Am I the only one that is unimpressed with SWGE - where is the juice?

They wanted to know what I liked least about the land, so I told them. I don't like the lack of Star Wars area music, lack of good snack options, lack of familiarity of the land, lack of things to do that don't cost $$$$, lack of live entertainment/shows, lack of things to keep small children entertained. I said the MF ride mission was irrelevant and boring. I said the drinks at Oga's are too weak and too sweet for the price. I said the made up language resulted in some awkward and borderline rude CM interactions. I said they need more kid friendly foods.

I didn't, like, go off. I just was very clear about the aspects of the land that I don't like.
I was confused cause they sent you a survey and you answered honestly, which is what they wanted, so you "let them have" your answers? Exactly the point of a survey

Last edited:
I got to experience it for the first time yesterday AM during EEMH. As a fan since 1977 it was amazing for me. While I am an OT loyalist, I’m not a hater of the prequels or the sequels (but far prefer the latter). Seeing the Millennium Falcon for the first time brought literal tears to my eyes as I was suddenly a young child again, wanting to fly with Han and Chewie (and yell at C3PO!)

No, it’s not a planet I know (and search my posts if you care, I was majorly bummed about that) but I could spend hours walking around and looking at all the details. It is very “Star Wars” to me. I especially liked the roaming characters (we saw Chewie, Rey, storm troopers, a cranky First Order guy insisting all new droids need to be registered, and Kylo Ren). That was very reminiscent of SWW and I loved it.

I’m sorry that some fans don’t like it or are indifferent to it. DS16 moved on from SW several years ago :sad: but he appreciated it for what they did (and how Mom reacted- except the tears). I’m not going to try to sway anyone to come to my way of seeing it. Either you feel it or you don’t. But you’ll never sway me to feel your way either.
I love it as well. I can spend so much time just admiring the detail. Cant wait for ROTR, but I can enjoy the land without it. The "land" is not as engaging as Harry Potter, but i do admire it over cars land. Will be going to DW this december, so I'm anxious to compare it with Avatar land.

They wanted to know what I liked least about the land, so I told them. I don't like the lack of Star Wars area music, lack of good snack options, lack of familiarity of the land, lack of things to do that don't cost $$$$, lack of live entertainment/shows, lack of things to keep small children entertained. I said the MF ride mission was irrelevant and boring. I said the drinks at Oga's are too weak and too sweet for the price. I said the made up language resulted in some awkward and borderline rude CM interactions. I said they need more kid friendly foods.

I didn't, like, go off. I just was very clear about the aspects of the land that I don't like.
The lack of food options that kids will actually eat is, to me, a glaring oversight at a family resort. I guarantee my child (5) won’t eat anything there, on looks alone. Unless anything changes before we arrive, my plan is to purchase a Power Pack on our way out of the park the night before, and then bring it with us the next morning so he has something for lunch.

The lack of food options that kids will actually eat is, to me, a glaring oversight at a family resort. I guarantee my child (5) won’t eat anything there, on looks alone. Unless anything changes before we arrive, my plan is to purchase a Power Pack on our way out of the park the night before, and then bring it with us the next morning so he has something for lunch.
these are similar options as they have in Pandora at Satuli Canteen, Disney is trying to offer something other than regular theme park food, but you do know that there's "kid friendly" options just feet away from GE, either in TSLand or at PizzeRizzo and Backlot Express right?

these are similar options as they have in Pandora at Satuli Canteen, Disney is trying to offer something other than regular theme park food, but you do know that there's "kid friendly" options just feet away from GE, either in TSLand or at PizzeRizzo and Backlot Express right?
Different options aren’t bad options. But most other restaurants I’ve looked at offer a kids’ menu with options for less sophisticated palates in mind. DH really wants a Ronto Roaster and I don’t want to run my family around to different restaurants for lunch, so we’ll get the Power Pack and everyone will be happy. It works. But I think they could have done something with, for example, an interesting kabob option, or even a “plain” Ronto Roaster type option without the slaw and pork loin, that would appeal to the youngsters.

Different options aren’t bad options. But most other restaurants I’ve looked at offer a kids’ menu with options for less sophisticated palates in mind. DH really wants a Ronto Roaster and I don’t want to run my family around to different restaurants for lunch, so we’ll get the Power Pack and everyone will be happy. It works. But I think they could have done something with, for example, an interesting kabob option, or even a “plain” Ronto Roaster type option without the slaw and pork loin, that would appeal to the youngsters.
they have macaroni and chicken at Docking Bay 7 and you can order the ronto wrap without the slaw and pork, just pita bread and sausage

So remove everything that makes Star Wars Galaxys Edge and Batuu unique and innovative and for adults in the digital age, and make it into another generic theme park land.

If you want what you are describing take your kids to Tomorrowland, where you have kid friendly food, kid friendly cheep plastic merchandise and you can wait in line and meet Darth Vadar, and be surrounded by music and greenery!

We FINALLY get a more adult land, with adult drinks, and good quality collector / cosplay merchandise and the Disney families ruin it by saying its not kid friendly, we dont like it.

So remove everything that makes Star Wars Galaxys Edge and Batuu unique and innovative and for adults in the digital age, and make it into another generic theme park land.

If you want what you are describing take your kids to Tomorrowland, where you have kid friendly food, kid friendly cheep plastic merchandise and you can wait in line and meet Darth Vadar, and be surrounded by music and greenery!

We FINALLY get a more adult land, with adult drinks, and good quality collector / cosplay merchandise and the Disney families ruin it by saying its not kid friendly, we dont like it.

Nope. Sorry. They asked for my opinion. I gave it. I'm not gonna apologize for that. Every land at DL has VARIETY. That's all I think SWGE needs. I'm not advocating taking anything away. But is it really too much to ask to put some normal food items on the menu for picky eaters? Or offer some more mainstream snacks? No one is buying the popcorn. It's pretty obvious that and the jerky are NOT popular snacks.

I don't want to ruin anything. I want SWGE to be more enjoyable for everyone. They can get there with some tweaks. My kids aren't little anymore, but they are not adventurous eaters. It would be nice if I could sit down at Docking Bay 7 and get my kids a plain bowl of mac and cheese (since they already offer it as part of the meal, why is this not an option?) or some regular chicken tenders (or, again, even just the chicken they serve, but served plain, or with some fruit instead of green beans, which are, arguably, one of these least liked veggies by kids). The lack of flexibility means we have to stop twice for a meal if one of us wants to eat at SW land. That's inconvenient.

They can get there with some tweaks. My kids aren't little anymore, but they are not adventurous eaters. It would be nice if I could sit down at Docking Bay 7 and get my kids a plain bowl of mac and cheese (since they already offer it as part of the meal, why is this not an option?) or some regular chicken tenders (or, again, even just the chicken they serve, but served plain, or with some fruit instead of green beans, which are, arguably, one of these least liked veggies by kids). The lack of flexibility means we have to stop twice for a meal if one of us wants to eat at SW land. That's inconvenient.

We ate here today, my 11yo got the chicken with Mac and cheese. She really liked it. The vegetable today was broccoli, not sure if it changes. I agree that it would be nice if some things were offered as sides. Or maybe some mix and match options, the adult menu has the chicken with mashed potatoes.
And I can’t believe that soda in a plastic ball cost me 6 units!

Themed music would be cool

We ate here today, my 11yo got the chicken with Mac and cheese. She really liked it. The vegetable today was broccoli, not sure if it changes. I agree that it would be nice if some things were offered as sides. Or maybe some mix and match options, the adult menu has the chicken with mashed potatoes.
And I can’t believe that soda in a plastic ball cost me 6 units!

Themed music would be cool

Broccoli is better than green beans. Our issue is that one kid loves mac and cheese but doesn't eat chicken, and the other loves chicken but won't eat pasta. I wish you could get the kids meal with the mashed potatoes, or just a bowl of mac and cheese with the broccoli but no chicken. But even the mashed potatoes have veggies in them that my son won't touch. It sucks having food aversions due to sensory issues. Putting veggies in mashed potatoes is a sensory nightmare. :( My son would be all about the chicken with plain mashed potatoes. He loves eating at Plaza Inn and Flo's, so a kids meal that is a bit less adventurous would be really appreciated here.

Funny, every person I talked to and my own experience was that the drinks at Oga's were very strong. My only complaint was the lack of bathroom in the bar.

The Cast Members (not sure if that is even the term we should use) were beyond into their roles. One commented on the Swamp Rat (Mickey Mouse) tank top I had on, and asked if it was the one all Earthlings worship. Another commented that the heat there was very similar to a place on Earth called Florida.

So yeah, I too take offence to someone who wants to turn that special place into something like any other area at the theme parks. If it isn't your thing, go to one of the numerous places that offer the same old chicken nuggets and the same old character interactions. I loved Star Wars land. Til the Spires!!

Broccoli is better than green beans. Our issue is that one kid loves mac and cheese but doesn't eat chicken, and the other loves chicken but won't eat pasta. I wish you could get the kids meal with the mashed potatoes, or just a bowl of mac and cheese with the broccoli but no chicken. But even the mashed potatoes have veggies in them that my son won't touch. It sucks having food aversions due to sensory issues. Putting veggies in mashed potatoes is a sensory nightmare. :( My son would be all about the chicken with plain mashed potatoes. He loves eating at Plaza Inn and Flo's, so a kids meal that is a bit less adventurous would be really appreciated here.
We had no trouble switching out the vegetables for the mashed potatoes with the kids meal. They seemed very accommodating. Did you ask about different substitutions?

But the mashed potatoes have vegetables in them.
I know. Sorry. My point is, they seemed accommodating. Maybe you could get two kids meals with double chicken on one plate and double macaroni on the other plate with veggies on a side plate so nothing touches them. Just a thought.

The holding area is AWESOME but way too short lived. Barely even have time to take in the moment of playing Dejarik on the MF . It was definitely fun to pilot with my wife opposite of me --- we were yelling at each other--just like real life!!! :) It was a lot of fun and the Cast Member upon entering -- said we were dismal---very true --- 29% haha. Bring Dramamine if you're flying with us.

I'm not susceptible to motion sickness...except for my first time on FoP. I'll be fine if you guys are our pilots

Sounds like R2 dropped you off on Jakku. The Cantina we visited was quite lively with great service and entertainment and drinks were spot on.

That obsession snack though was an experience left best to the little ones to run off.

Sounds like R2 dropped you off on Jakku. The Cantina we visited was quite lively with great service and entertainment and drinks were spot on.

That obsession snack though was an experience left best to the little ones to run off.

I didn't complain about the service or entertainment in Oga's. Just mentioned the weakness of the mixed drinks and the intense sweetness. People complained about this at Lamplight Lounge early on and they adjusted the recipes because lately, the drinks have been much better balanced. They do listen to feedback. No one wants to pay $17 for kool aid with a thimble of alcohol added...

We were there last week. I think it is what it is meant to be. I do think the draw to the land is definitely there, but personally, I don’t see the need to return again and again. I think that’s the major flaw at this point. Maybe it’s just me, but I feel like Disney will need to revamp it someway to make people to want to come back. Maybe a scanvenger-type hunt like what they did in MK. Maybe that’s already in the plans, but as it stands right now, I don’t personally feel the need to want to return like I do to other lands. Just my opinion.

Side note: the blue milk was not good to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter