ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: Summer 2011 Edition!

:banana: Yay for PRIVATE shuttle! :banana:

PS - I'm spoiled, I know!!! Love you mom and dad!!!!! :flower3:

They change it up to nessitate their needs. The busy schedule is CR, Poly, GF.
Sometimes it's Poly, WL, GF.

It really is great, but we just get a service to pick us up so that we can get a stop at publix and arrive with our luggage in style. Cost is about $220 round trip. Cheap considering what your already paying. The driver shows up at the bottom of the escalator with a sign.. Goes to luggage place and loads it up in the car while you wait. Here is a pic of our car last year.

The outside
DSC00564.jpg

inside the H2
DSC00574.jpg

It really is great, but we just get a service to pick us up so that we can get a stop at publix and arrive with our luggage in style. Cost is about $220 round trip. Cheap considering what your already paying. The driver shows up at the bottom of the escalator with a sign.. Goes to luggage place and loads it up in the car while you wait. Here is a pic of our car last year.

The outside
DSC00564.jpg

inside the H2
DSC00574.jpg

That is pimpin' alright! I hate limos though. They freak me out. We are just getting an SUV to drive us. LOL!

The outside
DSC00564.jpg

inside the H2
DSC00574.jpg

Wow, just wow. Makes me think a little bit. Very nice thanks for sharing!

You rolled into Publix in that Carl?! :rotfl2:

Wow, just wow. Makes me think a little bit. Very nice thanks for sharing!
I really like the personal service.

That is pimpin' alright! I hate limos though. They freak me out. We are just getting an SUV to drive us. LOL!
We did that one year but the guy was like a military dude. Felt like I had a body guard instead of a driver.

You rolled into Publix in that Carl?! :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: yep.. People were trying to look in. Lol

I really like the personal service.

We did that one year but the guy was like a military dude. Felt like I had a body guard instead of a driver.

:rotfl2: yep.. People were trying to look in. Lol

Yeah probably thought you were some CEO or Movie star.

Tinkerbellie, your family is just beautiful!

Funny about the clothes. My family is exactly the same!

I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin! I will be hugging my loved ones a little extra tight tonight, while saying a prayer for peace for your family.

We had a great WDW vacation last summer. We did one week at a mod (CSR) with free dining. It was so inexpensive compared to our Poly trips, and we loved every moment of it! Every WDW vacation is so special! And now we can't wait to get back to our favorite, Poly!

Beautiful fam!!!! And, the clothes situation for DH and I is the same here!!!! DH is always complaining about having nothing to wear because I give all of our money to the mouse!!! LOL!!!

Your family is adorable! I am glad to see another mom and dad that care more about family vacations then clothes, that is how we are too.
Tokelau is our favourite too!!
It is funny what you said about the kids club, after day 5 and our stress at DD, we didn't think twice about doing it. We all needed a break from eachother and the kids loved having other kids around them again to play with, not just eachother :)

Thanks everyone! I am so ridiculously happy at Disney :) Although I got braces last year so I refused to smile too much in last year's vacation photos. I get the braces off in 2 weeks!

Ok for those who fly into Orlando international airport, when getting onto the bus for the poly does anyone know where it stops at as in resort order. Example the POR bus stops at Saratoga, then pofq, then POR.

Thank you.

It varies but usually they share with GF and Contemporary and sometimes WL. Everytime we have taken ME though, they have dropped off at the Poly first (I don't know if that is routine, or luck!)

I finally rented a car last year and while I LOVE Magical Express, it was really nice to have the car there (especially for groceries, Downtown Disney, and the waterparks). It is not a far walk to the parking lot at the Poly either.

The outside
DSC00564.jpg

inside the H2
DSC00574.jpg

MY GOODNESS CARL! I'm hitching a ride with you!!!

We always had Poly dropped off first (even when we weren't staying there). You just have the deluxes on your bus though, so it doesn't take too long either way.

We always had Poly dropped off first (even when we weren't staying there). You just have the deluxes on your bus though, so it doesn't take too long either way.

Ohh very cool, Thanks soo much. You all are very kind :worship: thank you!

Yeah probably thought you were some CEO or Movie star.
Probably right. Thank goodness the occupy people weren't around:rotfl2:

Thanks everyone! I am so ridiculously happy at Disney :) Although I got braces last year so I refused to smile too much in last year's vacation photos. I get the braces off in 2 weeks!

I finally rented a car last year and while I LOVE Magical Express, it was really nice to have the car there (especially for groceries, Downtown Disney, and the waterparks). It is not a far walk to the parking lot at the Poly either.

MY GOODNESS CARL! I'm hitching a ride with you!!!

Let's go!!.. :rotfl2::thumbsup2

I stress too much about the luggage with MAgical Express. You won't know if a bag is missing until they bring your bags sans one.. AAAAAH! Then you will have to deal with the phone calls and the possibility of a delivery of your found bag at 2am.

I stress too much about the luggage with MAgical Express. You won't know if a bag is missing until they bring your bags sans one.. AAAAAH! Then you will have to deal with the phone calls and the possibility of a delivery of your found bag at 2am.

I'm with you. Even when we use ME, we get our bags and bring them on the bus ourselves.

I'm with you. Even when we use ME, we get our bags and bring them on the bus ourselves.

Asking you Carl and anyone else, Do you have a lot of luggage go missing when staying at the poly? I have never had an issue at POR. There was once we read about someone had a suitcase broken into and supposedly it had 2 iPads in it, a laptop computer, and mac-book air. Supposedly it was broken into between airport and hotel. But they never provided proof they even owned them to begin with.

Asking you Carl and anyone else, Do you have a lot of luggage go missing when staying at the poly? I have never had an issue at POR. There was once we read about someone had a suitcase broken into and supposedly it had 2 iPads in it, a laptop computer, and mac-book air. Supposedly it was broken into between airport and hotel. But they never provided proof they even owned them to begin with.

Noo.. We did have our credit numbers lifted at WL. They didn't take the card but just took the numbers.. Didn't notice until we were auditing our trip. The only reason we noticed was the charges were for valet. We don't drive soo..

The airlines are cracking down on the employee theft of bags though. The was a sting operation set up in philly airport.. And they were busted stealing. The travel insurance would have. Covered the loss of their equipment if they would have purchased it.
It's not so much the loss of the items for us.. It's the hassle of having to buy new underwear.:rotfl2:

Just in from work catching up on boards and enjoying a nice Mai Tai in in my Poly Tiki Glass. Yum !!!

Boards have all but stopped.. How about a pic of your last room view at the poly?? popcorn::
Everyone takes a photo of their room view!! Let's see!!

DSC00581.jpg

want the same room
DSC00613.jpg

popcorn::

I want one!!

What do they look like??

They are clear glass tiki guy smile on one side frown on other. I haven't figured out how to post pics on my iPad yet.

The Mai tai is pretty good Bacardi premixed so not too strong for a Tuesday night.

Wow nice view what building was that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter