Am I doing something wrong (rehire paperwork)

progroupie

Mouseketeer
I've had restricted rehire since finishing my last CP in 2007. I was never termed so I'm not sure why I was restricted to begin with. Since then I've gone through character performer auditions twice and been offered a role pending my rehire approval. I did the rehire paperwork and showed proof of being employed 6+ months including letters of recommendation from my current employers. I did phone interviews where the recruiters sounded optimistic about the chances of it being lifted. Both times I got letters saying the restriction would remain in effect. Obviously they don't give a reason and don't have to. I'm about to audition again and I'm wondering if there's just some silly mistake I'm making in the paperwork. I have 2 jobs currently, one I've held for 3 years and the other 1.5. Could that be making the paperwork confusing? I'm assuming when they look at the employment history you give them they cross reference it with a background check or your tax records? So if for example I listed a job by the name of the specific business I worked at and the corporation uses a different name, would that be causing a problem?
I'm really wracking my brain for ways I can make the process successful this time.

It sounds like you have done everything correctly. Not sure why it would be denied. I was also a rehire with a restricted status. I had my restriction removed. Did they ask you to write about what caused you to have a restriction and how things had changed so that would not happen again?

I can tell you exactly what I did if you want to PM me.

One problem I'm having is that I don't really know why I have restricted rehire status. I was never terminated, I finished my program. I'm guessing it's from attendance reprimands although I had attendance reprimands on my first CP and had no issues being hired for my second CP. I didn't have any other disciplinary notations or anything like that.
When they asked me to write about the circumstances of my termination I wrote that I successfully completed my program but had some attendance issues, I went into a big spiel about having matured and wanting to begin a lifelong career with Disney, etc.
It's really frustrating going through the audition process and being offered a role and then being denied rehire.

One problem I'm having is that I don't really know why I have restricted rehire status. I was never terminated, I finished my program. I'm guessing it's from attendance reprimands although I had attendance reprimands on my first CP and had no issues being hired for my second CP. I didn't have any other disciplinary notations or anything like that.
When they asked me to write about the circumstances of my termination I wrote that I successfully completed my program but had some attendance issues, I went into a big spiel about having matured and wanting to begin a lifelong career with Disney, etc.
It's really frustrating going through the audition process and being offered a role and then being denied rehire.

Sounds like there is some definitely mix up of information if you were never terminated and yet they are requesting information regarding your termination. You may have to try to go through some different channels or keep asking to speak to someone directly to perhaps get things cleared up.

Well Disney seems to use termination as a catch all for leaving the company. But I think I'll call casting and ask if they can tell me more.

True, but they also use "separated" from the company. When I left years ago I was separated from the company but also "eligible for rehire". I had to sign the paperwork so I saw what had been written down.

It won't hurt to ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter