ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: Summer 2011 Edition!

They will let you check it out prior to checking them in! We did this once and got hooked. The kids love doing this and DH and I love our night alone at Epcot!

When we dropped off our kids there in September, it was last minute. We just took them over to peek in the doors (no one was there until 3:45 p.m. approx.)
The front desk said we could bring them to the club around that time to check them in. The club didn't actually open until 4 pm.
We just filled out paperwork in the front, were given a pager, and the kids went in through Wendy's window and were off to play! We didn't go in but could see from the entrance all the different play areas.
We were nervous leaving them but it turned out great. They all had dinner there, made some take home crafts and asked to go back the next night! I would recommend it, it's nice to have a night out with DH. We will do it again too for our 10th anniversary trip in Sept, we just have to decide where to go eat!!
:)
Thank you both for filling me in on the Neverland Club! I'm not so nervous for myself, but DD can be shy and a worrier, so I'm hoping she can see how fun it is for a minute before we're like, "Crawl in that window. Bye!" :) We'll see how she's doing before deciding to have an adults evening at the Poly or if we can brave going over to Epcot for awhile.

I told DH it was obvious we spent our money on vacations and not clothes because it's the same clothes in all the photos (and I mean every trip!) :laughing:
Hilarious! And so true. I have the same Disney vacation shirts that I wear each trip. This year, I've tried to buy at least one new one to swap out one of the shirts that has been in tons of previous vacation photos! :laughing:

Can you guess our favorite longhouse???
DSC00199.jpg

DSC00198.jpg

And this is from Oct 2011 on our surprise trip. Guess where we just came from??? ;)
29917420000.jpg

And DH and I were laughing because this is the pic we had from Sept 2010 (a year before but also from MNSSHP and a stay at the Poly).
2010DisneyFamilyPhoto.jpg

I told DH it was obvious we spent our money on vacations and not clothes because it's the same clothes in all the photos (and I mean every trip!) :laughing:

Your family is adorable! I am glad to see another mom and dad that care more about family vacations then clothes, that is how we are too.
Tokelau is our favourite too!!
It is funny what you said about the kids club, after day 5 and our stress at DD, we didn't think twice about doing it. We all needed a break from eachother and the kids loved having other kids around them again to play with, not just eachother :)

I am thouroughly confused b/c I've asked before and was told the Neverland Club was for 3 - whatever age, but a few pages back someone mentioned it starts at age 4. Anyone know for sure? I wasn't going to do it, b/c my youngest wouldn't be able to go...but the more I think about it, DH and I could drop the 3 and 6 year old off at neverland, and just take baby with us. We would probalby just walk through WS, and I could just put her in my wrap and she would probably sleep. So...can anyone cofirm the ages? ty!!

cute family pic, tinkerbellie! We have requested Tokelau ~ fingers crossed!

I am thouroughly confused b/c I've asked before and was told the Neverland Club was for 3 - whatever age, but a few pages back someone mentioned it starts at age 4. Anyone know for sure? I wasn't going to do it, b/c my youngest wouldn't be able to go...but the more I think about it, DH and I could drop the 3 and 6 year old off at neverland, and just take baby with us. We would probalby just walk through WS, and I could just put her in my wrap and she would probably sleep. So...can anyone cofirm the ages? ty!!

cute family pic, tinkerbellie! We have requested Tokelau ~ fingers crossed!

My kids were 7,5,3 when we used the club in September. They just wanted to be sure she was potty trained. She loved it!!:thumbsup2

My kids were 7,5,3 when we used the club in September. They just wanted to be sure she was potty trained. She loved it!!:thumbsup2

Yes, she is potty trained!! Thanks for the clarification! I think they will love it. Is it silly of us to use it even though we will still have my youngest with us? Anyone have any suggestons of something my DH and I could do (with a 13 month old) that we might not necessarily do with the big girls? I think our Epcot day will probably get cut short, so I'm thinking maybe we could go to WS (sad that the main reason I'm sad about having less time at Epcot is b/c of all the snacks that are on my list to get, lol)!

Yes, she is potty trained!! Thanks for the clarification! I think they will love it. Is it silly of us to use it even though we will still have my youngest with us? Anyone have any suggestons of something my DH and I could do (with a 13 month old) that we might not necessarily do with the big girls? I think our Epcot day will probably get cut short, so I'm thinking maybe we could go to WS (sad that the main reason I'm sad about having less time at Epcot is b/c of all the snacks that are on my list to get, lol)!

what is WS?? :confused3

oops, World Showcase!

Ha!! Okay!! Well maybe it might be nice to wander and look through all the shopping areas, I doubt the little one would be asking to buy things!!
We sometimes had to cut short the browsing in the WS country shops because the older two wanted to get too many things, or just overall left us too distracted to really look at things and enjoy the atmosphere.

All this all about the never land club. But did y'all know there is an in room babysitting service and a take em to the park service as well? :confused3

All this all about the never land club. But did y'all know there is an in room babysitting service and a take em to the park service as well? :confused3

I have always thought about using the Fairy Godmothers, but there's just no way I would personally feel safe leaving my children in our room with a stranger. I would feel better leaving them in a group setting. DS wants to check out the Neverland club this trip. Of course he's finally at a good age for going to signature restaurants. It's the baby that's the problem! :laughing:

I have always thought about using the Fairy Godmothers, but there's just no way I would personally feel safe leaving my children in our room with a stranger. I would feel better leaving them in a group setting. DS wants to check out the Neverland club this trip. Of course he's finally at a good age for going to signature restaurants. It's the baby that's the problem! :laughing:

So glad I have teens. But its a double edge sword. I don't really have to worry about leaving them, feeding them or changing their diapers (they have gotten really good at that:rotfl2:) now I worry what boy/girl they are chasing around he resort while we are having a signature meal.:lmao: I never did that as a teen :rolleyes1

So glad I have teens. But its a double edge sword. I don't really have to worry about leaving them, feeding them or changing their diapers (they have gotten really good at that:rotfl2:) now I worry what boy/girl they are chasing around he resort while we are having a signature meal.:lmao: I never did that as a teen :rolleyes1

:lmao: The baby is really well mannered. She just likes to flirt with everyone sitting near us and anyone who walks by. However, feed her from your plate and she's more than content to sit quietly and eat. She does pretty well for no teeth. I hope I'm that good in my golden years should I forget my dentures at home. ;):rotfl:

Ok for those who fly into Orlando international airport, when getting onto the bus for the poly does anyone know where it stops at as in resort order. Example the POR bus stops at Saratoga, then pofq, then POR.

Thank you.

I looked at the Fairy Godmother service, but thought my kids would have way more fun at The Neverland Club. Plus, I saw some mixed reviews - looks like they have some fabulous sitters, and some not-so-fabulous others. Would feel horrible if we got back and the kids had had a horrible time while DH and I were living it up. :sad2:

As for having someone else take them to the park... maybe it's just me, but :scared1:!!!! I can't imagine trusting someone else to keep them safe in the parks. At least at The Neverland Club, I know they're contained in one area! :thumbsup2

I did know about this service, but I just don't feel comfortable leaving the kids in our hotel room with stranger. I know...they will be with strangers at the neverland club, but I like that it is a group setting and it sounds like there are lots of fun things to do (vs. just hanging out in a hotel room).

Ok for those who fly into Orlando international airport, when getting onto the bus for the poly does anyone know where it stops at as in resort order. Example the POR bus stops at Saratoga, then pofq, then POR.

Thank you.

:banana: Yay for PRIVATE shuttle! :banana:

PS - I'm spoiled, I know!!! Love you mom and dad!!!!! :flower3:

I did know about this service, but I just don't feel comfortable leaving the kids in our hotel room with stranger. I know...they will be with strangers at the neverland club, but I like that it is a group setting and it sounds like there are lots of fun things to do (vs. just hanging out in a hotel room).

I too wasn't completely comfortable with leaving them with one sitter in our hotel room. At least at the club there are other children there to interact with as well.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter