Am I insane? (Updated: Yes, I am insane ;) )

Good grief, DO IT, MAN! :thumbsup2

I've seen those dinners set up on the beach in Maui, they are SPECTACULAR...there is nothing better than a romantic, private meal with a warm trade wind blowing and a mind-blowing sunset. It's your ANNIVERSARY, don't ask us, just DO it.

Life is short. You're in Maui. Live it to the fullest.

I know if it were my husband, I'd be thrilled that he just planned something, let alone something as romantic as that. DH is a wonderful man, and will go on any date/special event and we'll have a great time. However, I would absolutely love it if he completely planned an event just once. I'd probably be happy with a date at a hot dog shack if I didn't have to pick it, arrange child care, and schedule everything. I'd be over the moon at a dinner like the one you're contemplating.

I would agree that you should do it but don't tell her how much it costs. It might spoil it for her. I know I would choke on my food if I knew it cost that much.
We went to Maui at the end of 1989. DH's then-employer paid for it as a sales incentive. We stayed at that same hotel (Hyatt Regency Maui) and it was fabulous! Enjoy yourself. We did it before kids.
Robin M.

If it's something that both you and your wife would enjoy, then of course, do it!

I'm going to Hawaii for 15 days in July/August for my 25th anniversary. We will be at the same Hyatt for the Maui portion of our stay. I was excited when I saw that dinner experience offered. When I saw the price I was dumbfounded! Yes, I can afford it; I just don't know why the dinner commands such an exorbitant amount. Personally, I would be more comfortable having 2 or 3 fabulous dinners for the $500 and then sipping champagne on the beach for free!

Have you looked at what Lanai has to offer along the same lines? I'm guessing you are staying at one of the biggies. Might even be nicer. Just sayin'.

If it is in the financial budget then go for it :thumbsup2 You will have wonderful memories, and what a way to share a 10 yr anniversary. Definitely romantic, you only live in this world once, can not take $$ with you. . . . .

ENJOY!!:thumbsup2

That sounds so wonderful! Of course you should do it. However, if your wife is someone who might fret over how much money it was, don't bring up the price, and if she does, give a lower ballpark estimate. ;)

ETA: I ALWAYS have this urge to answer threads with titles along the same lines as yours as "Yes", no matter who posts them.

only reason i would say 'no' to it is we stayed at the same hotel last november, and the open air restaurant (where the food likely comes from) has stunning beach/sunset views already. unless you are realy into the private cabana thing i'de see if i could get a resie for one of the best tables on the patio and accomplish the same thing.

btw-their spa is wonderful and gives great hot stone massages:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 also if you get the chance-do the star gazing program on the hotel roof-the telescopes give you an awsome view.:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

our 'big splurge' was to do the helicopter ride to hana with a catered lunch and guided tour back down. that was a realy nice trip and well worth the $$$.

I would say yes do it, but then I stop and think... for that much we could add an extra day.

Unless of course an extra day is not feasible.

Btw, Bob, how old is the youngest? ;)

Just turned 2, why do you ask? ;)

I haven't decided yet, but I think it's a good idea that if I do it, I won't mention the price -- she'll figure it eventually, but it'll be too late at that point. :teeth:

Just turned 2, why do you ask? ;)

I haven't decided yet, but I think it's a good idea that if I do it, I won't mention the price -- she'll figure it eventually, but it'll be too late at that point. :teeth:

There are some things that are priceless and this dinner is one of them. Enjoy!

Yanno, holding a little girl in the family photos would look nice too. ;)

Well, if you can afford to spend that much on a romantic dinner ~ go for it!! You only live once! Think of all you went thru a few years ago....that was not a fun time I'm sure, so celebrate LIFE & love!! Now, if my DH had planned that for us, I'd have to kill him, because we're not in any financial condition to do that! ;) Go for it! Then tell us ALL about it!!

My goodness, your kids have gotten so big!! They are just gorgeous!

isn't this the dinner where you have the whole beach to yourself? And a waiter all you r own?

Not unreasonable if that is what is included...

But I could not afford it.

Mikeeee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter