garden grocer?

I'm new to this thread too! I need to go back and read all about the beautiful Poly. I'm considering this resort for a very special 13th birthday trip for my oldest daughter. :goodvibes

I've been reading this thread for days and got so many great ideas and tips. We're going in December and it seems like years away.

Originally we booked a lagoon view, but yesterday I switched to a club level garden view. I'm a little nervous about that decision though. I've read lots of positive comments and reviews about the lounge/food, but also lots of negative ones.

My biggest worry is that the snacks and food will be a big disappointment. I read many times there were low supplies and the staff was often indifferent. But my main reason for opting to stay club level is the easy access to snacks and drinks with three young kids. We plan on short trips to the parks so we'll be in the resort often (I think).

Any advice for me? Stay club level or switch back to lagoon view and get food via garden grocer?

Having 3 youngish ones myself and being one that also does shorter park trips (ie non commando), I HIGHLY recommend CL. Even *if* snacks are low (which we never had an issue with) having the extra space of the lounge to "chill" in was very much appreciated. It gave the kids some room to spread out (mainly sit in the kiddie area and watch TV and drink/snack) and us adult a little space to sit at a separate table to gaze at the castle and enjoy some uninterrupted conversation. We also loved getting the kids ready for bed, then walking to the lounge to watch the ELP and Wishes, have a little drink ourselves ;) and then walk back to the room to put them to bed. The CL lounge is one of the things my kids remember most about our trips, they absolutely loved it in there. :lovestruc

I'm new to this thread too! I need to go back and read all about the beautiful Poly. I'm considering this resort for a very special 13th birthday trip for my oldest daughter. :goodvibes

Ahh, nice! Welcome to The DIS' little slice of Poly, graciously set up for us by GuitarRob. :goodvibes Welcome to everyone else too. :thumbsup2

I think a 13th birthday getaway at the Poly is a BRILLIANT idea! (Perhaps we're all a bit biased around here though. :laughing:) Happy planning.

Having 3 youngish ones myself and being one that also does shorter park trips (ie non commando), I HIGHLY recommend CL. Even *if* snacks are low (which we never had an issue with) having the extra space of the lounge to "chill" in was very much appreciated. It gave the kids some room to spread out (mainly sit in the kiddie area and watch TV and drink/snack) and us adult a little space to sit at a separate table to gaze at the castle and enjoy some uninterrupted conversation. We also loved getting the kids ready for bed, then walking to the lounge to watch the ELP and Wishes, have a little drink ourselves ;) and then walk back to the room to put them to bed. The CL lounge is one of the things my kids remember most about our trips, they absolutely loved it in there. :lovestruc

Thanks so much for your info. It would be great for the two older ones to have somewhere to go besides the pool while the baby naps. And watching Wishes so close by sounds like the perfect night routine!

I switched to GV for the first time in May and I can tell you I was in no way sorry. As a matter of fact I booked it for our upcoming trip in Nov/Dec! :goodvibes

It was nice having access to drinks 24/7 and to be able to watch Wishes from the lounge. The snacks were a bonus for us. :thumbsup2

I did almost the same thing - switched from GV to CL/GV. We are so excited. I wonder if we will be there the same time as your family? This will be our first stay at the Poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter